Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/14/2020 9:18 am  #541


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Eric! 'tis a good place to be. :D
--Ron--


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
Unseen Servant for all your PbP needs.
 

1/14/2020 9:21 am  #542


Re: Introduction Thread

Ericwebb wrote:

My names Eric Webb and I started gaming in 79 with the basic set. At least I think it was 79? Anyway I love AS&SH and all the fiction it’s based on.

Welcome aboard. There are alot of us "Old Timers" here. I started in '76 at around 9 years old...


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Role-Playing Games for 45 years.
 

1/21/2020 7:59 pm  #543


Re: Introduction Thread

Hi folks!

Rob from Wisconsin (U.S.) here.

I started playing first edition AD&D around 1983 with some guys in high school and have been hooked on all manner of gritty fantasy genre games ever since. I currently run an old school monthly 1E campaign that has been going on for several years now. I also play in a detailed AS&SH campaign run by a fellow member of this board.

My wife and I attend several gaming conventions throughout the year where we have met a lot of the talented people here. (and hope to meet a few more) We play in as many old school style games as we can together and I usually run a few sessions of this or that as well.

I’ve only been playing AS&SH for a few years now, but I really dig the system a lot. I have started running home brewed sessions at the conventions as well, and it always seems to go over big with the attendees.

I hope to start checking in here more often and maybe become a bigger part of this great Hyperborean community!

Oh ya, in real life......I’m a Runegraver.  (I wish)

 

1/21/2020 10:51 pm  #544


Re: Introduction Thread

Big Shiny wrote:

Hi folks!

Rob from Wisconsin (U.S.) here.

I started playing first edition AD&D around 1983 with some guys in high school and have been hooked on all manner of gritty fantasy genre games ever since. I currently run an old school monthly 1E campaign that has been going on for several years now. I also play in a detailed AS&SH campaign run by a fellow member of this board.

My wife and I attend several gaming conventions throughout the year where we have met a lot of the talented people here. (and hope to meet a few more) We play in as many old school style games as we can together and I usually run a few sessions of this or that as well.

I’ve only been playing AS&SH for a few years now, but I really dig the system a lot. I have started running home brewed sessions at the conventions as well, and it always seems to go over big with the attendees.

I hope to start checking in here more often and maybe become a bigger part of this great Hyperborean community!

Oh ya, in real life......I’m a Runegraver.  (I wish)

 
Say, I know this guy!  He runs an awesome 1E game and has some good constructive criticism on a AS&SH game I run!  Welcome!


Other bands play, Manowar kill!
 

1/22/2020 8:20 am  #545


Re: Introduction Thread

Big Shiny wrote:

Hi folks!
...
I hope to start checking in here more often and maybe become a bigger part of this great Hyperborean community!

Oh ya, in real life......I’m a Runegraver.  (I wish)

 
Well, you do have the ever-present-ale-horn-emptying part down cold.


What? Me worry?
 

1/22/2020 8:26 am  #546


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Rob!! Glad you found Hyperborea those years ago! Pretty friendly group here, glad you are part of it.


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

1/22/2020 12:58 pm  #547


Re: Introduction Thread

Rob! Looking forward to seeing you at Gary Con. Thanks for your enthusiasm and support! ~Jeff T.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

1/23/2020 12:45 pm  #548


Re: Introduction Thread

MrManowar wrote:

Say, I know this guy! He runs an awesome 1E game and has some good constructive criticism on a AS&SH game I run! Welcome!

Thank you sir! I would tell everyone how good your game is, but it seems they can read that for themselves. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png



 

 

1/23/2020 12:46 pm  #549


Re: Introduction Thread

gizmomathboy wrote:

Big Shiny wrote:

Hi folks!
...
I hope to start checking in here more often and maybe become a bigger part of this great Hyperborean community!

Oh ya, in real life......I’m a Runegraver. (I wish)

 
Well, you do have the ever-present-ale-horn-emptying part down cold.

Thanks man! That's a compliment if I've ever heard one.  

 

1/23/2020 12:48 pm  #550


Re: Introduction Thread

mabon5127 wrote:

Welcome Rob!! Glad you found Hyperborea those years ago! Pretty friendly group here, glad you are part of it.

Thanks! It feels good to finally be more involved around here. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png
 
 

 

1/23/2020 12:52 pm  #551


Re: Introduction Thread

Ghul wrote:

Rob! Looking forward to seeing you at Gary Con. Thanks for your enthusiasm and support! ~Jeff T.

Hell ya, man! We are looking forward to it as well. We should definitely tip a few cows back again this year. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nervous.png
 
 

 

1/23/2020 1:00 pm  #552


Re: Introduction Thread

LOL

 

1/23/2020 6:46 pm  #553


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome, Big Shiny: as you see it's a friendly crowd here. 


"Enough of this intolerable inanity! I propose that such loquacity passes beyond the scope of nuisance and over the verge of turpitude."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous
 

3/16/2020 3:31 pm  #554


Re: Introduction Thread

Looks like this is where I should have posted my first introducing myself post https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/embarrassed.png


I posted in the Welcome thread....it seemed ... welcoming!

 

3/16/2020 3:54 pm  #555


Re: Introduction Thread

Hello and welcome!


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

3/16/2020 10:55 pm  #556


Re: Introduction Thread

Big Shiny wrote:

Hi folks!

Rob from Wisconsin (U.S.) here.

I started playing first edition AD&D around 1983 with some guys in high school and have been hooked on all manner of gritty fantasy genre games ever since. I currently run an old school monthly 1E campaign that has been going on for several years now. I also play in a detailed AS&SH campaign run by a fellow member of this board.

My wife and I attend several gaming conventions throughout the year where we have met a lot of the talented people here. (and hope to meet a few more) We play in as many old school style games as we can together and I usually run a few sessions of this or that as well.

I’ve only been playing AS&SH for a few years now, but I really dig the system a lot. I have started running home brewed sessions at the conventions as well, and it always seems to go over big with the attendees.

I hope to start checking in here more often and maybe become a bigger part of this great Hyperborean community!

Oh ya, in real life......I’m a Runegraver. (I wish)

You sound like a real hidden gem... https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png
https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png
https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png
https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png

 

5/28/2020 4:12 pm  #557


Re: Introduction Thread

Hi all, thanks for letting me join. I’m Simon and from the uk. I’m  just getting back into roleplaying after a 35yr break (returning thanks to The Grognard Files podcast - if you haven’t listened, it’s great). Im currently running a pulp Cthulhu game but fancied going back to D&D , however the new edition doesn’t do it for me. My roots are totally AD&D 1ed and my favourite fantasy author has always been CAS (my dad bought me Lost Worlds back in the 70s and it’s inspired me ever since). So I was overjoyed to discover that this game exists ! May be some time before I get to run a game but I’m feeling very excited by the thought of putting a campaign together. 

 

5/28/2020 4:15 pm  #558


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome! Yes, AS&SH seems almost tailor-made for you! https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

5/28/2020 4:22 pm  #559


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome to the forum! We're a friendly bunch here, with a similar bent. You're in good company if those are the interests which brought you to AS&SH.


"Enough of this intolerable inanity! I propose that such loquacity passes beyond the scope of nuisance and over the verge of turpitude."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous
 

5/28/2020 7:05 pm  #560


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome aboard, goat major!


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera






“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2020 North Wind Adventures, LLC.