!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/26/2016 9:02 am  #1

Our Garage

One reason I haven't gotten any gaming done this year (third verse, same as the first) is because I've been building a new garage so we wouldn't have to fight with junkies over our current shared driveway.  This involved buying the house on the other side of us, having it demolished, getting the lots surveyed and combined, and then spending two months fighting with contractors and the weather.  It's finally finished - just in time for the Stormaggedon that laid most of the state of West Virginia in ruins.  Luckily the garage held up pretty well.  Here are some pictures!

New garage!

Look at those cool spiral steps!

Our house looms over the garage - hey, there's my Japanese maple!

Sorry - after spending almost nine months battling druggies, bureaucrats, and the weather, I had to gloat a little.

Last edited by Blackadder23 (6/26/2016 9:04 am)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

6/26/2016 9:47 am  #2

Re: Our Garage

Looks very nice, Ben. Congrats! Hope you can find some time to relax now. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

6/26/2016 11:49 am  #3

Gloat away, sir!  Congratulations and well done!

6/26/2016 6:09 pm  #4

It's beautiful! Is that the game room above the garage? ;) 

Ahh, I can imagine all the beers and cigars and rolling dice that could be enjoyed up there!

The Japanese maple is impressive! 

Thanks for sharing.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

6/27/2016 1:39 pm  #5

Ghul wrote:

It's beautiful! Is that the game room above the garage? ;) 

I was thinking recording booth, myself.  ;-)

6/27/2016 5:58 pm  #6

Thanks guys!

I wish the garage was two stories, but the bureaucrats won that round.  The zoning laws here keep you from building one tall enough to have a second floor unless it's a garage apartment.  The dormer is just for light and to make it look more like the house.  Oh well, at least my car is off the street for the first time in my life.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.