!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2022 2:03 pm  #1

Hyperborea as Greyhawk's North Pole

Hey folks. I've noticed a few Greyhawk fans are also Hyperborea fans. Has anyone done the work to attempt to place Hyperborea as Oerth's North Pole? Does doing that detract from the setting do you think? Has anyone done the mapping work? Does it fit?

8/20/2022 2:09 pm  #2

Re: Hyperborea as Greyhawk's North Pole

Matteus wrote:

Hey folks. I've noticed a few Greyhawk fans are also Hyperborea fans. Has anyone done the work to attempt to place Hyperborea as Oerth's North Pole? Does doing that detract from the setting do you think? Has anyone done the mapping work? Does it fit?

I've incorporated Hyperborea into the nearby planar landscape of Oerth; some details at https://grodog.blogspot.com/2020/05/planar-architecture-for-grodog-greyhawk-campaigns.html

I'm using Hyperborea as-is and allowing it to remain in its "native" form, rather than re-attaching it to Greyhawk.  That said, I could easily see you doing so, up above the Land of Black Ice and the Icy Sea.  It could be a polar continent up there, or perhaps be a subterranean "lost world" below the north pole, too. 

Allan.

Last edited by grodog (8/25/2022 8:04 pm)

8/23/2022 3:31 pm  #3

Re: Hyperborea as Greyhawk's North Pole

Nice! Classic S&S adds to a classic.

Na Chuba! Na Gita! Negatorie Na! Na! Natoota! 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.