!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/22/2022 3:45 pm  #1

Keep on the Hyperborderlands

thinking about running Keep on the Borderlands in Hyperborea-- but I'm not sure where to put it geographically. I have the 2e monsterous manual for all the creatures not typically present in these most northern isles, all that remains is the "where". perhaps I could just drop a shrunken down dutchy of karamikos somewhere in the hyperborean sea, but I think there must be a good spot for the keep somewhere on the mainland.

considering following up with Master of the Desert Nomads/ Temple of Death.

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

1/23/2022 2:03 am  #2

Re: Keep on the Hyperborderlands

Maybe in Brigand's Bay, reconfigured as the fortress of a bandit "king"?

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

1/23/2022 8:51 am  #3

that's a good idea!

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

1/24/2022 3:38 pm  #4

Actually, I'd think that the "settlement" south of Larchmere Yys might be better if you then continue the quest series. To the back, you have a river that passes through the red Desert and heads to the Mountain chan described in the Desert Nomads, But then going through a Pass for the Temple leads kinda nowhere...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/24/2022 6:03 pm  #5

This is really helpful. Thanks

1/25/2022 8:18 am  #6

Well I placed between the Kimmerians and the Kelts, also I redid map of KoB:

My Map is a conversion of an area north of Brigand's Bay, but I enjoy the area for the cultural mix, Kimmerians, Kelts, Vikings and Common types are frequent.

I call the keep Dunbeag, and based on the map form: Keep on the Borderlands: The Expansion - Usherwood Publishing | High-Adventure from Middle-School | DriveThruRPG.com

Changed some of Names to use my maps.
Dunbeag Region Text 001 | Nialldubh | Flickr

1/25/2022 10:50 pm  #7

thanks man!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.