LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2019 4:36 pm  #1

BFGCon 2020

BFG Con is a convention in Frederick MD March 13-15th 2020. For those in the area I'll be running a few games.

We had several folks from the boards attend last year.

It would be really cool if we could get some more AS&SH represented at this growing convention!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/17/2019 6:22 pm  #2

Re: BFGCon 2020

mabon5127 wrote:

BFG Con is a convention in Frederick MD March 13-15th 2020. For those in the area I'll be running a few games.

It would be really cool if we could get some more AS&SH represented at this growing convention!

Excellent to hear! I plan to attend with my son again, and will see if I can get some others from the area to attend, too.

"Rhialto said sternly: 'Sarsem, your conduct has been less than wise. Need I remind you of this?'
'You need say nothing! In sheer disgust, discharge me from my indenture! The humiliation will be an overwhelming punishment.'
'We are not so cruel,' said Ildefonse."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

11/18/2019 8:01 pm  #3

I plan on attending with my son again this year. With luck I'll be able to run a game again.

11/18/2019 8:49 pm  #4

tomas wrote:

I plan on attending with my son again this year. With luck I'll be able to run a game again.

I hope you do: I missed your game last year, would like to make it this year.

"Rhialto said sternly: 'Sarsem, your conduct has been less than wise. Need I remind you of this?'
'You need say nothing! In sheer disgust, discharge me from my indenture! The humiliation will be an overwhelming punishment.'

11/18/2019 9:38 pm  #5

I may try to make it, seeing as I'm based in Annapolis for the next few months.  Is there a game store around there that normally rounds AS&SH?  Around here it seems to be all 5e, Warhammer, Pathfinder or CCG.  I've checked around for OSR games and even posted flyers with no success.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

11/19/2019 10:47 am  #6

tomas wrote:

Looking forward to seeing you folks!

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 10:48 am  #7

rhialto wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Excellent to hear! I plan to attend with my son again, and will see if I can get some others from the area to attend, too.

Great, want to see you guys again! 

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 10:50 am  #8

Spider of Leng wrote:

I may try to make it, seeing as I'm based in Annapolis for the next few months.  Is there a game store around there that normally rounds AS&SH?  Around here it seems to be all 5e, Warhammer, Pathfinder or CCG.  I've checked around for OSR games and even posted flyers with no success.

I live two hours from the area, unfortunately. The one store I get to Games and Stuff is great but is pretty typical in not having much OSR RPGing going on.

While in my soul forever

11/19/2019 9:09 pm  #9

I live about an hour from Games and Stuff and go there frequently enough.  Maybe we should try to meet there for a game one weekend?

11/20/2019 2:47 pm  #10

tomas wrote:

I live about an hour from Games and Stuff and go there frequently enough. Maybe we should try to meet there for a game one weekend?

An interesting thought! There are probably half a dozen in the area that could make it.

While in my soul forever

11/20/2019 9:13 pm  #11

mabon5127 wrote:

tomas wrote:

I live about an hour from Games and Stuff and go there frequently enough. Maybe we should try to meet there for a game one weekend?

An interesting thought! There are probably half a dozen in the area that could make it.

I would certainly try to make it.

11/21/2019 1:50 pm  #12

http://gamesandstuffonline.com/event/role-playing-game-night/2019-11-21/

Games and Stuff has open gaming every Thursday night at 5 pm.  

While in my soul forever

11/22/2019 9:20 am  #13

mabon5127 wrote:

Games and Stuff has open gaming every Thursday night at 5 pm.  

With advance notice (so I can secure a kitchen pass) I would drive up from work and be there at 5pm.

11/23/2019 11:08 pm  #14

I'd love to meet up at Games-n-Stuff or Third Eye in Annapolis.  But I'd also be willing to drive a couple hours for a game elsewhere if we can swing it.  Unfortunately I'll be back at my full-time home in Mississippi for the latter half of December, but I might be able to squeeze a game in before then or once I'm back in January.

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

11/25/2019 4:18 pm  #15

Spider of Leng wrote:

I'd love to meet up at Games-n-Stuff or Third Eye in Annapolis.  But I'd also be willing to drive a couple hours for a game elsewhere if we can swing it.  Unfortunately I'll be back at my full-time home in Mississippi for the latter half of December, but I might be able to squeeze a game in before then or once I'm back in January.

Unfortunately with the holidays, I am looking toward after the first of the year. Though I am pretty jazzed about meeting up for a Game in Early January.  

While in my soul forever

11/25/2019 9:29 pm  #16

Then let's all shoot for early January. We have a few weeks to correlate our schedules and figure out who will DM.

11/26/2019 6:21 am  #17

I'd like to try and make it, too, but G&S is ~1.5 - 2 hrs. from me. Is Thu the only option?

11/26/2019 8:33 am  #18

I'm pretty sure they have open tables on the weekend as well.  I'm out of state now, but I can check next week when I'm back in Annapolis.

11/26/2019 6:15 pm  #19

rhialto wrote:

I'd like to try and make it, too, but G&S is ~1.5 - 2 hrs. from me. Is Thu the only option?

Its about two hours for me as well. Thursday is the only open gaming night they have.

While in my soul forever

11/26/2019 8:28 pm  #20

You can run a RPG over the weekends, but....

You are at the mercy of whatever else is going on that weekend. If they are running a MtG or XWing tournament the place gets packed. If we want to do a weekend then we'd need to double check that the place won't be crowded before we have people start driving 2 hours to get there.

Board footera

“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2022 North Wind Adventures, LLC.