!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/02/2019 8:13 am  #1

Plane Shift

Does this spell send people to Underborea?

8/02/2019 1:39 pm  #2

Re: Plane Shift

Hmm, I supposed it could, but it may also be able to shift them elsewhere in the universe, including back to the "Old World", Perhaps to an unearthly relm (one of the Godly planes), or something like a parrell universe. But looking at the spell, It seems to describe a shift into the "Shadowy Realm", so It could be Underborea if you want to go that way. Your the GM, make it how you want...

The sorcerer transports himself and as many as six allies (all holding hands) to a realm unseen, a place of shadows, smoke, death, and destruction, where all is ruin and where dwell forlorn spirits, shadowy beasts, and other nameless horrors. Those transported by plane shift are cursed to forever remain in this realm of despair unless brought back by the sorcerer or some other agent. Encounters in this shadowy realm are entirely possible, as the referee will determine, and frequent visitors are more likely to garner attention. If this spell is used offensively to banish an opponent, the target must be of 6 HD or fewer and is allowed a sorcery saving throw to resist its effects.

Last edited by BlackKnight (8/02/2019 1:41 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

8/03/2019 6:09 pm  #3

Re: Plane Shift

Yeah, the guys from Stranger Things totally plagiarized us, but I'll let it go . . . this time! ;)

The intent is that it's a shadow realm, a mirror universe Purgatory of sorts, but like Black Knight said -- do what thou wilt!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.