!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/23/2019 4:09 pm  #21

Re: NTRPG Con XI (2019)

achiriaco wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Snagged a seat in one Chainsaw's games!

Thanks man, I'm flattered. Should be good!

I'm in too!

Awesome! I've run this module more than a dozen times now and everyone's had fun, so I'm sure it will be great. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/05/2019 1:04 am  #22

I registered another AS&SH game for max-level characters on Saturday morning between 10-4: "Buried Under Black Ice".  A large black diamond-shaped object fell from the heavens while the longbeards began muttering about signs and portents of a war between the stars and the gods.  It crossed the sky over your small freehold before disappearing beyond the mountains guarding the Plain of Leng.  Now the diviners warn that unless you find it first, this mysterious conflict will destroy the freehold you've eked from the wilderness.  

Last edited by EOTB (4/05/2019 1:05 am)

4/05/2019 8:20 am  #23

Sounds great! Maybe if you run it at Gary Con in 2020, I can play there.

Here's my schedule:
Weds 7-12: Steve OD&D (Castle Dreadmoor)

Thurs 9-1: EOTB AD&D (Twisting Stair)
Thurs 1-6: tetramorph OD&D (Opal Eye of Hifflinger's Treasury)
Thurs 6-12: K&KA Social OD&D (tetramorph, austinjimm)

Fri 8-1: Welleran AD&D (Dismal Glades of the Spider Goddess)
Fri 7-12: Chainsaw AS&SH (Brazen Bull)

Sat 12-6: Chainsaw AS&SH (Lost Treasure of Atlantis)
Sat 7-12: Chainsaw AS&SH (Brazen Bull)

4/05/2019 1:55 pm  #24

If there’s any dead time we might be able to get a start in off-grid some evening, and carry on over roll20 after the con

(I’ll be running it at GC too, since off-grid plans can get lost in a haze of Jim’s excellent stout!)

4/05/2019 8:18 pm  #25

EOTB wrote:

I registered another AS&SH game for max-level characters on Saturday morning between 10-4: "Buried Under Black Ice".  A large black diamond-shaped object fell from the heavens while the longbeards began muttering about signs and portents of a war between the stars and the gods.  It crossed the sky over your small freehold before disappearing beyond the mountains guarding the Plain of Leng.  Now the diviners warn that unless you find it first, this mysterious conflict will destroy the freehold you've eked from the wilderness.  

I will be in Chainsaws AS&SH game at that time. Maybe we can all get together and do something off-grid, although my plate is pretty full.

4/05/2019 8:31 pm  #26

Henry and I will be digging into events to register for this weekend! :D

Allan.

4/07/2019 8:03 pm  #27

EOTB wrote:

Oh, my goodness, I love when the PCs are fed a ration of paranoia as motivation to do stuff. Excellent.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/09/2019 12:05 pm  #28

achiriaco wrote:

I will be in Chainsaws AS&SH game at that time. Maybe we can all get together and do something off-grid, although my plate is pretty full.

Yeah, I didn't pay close enough attention to when all the other great AS&SH games are running!  

I'll probably cut the convention time slot down to just the meat of the adventure, and leave out the journey, so that PCs have a shot at the end game if they play well.  But perhaps if the stars align (instead of falling) an off-grid can start up at some point earlier in the week that would allow a play through of the entirety over a couple of nights.

And if not, I'm sure I'll be running it online between now and next year's con season.  

4/09/2019 12:07 pm  #29

Ghul wrote:

Oh, my goodness, I love when the PCs are fed a ration of paranoia as motivation to do stuff. Excellent.

Rations of paranoia are the main course of my campaigns :D

4/09/2019 4:54 pm  #30

EOTB wrote:

Rations of paranoia are the main course of my campaigns :D

That's a metaphor for life, right? 

4/14/2019 6:53 am  #31

Reminder - event registration opens up, first come/first serve, on April 15 at 12AM Central / 1AM Eastern. Don't forget, that means you need to stay up late tonight.

4/15/2019 12:56 am  #32

Chainsaw wrote:

Henry and I will play together in Chainsaw's game on Saturday night---his first time to play ASSH! :D

Allan.

4/15/2019 9:16 am  #33

grodog wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Henry and I will play together in Chainsaw's game on Saturday night---his first time to play ASSH! :D

Awesome! That game has another father with his two sons, so it should be fun to see how it all plays out.

5/21/2019 2:03 pm  #34

Almost here!

5/21/2019 5:13 pm  #35

achiriaco wrote:

Almost here!

I know! Super pumped. Should be great. 

5/22/2019 9:56 pm  #36

Giddy-up! It's time for Texas y'all!

5/23/2019 6:03 am  #37

Nice!

5/23/2019 10:58 am  #38

Awesome! Great pic, Iron Ranger!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/26/2019 3:59 pm  #39

Ha! Thx Ghul.
You can never have enough...
And I'm still first in line for Final 20 Orange Covers! ;)

6/05/2019 7:25 am  #40

At the airport, loaded up with my gear. Pumped!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.