!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2015 8:02 pm  #1

What's your favorite adventure?

Love to hear what adventure is your favorite, whether to play, to run or just as an inspiration to you. Doesn't need to be a Hyperborea adventure, incidentally. Anything's game! I'll chime in later.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/27/2015 5:20 pm  #2

Re: What's your favorite adventure?

Probably Caverns of Thracia. It has the perfect scale.

5/27/2015 9:35 pm  #3

All-time favourite: T1
Mega inspiration: Gary Gygax's Necropolis
Enjoying running/writing: My current AS&SH campaign

5/27/2015 9:40 pm  #4

S4

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

5/28/2015 7:25 am  #5

Quite honestly, I have not played very many of the famous early adventures (only D1 with EOTB at Gary Con, F'Chelrak's Tomb with austinjimm at NTRPG Con) and I have only read through or run a few, including B1, B2, T1, S1, S4, Caverns of Thracia, Necropolis. Part of me wants to read the rest, but another part keeps hoping I get a chance to play them someday. We'll see!

Of newer material, I've enjoyed adventures by James Boney (used White Dragon Run as the basis of a campaign), Guy Fullerton (Many Gates of the Gann), Matt Finch (Pod Caverns) and of course the Hyperborea adventures (Dunwich, Rats, Charnel Crypt, Ghost Ship, Comet and next week Forgotten Fane). There might be a few others.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.