!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2023 4:12 pm  #1

Rolling with Advantage, featuring Hyperborea!

Our friends at Rolling with Advantage are back with a new Hyperborea campaign! Love how it starts off with Roman soldier in Britain who finds himself in a strange, mythical land...

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/19/2023 11:55 am  #2

Re: Rolling with Advantage, featuring Hyperborea!

Agreed, I like that approach and have already been using something like that in my campaign. I have Ley lines connecting locations across Hyperborea, where Mystical Energies Coalesce and at random times connect and open portals between different Worlds/Times/Locations, allowing people to cross between...Also working on a Spell/Weird Science research to create portals via spell/tech in specific locations.

Also, I've pulled in the Tower of the Mammoth (Written by Thulsa and Greg Lynch (adapted and developed to AS&SH by Caveman)), On one of the floors I'll have a portal room that allows travel to different locations on Hyperborea, and perhaps other times/places. 

Excerpt From my Campain >>>“My father was out Ranging, following rumors of strange happenings some 300 miles west of Ragnarrheim in New Vinland, an area not far from where we stand now. As he was searching along the edge of the Glacial mountains, he saw strange lights in a grove. As he entered, he saw what looked like a shimmering Rainbow Doorway into a different land. A land filled with Sand and a bright yellow sun. As he watched, a horse and rider came over a dune toward the doorway riding hard. Not watching where they were going but looking back. As the rider approached the doorway, from behind the dune's crest a group of riders wearing Roman-styled armor and wielding bows emerged and let fly with a swarm of arrows. Hitting the first rider several times.” “The injured rider plunged through the doorway into the deep snow losing control and coming to a heap a dozen yards into the new realm, to the amazement of both my father and the riders following. Just as quickly as the doorway appeared, it started to shimmer and it was blinking out of existence, leaving behind a rider, now splayed in the deep snow, and a critically wounded horse. "

<<<

Last edited by BlackKnight (12/19/2023 12:00 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

12/19/2023 3:36 pm  #3

BlackKnight wrote:

Also, I've pulled in the Tower of the Mammoth (Written by Thulsa and Greg Lynch (adapted and developed to AS&SH by Caveman)), On one of the floors I'll have a portal room that allows travel to different locations on Hyperborea, and perhaps other times/places.

Nice 1!

12/20/2023 12:33 pm  #4

Caveman wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

Nice 1!

Thanks Caveman, Awesome work BTW...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

12/20/2023 12:52 pm  #5

The excerpt from your game is excellent, BK! Great stuff.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.