!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2023 1:01 pm  #41

Re: Warlords of Hyperborea: Strongholds & Followers

I was thinking if they were smart they'd fly back to their patron's ship. Put the skyboat on its deck. And only use it when attacked or they get back to land. 
But yeah, the fuel source is intended to be the main concern I guess. Make the players worry about resources. I mentioned maybe using Tomb Robbers of the Crystal Frontier. Where crystalline meteorites dot the desert setting. But I also just got Scourge of the Northland. An OSE adventure.  Which also happens to have mines full of magic crystals. That sounds like a great hook to give my players.

11/02/2023 1:33 pm  #42

Tikon2000 wrote:

I mentioned maybe using Tomb Robbers of the Crystal Frontier. Where crystalline meteorites dot the desert setting.

It may be worth mentioning that the Black Waste in Hyperborea is described thusly: "This blasted heath of ash and soot is riddled with craters, within which stand oblong star stones said to be the menhirs of a cyclopean race of otherworldly supermen." That may be a way to connect the adventure to Hyperborea (and also trick the PCs into traveling to the Black Waste).

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

12/17/2023 4:24 pm  #43

That is a cool idea. I think I'll use Lost Valley of Krishnar in the Wastes. A fertile magic fruit that keeps the valley lush. However, I wanted a place nearer to Khromarium, to set up the player's Stronghold. But that might be cool as well. Near the Witch Queen in Yithorium.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.