!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2023 8:17 pm  #1

BlackKnight's Hyperborea game Restarting. Need 3-4 new players to join

Hey guys, I'm looking to start up my Thursday night (8 PM EST) Online game. I use Owlbear Rodeo and Discord as my primary interface (as a GM I have everything in Obsidian). Starting it back up after the Summer Hiaetus. 4 of the original 7 so far have returned and we are looking to fill out the ranks of Players. We meet pretty much Every Thursday (given Family and Work issues may change things for any of us of course).
The game description is below (from the original posting on Roll20). I prefer players who have played in Hyperborea before, but any knowledge level of D&D is welcome.
Times are 8 pm EST to 11 PM. (Note, New players will start at the Average level of the current party, not first level).

--------------------------------
Hyperborea is a Dark and Dangerous world disconnected from the "Old World" and from different times throughout ancient history. There are Dozens of ancient cultures represented in Hyperborea, and new ones come to Hyperborea through portals that infrequently open into the world of the North Wind. There are also Ancient cultures long dead on the Old World that have representation on Hyperborea, Atlanteans, Hyperborean Natives, Cimmerians Etc, all seek to live amongst the others. 

The players will start their adventures in the Area of Khromaruim and be able to visit the Areas in this part of the Hyperborean Continent. In the future as they gain Knowledge, Prestige, and Coinage they may be able to discover other locations in the Hyperborean world, Perhaps they will link up with the many Sea Kings of New Vinland or Pirates of Brigand's Bay and raid the coastal Cities, Maybe they will move onto the Kimmerian Steppe or even to the vast Desert of Zakath...

Players will be starting at the first level, but being a very deadly world, I'll be asking them to create two characters each, One character will be at the forefront of the adventuring, and the secondary character will be providing support till called forth. The characters when they can afford it will be able to hire help (Guards, or other Support/Specialized Hirelings).

Characters can be quickly created using GizmoMathBoy's great Character Generators:
https://www.gizmomathboy.com/hyperborea/
Originally posted to the Hyperborean Forums at
https://hyperborea.boardhost.com/index.php
where I would suggest any players join if interested in Hyperborea. We will be playing the 3rd Edition rules, so all character types are available, noting that the party is, and must stay "mostly" good and neutral. If you want to be evil, you may have to conceal it from both the party and the people you encounter, as evil is Bad (LOL)...

Last edited by BlackKnight (10/25/2023 8:18 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

10/26/2023 9:57 am  #2

Re: BlackKnight's Hyperborea game Restarting. Need 3-4 new players to join

Here is a link to the Adventure's Journal. Shows 10 sessions, there were 14, with some not being recorded in the journal (was in Roll20, but lost after an update). 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N7DdMag8sQ8GdBFENi7ax_Bab9U1wtfOBgd9tMwGfsA/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by BlackKnight (10/26/2023 10:02 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

10/30/2023 9:02 am  #3

Re: BlackKnight's Hyperborea game Restarting. Need 3-4 new players to join

Down to two player slots open. Any takers?

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.