!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2014 4:29 pm  #1

Thief Abilities and Encumbrance

The thief description mentions only that medium armor causes a -4 penalty to some skills and heavy armor makes them impossible. Should the same limitations also apply for encumbrance?

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

4/12/2014 4:40 pm  #2

Re: Thief Abilities and Encumbrance

By the book there aren't any penalties to thief abilities for encumbrance.  Or if there are, I don't see them.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/12/2014 5:54 pm  #3

I would apply the same penalty to encumbered, and the same impossibility for heavily encumbered. It would apply to all the physical abilities, not the intelligence- and wisdom-based abilities. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/19/2014 8:09 pm  #4

Right. I was thinking that this should probably also apply to the "Controlled Fall" ability.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.