!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2019 1:44 pm  #1

Cincinnati OH

If anyone is interested in a face-to-face game in the Cincinnati OH area, I'm hoping to get a 3×monthly campaign going. AS&SH in the world of CAS's Zothique. PM for additional details

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

1/13/2019 10:16 am  #2

Re: Cincinnati OH

If I wasn't so far away (Maine) I'd jump on this in a heartbeat.  I've always wanted to play in a Zothique campaign.  If you ever decide to run it as an online game I'd be down for that.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." H.P. Lovecraft, The Picture in the House

2/03/2019 4:47 pm  #3

I may have to. I really soured on online play after trying ot run a Rappan Athuk campaign on Roll 20 and having people drop in and out. My impression was that online players weren't serious enough. But I'm not seeing a lot of interest here in Cinci in OSR games. Its all 5e, and a closed community.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

2/19/2019 9:17 am  #4

Yeah, I know what you mean about online play.

I'll be too busy until the second week of March with work projects, but am pretty open after that.  I prefer weekends, but can play weeknights as long as we don't go too late (I'm EST time zone).

Depending on the day and time I might be able to pull in 1 or 2 friends I've played with online on and off for years.  They haven't played AS&SH, but they are old school D&D gamers.  One of them is EST and the other is CST time zones.

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." H.P. Lovecraft, The Picture in the House

3/16/2019 11:16 pm  #5

Jimm,

I know you soured on on-line play but about 3 of us are looking to continue the game if you decide to un-sour

10/07/2019 7:03 pm  #6

Just a big old bump that I'm still looking for another couple of players in the southern Ohio north Ky area that might be interested in a 3× monthly ASSH game in Cincinnati, set in Zothique.

10/12/2019 7:41 am  #7

Yeah, I can't find anyone in my current area interested in OSR games either.  At the local game stores or in meetup, it's all 5e, PF, CCG, or Warhammer battles.  My regular group back home is pretty much family members and a couple friends so they generally run multiple PCs to ensure a decent party size.  I saw a posting on one of these boards for a face to face game, but it was over two hours away by car.  That's a bit far.  I'm hoping to at least hit a con sometime soon.  In the meantime, I work on writing my campaign for my regular game group for when I go back home (I'm in a visiting job through May of next year).

"Could you fancy me as a pirate bold?  Or a longship Viking warrior with the old gods on his side?  Well, I'm an inshore man and I'm nobody's hero.  But I'll make you tight for a windy night and a dark ride."--Jethro Tull

10/25/2019 9:56 am  #8

Looks like I've lucked into some potential players, through Nextdoorof all things. Give it a shot. I got more responses and interest from that − mostly old-school D&D players looking to return to the hobby − than I have through reddit, here, meetup, or any gaming site. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.