!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2018 11:06 am  #21

Re: Gary Con X Special Announcement

Heya Ghul ... I'm sure many of us would love to hear how the Celebrity Game went (at least those of us who weren't there ...    ) ... Dish my friend! ... Pics?

3/13/2018 11:54 am  #22

Yeah, didja kick Melf in the junk when he want powergamer-core on you? 

3/13/2018 12:13 pm  #23

francisca wrote:

Yeah, didja kick Melf in the junk when he want powergamer-core on you? 

Hahahaha! Inquiring minds want to know.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/13/2018 12:43 pm  #24

Did you rip up the character sheets right in front of the players after you savagely killed them?

3/13/2018 2:42 pm  #25

Hey Ghul, please let us know how the game went. Is there any chance that The Ice Sphinx will be available for purchase? Thanks. 

3/13/2018 6:24 pm  #26

The Friday night session of The Anthropophagi of Xambaala went well. I almost pulled a TPK due to a string of fantastic dice rolling. One sorry PC got away with his life, as the rest of them got eaten by cannibals.

The Saturday night celebrity went well, too. Yes, Luke played, which was great, because I'd wanted to play an RPG with him for years. Running him through some Hyperborea was an honor and a pleasure. He very much enjoyed it. He played a female Viking runegraver. He called a fellow player a fool, because he and another were rushing in to meet an enemy head on, but before they reached their enemy, a spell caster in the group cast grease on the floor. To see the look on Luke's face was priceless. Skip Williams played an Amazon cleric of Artemis that wielded a bow, and he seemed to enjoy the flavor of it all. I killed only one PC in that game, and he died early after rushing in headlong to meet a band of powerful enemies while the rest stood 100 yard away. He got crushed to pulp (like -24 hp) in a few rounds. AS&SH editor, David Prata also played. We were short on pre-gens due to an overbooking of players, but David was a true pro, using the Kimmerian barbarian pre-gen as found in the appendix of the hardback. It was a fun session, and yes, I do think it has the potential to be a fun published adventure, perhaps in 2019. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/13/2018 9:46 pm  #27

Did Luke and Skip appreciate getting to play with a celebrity?

3/13/2018 9:53 pm  #28

Ghul wrote:

It was a fun session, and yes, I do think it has the potential to be a fun published adventure, perhaps in 2019. 

Thank you for the game report and I'd love to see more published Hyperborea adventures (even though we have a Kickstarter around the corner).

3/14/2018 2:43 am  #29

Sounds like a killer game!  Will be on the lookout for The Ice Sphinx.

3/14/2018 5:50 am  #30

Congrats man

Has anyone seen one? Has anyone seen one in a hundred years??

3/14/2018 7:00 am  #31

Congratz Brother ! !
It's great that your (finally) being recognized by your peers in the Celebrity level of gaming!!!

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

3/15/2018 6:36 pm  #32

Ghul wrote:

The Saturday night celebrity went well, too. Yes, Luke played, which was great, because I'd wanted to play an RPG with him for years. Running him through some Hyperborea was an honor and a pleasure. He very much enjoyed it. He played a female Viking runegraver. He called a fellow player a fool, because he and another were rushing in to meet an enemy head on, but before they reached their enemy, a spell caster in the group cast grease on the floor. To see the look on Luke's face was priceless. Skip Williams played an Amazon cleric of Artemis that wielded a bow, and he seemed to enjoy the flavor of it all. I killed only one PC in that game, and he died early after rushing in headlong to meet a band of powerful enemies while the rest stood 100 yard away. He got crushed to pulp (like -24 hp) in a few rounds. AS&SH editor, David Prata also played. We were short on pre-gens due to an overbooking of players, but David was a true pro, using the Kimmerian barbarian pre-gen as found in the appendix of the hardback. It was a fun session, and yes, I do think it has the potential to be a fun published adventure, perhaps in 2019. 

I’ll add two notes about playing this game with Luke. First, the man is a pro. Obviously he’s spoiled, having grown up gaming with the original Dungeon Master. Still, never having played AS&SH​­™ before, Luke took the Viking runegraver—a subclass with no direct parallel in another game system—and immediately savvied the smartest use of her runes, as if he’d played the character from 1st level. ​Second, after the game, Luke described it on Facebook as, “... a fine system that is reminiscent of gaming with my Dad in its style.” 

3/16/2018 9:33 am  #33

DMPrata wrote:

Ghul wrote:

I’ll add two notes about playing this game with Luke. First, the man is a pro. Obviously he’s spoiled, having grown up gaming with the original Dungeon Master. Still, never having played AS&SH​­™ before, Luke took the Viking runegraver—a subclass with no direct parallel in another game system—and immediately savvied the smartest use of her runes, as if he’d played the character from 1st level. ​Second, after the game, Luke described it on Facebook as, “... a fine system that is reminiscent of gaming with my Dad in its style.” 

That quote is so cool, and I agree David, that Luke was a great guy, and he took to the Runegraver very nicely. You failed to mention the most important part though.... He bought beers for the room, not just the players!  Such a fun con!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.