Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2018 1:51 am  #401

Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome fellow gamer dad! Oh man, you are in for a treat with that book, and the community around this game that is growing by the day.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

2/08/2018 8:37 am  #402

Kradonus wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Just ordered the book after doing some research and cant wait to get it! Missed the kick starter due to life (small children) but want to get back into role playing.  Played 1rs and 2nd ed back in the day.  I am in a black hole of gaming it seems so Ill either have to form my own group or find something on line.

Hi Kradonus and welcome to the forums! It's a great game, a great setting and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with it. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

2/08/2018 9:20 am  #403

Kradonus wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Just ordered the book after doing some research and cant wait to get it! Missed the kick starter due to life (small children) but want to get back into role playing.  Played 1rs and 2nd ed back in the day.  I am in a black hole of gaming it seems so Ill either have to form my own group or find something on line. 

Welcome to Hyperborea, Kradonus!
Check out The Tavern board here to see if there's anyone near you: http://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=23
And there's an AS&SH G+ Community where you could possibly find folks looking to play over Hangouts.

2/08/2018 12:08 pm  #404

Welcome Kradonus!!
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
& Magazine Filling in the gaps for old school gamers. 

2/08/2018 12:23 pm  #405

Welcome!

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

2/09/2018 11:34 am  #406

Hi All,
My name is Bob, Or Sausage as my close longtime friends call me. I'm 50 years old and have been playing since I was around 9 (41, years, Started with Original and within a year moved on to D&D Basic). I played with all my friends that I grew up with, finally getting with Jeff in our teens. I've played many different systems, even working on some combat systems that I eventually dumped due to complexity (think Rolemaster and double it).
I ran some Call of Cthulhu, introducing Jeff to it, and clearly, it made an impression LOL. I joined back up with Jeff and the group for a couple years, towards the end of the playtesting and writing for Gary G.(RIP). When I heard Jeff came out with his own system, I was very happy, After reading it through found that it was what I have looked for in a system. Adding in the fact that the world was only "mostly" developed, gave me the ability to make some of my own areas, places that players would "discover". I've created a Module that I'm running at TotalCon 32 called Raiders!!! and hope some of you coming to the con will come play with me.
I love the latest Edition, it's a great piece of work, Congratz Jeff...

Bob

Last edited by BlackKnight (2/09/2018 11:35 am)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Tabletop games for 40+ years...

2/09/2018 11:56 am  #407

BlackKnight wrote:

Hi All,
My name is Bob, Or Sausage as my close longtime friends call me. I'm 50 years old and have been playing since I was around 9 (41, years, Started with Original and within a year moved on to D&D Basic). I played with all my friends that I grew up with, finally getting with Jeff in our teens. I've played many different systems, even working on some combat systems that I eventually dumped due to complexity (think Rolemaster and double it).
I ran some Call of Cthulhu, introducing Jeff to it, and clearly, it made an impression LOL. I joined back up with Jeff and the group for a couple years, towards the end of the playtesting and writing for Gary G.(RIP). When I heard Jeff came out with his own system, I was very happy, After reading it through found that it was what I have looked for in a system. Adding in the fact that the world was only "mostly" developed, gave me the ability to make some of my own areas, places that players would "discover". I've created a Module that I'm running at TotalCon 32 called Raiders!!! and hope some of you coming to the con will come play with me.
I love the latest Edition, it's a great piece of work, Congratz Jeff...

Bob

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/09/2018 12:06 pm  #408

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

2/09/2018 12:14 pm  #409

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

Wait is this Bob the pict? Played in my Hyperborean game at Gary Con?

Morgan

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

2/09/2018 12:48 pm  #410

mabon5127 wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

Wait is this Bob the pict? Played in my Hyperborean game at Gary Con?

Morgan

Unfortunately I've never been to GaryCon... so that would be a no. My wife would litterally cut my stuff off if I told her, "Hey Honey I wanted to take an extended weekend and travel to play Roleplaying games". She would NOT understand...

Only been to Local (New england) Cons and games...

Last edited by BlackKnight (2/09/2018 12:49 pm)

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage

2/09/2018 4:11 pm  #411

We called him Bobby Sausage, because when we would game back in the 80s he used to order a large sausage pizza and eat the whole thing all by himself -- washed down with a 2-liter bottle of Jolt Cola, of course. The good old days! It's true, Bob introduced me to the Call of Cthulhu RPG back in the day, and even though we played it briefly before going back to AD&D, it piqued my interest and got me into HPL. Welcome aboard, Sausage! ;)

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

2/10/2018 11:25 am  #412

Welcome Bob! How is it playing with el Jefe for all these years? :D
Well met sir!
--Ron--

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
& Magazine Filling in the gaps for old school gamers. 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.