!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2014 9:44 pm  #1

The 10 Most Brutal Moments in "The Savage Sword of Conan"

This was a welcome diversion from doing my taxes tonight. It really lightened my mood!

http://comicsalliance.com/conan-comic/

Enjoy!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/11/2014 7:53 pm  #2

Re: The 10 Most Brutal Moments in "The Savage Sword of Conan"

Just now got a chance to read these - they're great! I can't wait to collect all these old issues and read them again.

My favorites from this list are probably #9 Women and Horses and #2 How to Make Friends. You know it's about to get ugly when a guy spits in Conan's face. I mean, really... that's about as smart as trying to swallow a live hand grenade.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

3/12/2014 2:46 pm  #3

Those were great and really made me want to get back to Savage Sword, which I have not read for several years. I'm pretty sure Conan has a coin purse labeled like Sam Jackson's wallet as seen in Pulp Fiction.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

4/23/2014 8:22 am  #4

I picked up a few volumes of the omindus editions from Dark Horse and highly recommmend them. Though a slightly smaller format than the originals, the art has not been altered or cut off in any way (just shrunk a bit). These come in around 500+ pages each and can be picked up for about $10 on Amazon. That's what the FBI calls Grand Theft.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

8/15/2014 3:02 pm  #5

I only saw this now. And it's awesome.

I even know most of the scenes from reading the stories, but this does a great job of highlighting all the awesomeness. ^^

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.