LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2019 10:08 pm  #1621


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

4

Wolves roll a 1. You guys win.
 


 
 

3/11/2019 9:57 am  #1622


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

3


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

3/11/2019 9:59 am  #1623


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral drops the flaming sphere several steps out the door, between them and the wolves. He hopes to scatter them without casualties

“Begone! I don’t want to fight you, but this ruin is ours until we can get rid of the curse. Go!”

 

3/11/2019 10:10 am  #1624


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Fire Arrow
Roll 15 plus bonuses
Dam 4
 


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

3/11/2019 12:14 pm  #1625


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral casts Flaming Sphere. The massive ball of fire ignites and beings to spin in the courtyard.
But as Malak aims to fire, he notices a small instant pulse  of light from a thick leather collar around the neck of the alpha wolf.
And instantaneously the sphere of flame fizzles out before it can even get turning!


 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/11/2019 12:15 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/11/2019 3:35 pm  #1626


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Did I hit the alpha?


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

3/11/2019 4:32 pm  #1627


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral casts Flaming Sphere. The massive ball of fire ignites and beings to spin in the courtyard.
But as Malak aims to fire, he notices a small instant pulse  of light from a thick leather collar around the neck of the alpha wolf.
And instantaneously the sphere of flame fizzles out before it can even get turning!


 

“Huh. Well that happened,” Emral mused.

Next action, if we don’t get swarmed, is ducking to grab his pack and then bolt to the door at the far end of the room.

 

3/11/2019 9:27 pm  #1628


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

Did I hit the alpha?

Yes, arrow #23 sticks out of the beast's shoulder.

 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/11/2019 9:27 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/11/2019 9:36 pm  #1629


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Time seems to stop as the wolves wait to see what the alpha wolf decides to do about the arrow.

The rancid wolf bends its head toward the bolt, its snarl widening as long drools of mange fall the ground.

Then it turns back, locking a penetrating stare at the warlock - before it pounces with 19. Its powerful jaw locking onto the warrior mage's arm for 6 hp of damage!


end of round 1.
state intentions and roll int for round 2.


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/12/2019 10:39 am  #1630


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Init 4
I switch to the magical dagger and strike.
Attack 15 (plus modifiers)
Damage
Roll 2 (plus modifiers and effects of dagger)


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

3/12/2019 1:16 pm  #1631


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

Init 4
I switch to the magical dagger and strike.
Attack 15 (plus modifiers)
Damage
Roll 2 (plus modifiers and effects of dagger)

Okay, noted, but need better details.
1. Are you focusing on alpha or the rest of the pack pouring into the room?
2. Are you throwing the magical dagger? Or lunging?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/12/2019 1:16 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/12/2019 1:22 pm  #1632


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Intentions: to break free of the wolf, and run to the door. Initially I was going to stab, but I rolled it and it was low. I’m hoping that it’s possible to change it to tearing free of the beast’s jaws instead? 😬


D6: 6
D20: 5

 

3/12/2019 1:29 pm  #1633


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Init 4
I switch to the magical dagger and strike.
Attack 15 (plus modifiers)
Damage
Roll 2 (plus modifiers and effects of dagger)

Okay, noted, but need better details.
1. Are you focusing on alpha or the rest of the pack pouring into the room?
2. Are you throwing the magical dagger? Or lunging?

I attack the wolf that holds the Warlock.


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

3/12/2019 1:37 pm  #1634


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Intentions: to break free of the wolf, and run to the door. Initially I was going to stab, but I rolled it and it was low. I’m hoping that it’s possible to change it to tearing free of the beast’s jaws instead? 😬


D6: 6
D20: 5

Ha! that's why intentions are 1st, int. is 2nd, and attack/saves are 3rd! 
I had you down for bolting to door, but the intention was too early, as now the wolf has your arm. You'll need to break free, and need to draw a weapon as you were casting last, when wolf attacked, so I'll give you the draw and stab.
5 is a miss!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/12/2019 1:46 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/12/2019 1:40 pm  #1635


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Init 4
I switch to the magical dagger and strike.
Attack 15 (plus modifiers)
Damage
Roll 2 (plus modifiers and effects of dagger)

Okay, noted, but need better details.
1. Are you focusing on alpha or the rest of the pack pouring into the room?
2. Are you throwing the magical dagger? Or lunging?

I attack the wolf that holds the Warlock.

Malak buries the hilt of the magic dagger into the alpha wolf's hide, but growls but its jaws of death remain clamped on the poor warlock's casting/attacking arm!


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/12/2019 1:43 pm  #1636


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Two additional wolves manage to enter as the rest of the pack crowds the doorway.
One moves on Emral, but is kicked aside by his better.
The other bites Malak for 1 hp of damage!

End of round 2.
intentions. int. for round 3 please


 
     Thread Starter
 

3/12/2019 1:59 pm  #1637


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I stab the wolf that attacked me (Same Dagger)
Init 5
Roll 15 (plus bonuses)
Damage 3
Are these considered large or medium creatures?


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

3/12/2019 3:44 pm  #1638


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral is going to grab the alpha by the collar with his other hand and hopefully be able to use it for leverage to pull his other hand free. If it’s a good enough roll, perhaps the collar will be pulled off?

D6:2
D20:12 plus modifiers?

 

3/12/2019 7:53 pm  #1639


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

New art on Instagram, can’t link right now.

 

3/12/2019 8:22 pm  #1640


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Malak stabs the new wolf with the bloody magic dagger, penetrating its skull. The feral beast slumps dead to the floor, knocking over the small bowl and scattering the sticks.

Emral gets a good hold on the alpha's collar and yanks, but it stays put, as does the alpha's LOCKJAW!

Three more wolves join the fray, each jockeying for an attack position - but only one manages a nip at Malak:
17! Thankfully it's only a graze for 1 hp of damage!

End of round 3.
intentions/int for round 4....


 


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.