!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2019 5:09 pm  #1601

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

quick character portraits for us but via Star Wars?  I think so!

The scene: https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwcJKvFyuM/

The rogues in question:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BuwcuemlELk/

HAHAHA! That's great!

3/08/2019 7:42 pm  #1602

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral will push himself to get the next body's backpack off, then he'll slip down carefully and have a rest.

"We need a minute, that's for sure. Then you try. So far no animated bodies. Plus the ones we've met haven't been subtle. These guys were here after the fire, probably treasure hunters who got killed by that glyph spell's storm."

Emral wrestles the upper body's backpack free and lowers it and himself down to the floor with no problems, then sits down and says the above.

3/08/2019 11:01 pm  #1603

Emral searches the backpack.

3/08/2019 11:13 pm  #1604

The contents are 1 week iron rations, full wineskin, winter blanket, bandages, small sack, tinderbox, torches x3, thieves’ tools, fishing hooks x12, 100’ fishing string, quart of glue, soft leather pouch holding 3 glass vials filled with clear liquid, and a small leather-boundbook tied closed with a thin string.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/08/2019 11:14 pm)

3/09/2019 1:31 am  #1605

Looks at the book!

And the potions!

3/09/2019 9:49 am  #1606

Emral unties the thin string and opens the small book.

The title page reads A Manual for Quickness.
There is a list of chapters the first of which is entitled The Fundamentals of Coordination.

3/09/2019 12:00 pm  #1607

I search the room for trapdoors leading down looking on the northern end of the room first.
Roll 3

3/09/2019 12:51 pm  #1608

Ooc: 18 is the highest ability score this system allows, right? And does Malak have that in dexterity already? I would happily boost him so he can do better archery, but I believe he’s at the cap.  If so, Emral is interested in not sucking at climbing from now on.

3/09/2019 3:49 pm  #1609

achiriaco wrote:

I search the room for trapdoors leading down looking on the northern end of the room first.
Roll 3

While Emral contemplates the book, Malak sets to searching the room's north.
The burned out doorway is flanked on the left by the singed mattress, and the crack on the side where he found the scroll and the ripped up scroll....nothing on the right side of the door.
After a turn searching the walls and floor he comes up emptyhanded.

3/09/2019 3:50 pm  #1610

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc: 18 is the highest ability score this system allows, right? And does Malak have that in dexterity already? I would happily boost him so he can do better archery, but I believe he’s at the cap. If so, Emral is interested in not sucking at climbing from now on.

[Malak has a 16 DEX at present.]

3/10/2019 1:38 am  #1611

achiriaco wrote:

Roll 3

“Hey Malak! I think it’s a magical book that will increase your agility and aim. If you want it, pause what you’re doing now and read it. I’m eating some rations and getting over this cold I got from the rat bite, or the rusty daggers, or that stupid unmarked cursed scroll. I’m tempted to read it myself, given my revolting attempts at climbing just now, but I’m sure you’ll make more frequent use. If you want it?”

3/10/2019 12:28 pm  #1612

As Emral holds out the book, the hairs on the nape of his neck stand erect.
There's dark movement out in the courtyard and the rank scent of musk wafts into the room. 

3/10/2019 1:51 pm  #1613

Emral puts the book and potions down, and puts his emotions into the fire inside his mind, burning away all thoughts to leave only strategy. He draws his sword and stands in one motion, turning to the doorway to meet the newcomer.

“If you come in peace, speak. If you come to fight, you will join the others who have fallen to my power since coming to this cursed ruin. Who are you?”

3/10/2019 2:10 pm  #1614

I grab the book and store it for later reading.
I notch an arrow in my bow, ready for an answer.

3/10/2019 2:33 pm  #1615

More than a dozen wolves fill the courtyard, the closest of which steps into the doorway and turns at the sound of Emral's voice. It snarls its snout, revealing sharp teeth and a raw mangy sickness inside its rancid mouth.

[godalmighty roll a d6 please.]

3/10/2019 5:50 pm  #1616

Iron Ranger wrote:

More than a dozen wolves fill the courtyard, the closest of which steps into the doorway and turns at the sound of Emral's voice. It snarls its snout, revealing sharp teeth and a raw mangy sickness inside its rancid mouth.

[godalmighty roll a d6 please.]

Emral has another flaming sphere for today and yes he is dumping it into the courtyard and keeping it up until the wolves are gone. Given that wolves should fear fire, he expects them to flee right away.

3/10/2019 6:16 pm  #1617

Start round 1:
Wolves roll a 1

both parties are surprised.

Emral has stated intention. Assuming Malak will fire arrow #7.

{roll d6 for int.]

3/10/2019 7:06 pm  #1618

Iron Ranger wrote:

Start round 1:
Wolves roll a 1

{roll d6 for int.]

I’m not surprised: as soon as I rolled a 2 I knew the wolves would roll a 1. Because that’s how proper RPG dice roll, am I right?

3/10/2019 8:58 pm  #1619

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Start round 1:
Wolves roll a 1

{roll d6 for int.]

I’m not surprised: as soon as I rolled a 2 I knew the wolves would roll a 1. Because that’s how proper RPG dice roll, am I right?

Well, I've always believed the dice tell the story.
But what''s your initiative roll, cuz these beasts are growlin'!

3/10/2019 9:50 pm  #1620

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.