!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2019 4:11 pm  #1541

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I'm not doing a good job of describing this.

There is a single thick rope coming down from the roof somewhere through the broken out hole in the roof.
Along the rope are 2 bodies. They are secured to the rope at their waists. They are about 5 ft apart along the rope which ends around the waist of the body hanging at 6 ft. in the air, by the waist, arms and legs hanging freely at about 4 ft. off the ground.
There is a sword and a bow and spilt arrows on the floor beneath the bodies.

Better sense?

3/02/2019 4:57 pm  #1542

Are the arrows in condition to use?

3/02/2019 9:27 pm  #1543

All 16 look in  excellent shape from Malak's position outside the door, closer inspection may be necessary.

3/03/2019 1:44 am  #1544

What kind of sword is it?

Emral also looks at the books. He’s very interested in general, but spell books would be nice. Also any clues about what the rooms owner was up to.

The bodies:  after sleeping I realize that the reasonable answer was that they were linked by the rope and then they fell and then died. Possibly part of the same group as were on the roof. Maybe adventurers, given the use of rope and the weapons.

“We should climb up and see the bodies on the roof, then cut them down to lay them to rest. I’m guessing adventurers, maybe whoever was melting the gold. Then maybe they fled to the roof to escape undead, or the frost spell?”

Emral will check the sword, then the nearest body’s pockets and items; then look at the books and the room (so I can map it); then we can climb up and see the roof.

Sound good?

3/03/2019 9:04 pm  #1545

If he is doing all that he says he is... It sounds like he would have to enter the room. I will follow if that is the case and grab the arrows.

3/03/2019 9:12 pm  #1546

achiriaco wrote:

If he is doing all that he says he is... It sounds like he would have to enter the room. I will follow if that is the case and grab the arrows.

He entered the room a few minutes ago to check the bodies, you were covering him with your bow and arrow #7.

3/03/2019 9:15 pm  #1547

But yes, let's try to just cover one action at a time.

Emral, The sword seems normal in make, a decent smelt of steel. It doesn't look like it sustained damage when it fell to the floor.
Malak, you gather  the 16 arrows, but notice that 1 of the head was damaged.

3/03/2019 9:20 pm  #1548

Looking around the room, you notice a door centered on the east wall.
The stacked books along the walls are mostly burned.
The mattress still smolders from the burning hands. There is a small metal bowl at its foot and several sticks of incense.

3/03/2019 9:25 pm  #1549

After I gather up the arrows I am going to check the bodies for coin and possessions.

3/03/2019 9:42 pm  #1550

The man's trousers have no pockets, but you manage to wrench his leather backpack off.
Inside you find:  1 week iron rations, full wineskin, winter blanket, bandages, small sack empty, tinderbox, torches x3, pry bar,  thieves’ tools,  soft leather pouch containing  ceramic marbles x20,  a block of beeswax, 100’ spool of wire, 1 gp,  2 sp.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (3/03/2019 9:43 pm)

3/03/2019 9:43 pm  #1551

The second body is too high to reach.

3/04/2019 9:51 am  #1552

It was flaming sphere outside the door, not burning hands.

Were the books all near the door? Or along the entire wall?

Emral unsheathes the sword and takes a swing or two, comparing it to his sword and experience. Better or same?

“Too bad about the metal door bolts in this place, or we could get through without all this destruction.” He sighs in regret.

3/04/2019 9:54 am  #1553

Noted.

No, you can see books are stacked against south, and east walls.

The sword is not nearly as balanced as your own, crafted by amateurs to your own smiths.

3/04/2019 11:27 am  #1554

I've updated the map somewhat with new details. I left some things we've destroyed in case you ever, I dunno, decide to publish this scenario and need a map...

Link to my instagram!  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul80CkllJZ/

3/04/2019 10:40 pm  #1555

fireinthedust wrote:

I've updated the map somewhat with new details. I left some things we've destroyed in case you ever, I dunno, decide to publish this scenario and need a map...

Link to my instagram!  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bul80CkllJZ/

Looks fantastic!

3/05/2019 11:43 am  #1556

Are the books all along all the walls?  Should I add more?

Emral tests the rope the bodies are tied to, and considers if he could climb up this way to the bodies on the roof.  
"Malak, you think you could climb up the rope to the bodies on the roof? You're more spry than I."

3/05/2019 4:29 pm  #1557

The rope is taut and holds tight against Emral's tugging.

3/05/2019 6:10 pm  #1558

Post the map here. Not a link please.

3/05/2019 6:11 pm  #1559

I take the backpack w contents

3/05/2019 6:15 pm  #1560

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.