!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2019 5:43 pm  #1241

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Looking into the room, tiny flames lap at the dying embers in the fireplace. 

1/29/2019 5:49 pm  #1242

I warm myself and breath the fresh cold air.

1/29/2019 6:17 pm  #1243

The flames are too small to warm you, so you throw a few pieces of broken pew on and wait.

1/29/2019 6:17 pm  #1244

Emral enters behind you and notices the faint glow of rising Helios out the small broken out windows overhead. You are both exhausted – but only mere moments away from 2.5 hours of the dim and sick daylight of Nightfall.

1/29/2019 8:42 pm  #1245

Lets utilize this sunlight

1/29/2019 10:07 pm  #1246

achiriaco wrote:

Lets utilize this sunlight

Fatigue will take its toll, naturally.

1/29/2019 10:46 pm  #1247

"We need to rest before heading into a new area.  Flaming Sphere is gone, and I'd rather recover before we do much more.  Plus I'm not convinced we found everything downstairs. The domed room is too random to be the end of the line, it doesn't make sense they'd just build it for no reason and have nothing inside as storage.  Ditto the children trapped below, if the nails were scratched into the door.  Something about it all doesn't smell right.  Plus who builds a wine cellar that locks you in without a way to open it?  I mean, look at the thing!  Can you see why it closed on us when we went down?"

1/30/2019 10:11 am  #1248

I examine the door for a mechanism

1/30/2019 10:33 am  #1249

The door is trashed, burned almost to nothing. The left side clearly has two metal shafts, one in the top and one in the bottom, that allowed the door to swing open without the need of a hinge. There is no bolting mechanism and it appears that the door was slightly oversized and wedged against the uneven stonework to stay closed. There is a ridge of stone jamb of the doorway that was clearly not allowing the door to open each time Malak and Emral put their feet against it and pushed with all their might. Further, you discover no spring that would have closed the door automatically behind you, so that mystery might not ever be solved.

1/30/2019 12:30 pm  #1250

ooc: having issues uploading the mask for the basement.  (shrugs)

Emral checks the kitchen and the temple area, then adds more wood to the fire, and goes to rest and prepare more spells, eat rations, etc.

1/30/2019 1:09 pm  #1251

Emral goes into the chapel. Through the burnt out ceiling rafters he sees the blue green mists of the long night evaporating in the feebly warmth of rising Helios. The light is sick and Helios is dying. He wonders how long this existence will continue.

There are fresh tracks from some small woodland creature in the light dust of snow that covers the floor leading up to the bodies collected near the harp, and to the lumps of the dead rats on the pulpit...

Satisfied there is no threat, he retreats to the kitchen and settles himself near the now kicked up fire. Within seconds he grows much too warm and moves to the far corner near the door and without meaning to so suddenly, is overwhelmed by fatigue.

1/30/2019 4:04 pm  #1252

I eat too.

1/30/2019 4:10 pm  #1253

Emral fell asleep before he could eat.

Malak chews on a crust of his hard, stale bread, watching as the light outside fully blooms. What a waste to sleep our only two hours of daylight away, he thinks. 

He casts a sour look at his partner. Emral sleeps deeply, and despite his heavy sweating, shivers uncontrollably . In this light of day, the warlock's skin looks now as tallow, his closed eyes sunken and red.

1/30/2019 4:24 pm  #1254

I clutch my lucky rabbits foot. Lightly rubbing it over my recent wound.

1/30/2019 4:27 pm  #1255

ooc:  (sigh). 

IC:  zzzzzzzz.

ooc:  off topic, but either of you guys read that draft I posted?  I'm trying to think of glaring issues or gaping holes in what RPGs need for a core book to feel complete. (shrug)  It's weirding me out. My group is fairly newbie intensive and using 5e with the main GM, and my games are therefore hard to schedule.  I don't know how my book looks to other people, as I'm me and other people are not, and "they" are who I want to pitch this to, or use as a portfolio piece for pitching adventures to other systems like AS&SH.

1/30/2019 4:41 pm  #1256

achiriaco wrote:

I clutch my lucky rabbits foot. Lightly rubbing it over my recent wound.

Nothing happens.

1/30/2019 4:42 pm  #1257

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  (sigh). 

IC:  zzzzzzzz.

ooc:  off topic, but either of you guys read that draft I posted?  I'm trying to think of glaring issues or gaping holes in what RPGs need for a core book to feel complete. (shrug)  It's weirding me out. My group is fairly newbie intensive and using 5e with the main GM, and my games are therefore hard to schedule.  I don't know how my book looks to other people, as I'm me and other people are not, and "they" are who I want to pitch this to, or use as a portfolio piece for pitching adventures to other systems like AS&SH.

Took a quick look, haven't had time to dig into the details yet, but looks good.

1/31/2019 7:06 am  #1258

Cool. I’m going to go over everything and then put it in a layout in indesign.

1/31/2019 10:29 am  #1259

Back to the game.
What happens?

1/31/2019 11:12 am  #1260

After an amount of time I am going to wake up Emril

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.