!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2019 7:58 pm  #1201

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1/26/2019 8:03 pm  #1202

It eats at Malak's mind, but he cannot remember.

1/27/2019 8:47 am  #1203

Emral thinks that it’s either the corpse reanimated or it’s the boiling bottles popping.

1/27/2019 12:28 pm  #1204

Which one does it sound like?

“I hope that acolyte isn’t reanimating, after I put those coins on his eyes according to their cultural expectations. Otherwise we’re going to have to behead every body we come across, and that’s annoying. Also gross. Also sad, what with mutilation of a corpse being frowned upon most places.”

1/27/2019 7:20 pm  #1205

Open the door!

1/27/2019 10:18 pm  #1206

From down here it sounded like a cork popping out and the bottle falling in the back row.
But it's dark way back there so you can't be totally sure.

1/27/2019 10:50 pm  #1207

Emril!!!! Get us outta here!!!!!

1/28/2019 9:27 am  #1208

“You’re the door guy, I’m the smashing things guy. Use the daggers to pry the door open, I don’t want to waste my spells on a hunch.”

1/28/2019 11:53 am  #1209

Smash it open. I tried to open it with no luck

1/28/2019 12:21 pm  #1210

"Okay, but first I want to see if it's the bottles or an undead," Emral has two hands on his sword as he moves forward.  "Carry the light while I check this out."

He goes to the end of the room, assuming the corpse is reanimated. He tries to get a look through the last rack before he gets there, to see if the body or the bottles are the cause of the noise.

1/28/2019 12:54 pm  #1211

I am right behind you with the lantern

1/28/2019 2:24 pm  #1212

Emral moves slowly toward the back row. A shiver crawls up his spine as he strains to hear again other than the soft share crunch of glass underneath their boots.
When the light from the lantern shines onto the last rack, the shadows fall across the back wall, revealing no standing object behind.
Reassured but still cautious, Emral peers around the rack.
The charred half skeleton bones remain where they fell under the flaming sphere. A sigh of relief.
The half melted and misshapen green bottles next to his head emit an almost imperceptible hiss, the boiling earlier now subsided to a foaming. 
Emral's knowledge of the arcane convinces him that the contents of the green bottles have reacted to the heat of his flaming sphere.

1/28/2019 2:45 pm  #1213

Blow the door down!!!!

1/28/2019 2:46 pm  #1214

Emral checks the body of the acolyte, still on high alert, to make sure that it’s still inanimate.

If it’s all clear, he continues with the dagger lever from before, and failing that stands back and blows his second flaming sphere on the wooden door, hopefully incinerating the flammable wood. He maintains the spell as long as possible.

1/28/2019 4:20 pm  #1215

The body of the priest is through the 2x2x5 ' tunnel inside the dome space. That will leave Malak in the dark out here. 

1/28/2019 4:47 pm  #1216

It’s not in the last row, on the floor, with two coins on the eyes? If the door to the tunnel is closed, fine. Flaming sphere and then let’s get out of here!

1/28/2019 4:50 pm  #1217

I'm confused. Need a map

1/28/2019 4:51 pm  #1218

fireinthedust wrote:

It’s not in the last row, on the floor, with two coins on the eyes? If the door to the tunnel is closed, fine. Flaming sphere and then let’s get out of here!

no, you never dragged it out to the cellar.

this from way back the last time you thought the same thing:The body is back in the dome. You brought the ring and the lantern out to show Malak, and he is using the light to search for more secrets in this cellar.  

1/28/2019 4:53 pm  #1219

Did he get the door open?

1/28/2019 4:55 pm  #1220

-------
                                  /          \
                                  \          /
                                       | |
                                       | |
---------------------------------S-----
|                                              |
|          ------------------------------|
--        -------------------------------
   |     stairs ->              |

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.