!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2019 12:37 pm  #1141

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Fire?  He puts on the ring!

The small band easily slips onto the warlock's finger and almost instantly a prickling of warmed blood begins creeping through the veins of his hand, pulsing evermore toward his heart...

1/24/2019 12:40 pm  #1142

fireinthedust wrote:

Also:  Here's my Instagram with the most recent map attempt.  let me know if I can fix anything. Until we've cleared this area, I'm leaving lots of it red.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BtBkE2BhNf0/

Ah! you had it right the first time: kitchen is only 10x20

1/24/2019 1:09 pm  #1143

I forgot to just do four. Drat.

1/24/2019 1:10 pm  #1144

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Fire?  He puts on the ring!

The small band easily slips onto the warlock's finger and almost instantly a prickling of warmed blood begins creeping through the veins of his hand, pulsing evermore toward his heart...

Emral doesn’t feel pain? I’m guessing a ring of warmth.

1/24/2019 1:29 pm  #1145

As the coursing abates, Emral is left feeling no effect of the harsh freezing air against his skin, and is transported emotionally to the warmth of his long dead mother's bosom.

[Ring of Warmness. Worth 1000 XP. Let me know if you split that award with Malak or keep the ring hidden from his knowledge.]

1/24/2019 1:35 pm  #1146

I yell down to Emril if he is alright and if he found a passage?

1/24/2019 2:22 pm  #1147

ooc:  splitting the xp for this and the previous thing I found, but I'm keeping the ring. 

Emral shows the ring, and brings the lantern to a useful position. for the two of them.

"It's a ring of warmth. Whoever this was, he didn't die of cold but starvation. He didn't like the priestess, and seems to blame her for the children's reanimation. I hope he's wrong, of course, because the plague seems to have been from another source than her - but I'm keeping my mind open on this one until we know. Men hating women spellcasters because they're women works with my experience better, but there's always a chance they were right this one time. He says his 'candle' was going out, but I don't know if that means literally. Maybe it's something apollo or helios worshippers talk about? If he was any kind of pyromancer he would have been able to incinerate them one by one. Anyway, no sign of exits from the room there. Maybe it was a secret stash, or an oubliette?"

ooc:  looking online, Blackmaw was meant to be a khopesh or war-sickle. If it's not more damage, can we just use the same stats?

1/24/2019 2:27 pm  #1148

I continue searching the room where I left off. If completed, lets get out of here.

1/24/2019 3:07 pm  #1149

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc:  splitting the xp for this and the previous thing I found, but I'm keeping the ring. 

Emral shows the ring, and brings the lantern to a useful position. for the two of them.

"It's a ring of warmth. Whoever this was, he didn't die of cold but starvation. He didn't like the priestess, and seems to blame her for the children's reanimation. I hope he's wrong, of course, because the plague seems to have been from another source than her - but I'm keeping my mind open on this one until we know. Men hating women spellcasters because they're women works with my experience better, but there's always a chance they were right this one time. He says his 'candle' was going out, but I don't know if that means literally. Maybe it's something apollo or helios worshippers talk about? If he was any kind of pyromancer he would have been able to incinerate them one by one. Anyway, no sign of exits from the room there. Maybe it was a secret stash, or an oubliette?"

ooc:  looking online, Blackmaw was meant to be a khopesh or war-sickle. If it's not more damage, can we just use the same stats?

I think you mean the skeletons you killed (96 XP) so 1096 = 548 XP each.

You may think of Blackmaw as you wish, but I'm trying to stay by the 1E book here - the damage is for the WC is indeed the same (d6), so I'll just refer to it as a sh. scimitar on this character sheet.
I've got you down for Old Norse & Hellenic(Hyperborean Dialect) - you have one more coming...

1/24/2019 3:08 pm  #1150

achiriaco wrote:

I continue searching the room where I left off. If completed, lets get out of here.

Will take Malak another 4 turns,
Emral do you want to do anything else to pass the time?

1/24/2019 5:11 pm  #1151

Has the body been searched through? When done, lays it down by the wall and puts two coins on eyes. Then assist malak by holding the lantern.

1/24/2019 5:13 pm  #1152

The body is back in the dome. You brought the ring and the lantern out to show Malak, and he is using the light to search for more secrets in this cellar.

1/24/2019 5:48 pm  #1153

Searching....

1/24/2019 5:49 pm  #1154

achiriaco wrote:

Searching....

You don't find anything at the right end of row 3.

1/24/2019 9:33 pm  #1155

Emral helps check every row in order.

1/24/2019 10:09 pm  #1156

Emral isn't quite as talented in the secret door department, so I assume you are looking at the broken glass in the last row - 4 first. More broken green glass here on the floor than the other rows.

1/25/2019 7:00 am  #1157

Iron Ranger wrote:

Emral isn't quite as talented in the secret door department, so I assume you are looking at the broken glass in the last row - 4 first. More broken green glass here on the floor than the other rows.

I’m guessing that it’s from the flaming sphere spell?

I was meaning that Emral helps Malak with each row.

1/25/2019 8:48 am  #1158

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

I’m guessing that it’s from the flaming sphere spell?

I was meaning that Emral helps Malak with each row.

No, you'll recall all that glass was on the floor before you cast your spell.

Ok, I'll move you up to where he is now in row 2, where he does not find any secret doors. The row is too tight for you to get to the wall where he is, but once he comes out you can go in and look behind him.

1/25/2019 11:07 am  #1159

Keep searching

1/25/2019 11:55 am  #1160

Emral lets Malak search for doors. Instead he opens one of the green bottles near the last rack, where the broken glass was.  He takes a sniff (wafting safely) and tries to identify the contents.

Board footera