!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2019 12:34 pm  #881

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Intentions for Round 3 so far

Huntsman will try to free and reload his crossbow. His int. is 6.
Emral will try to disarm the crossbow. His int. is 4.

1/07/2019 1:23 pm  #882

Sounds good from my end of things.  Do we succeed?

1/07/2019 1:31 pm  #883

fireinthedust wrote:

Sounds good from my end of things.  Do we succeed?

Hang on, gotta see what Malak is going to do....

1/07/2019 4:03 pm  #884

2 Attacks
3/2
Init 5
2 Arrows
ATT #1 18
Dam 7
Att #2 14
Dam 6

1/07/2019 4:24 pm  #885

The Huntsman ignores the spray of blood pumping in an arc from the gash in his neck and struggles with his ensnared crossbow. He's losing a lot of blood and off balance, spills his bolts across the floor.

Emral manages to grab the crossbow with his hand, giving the huntsman even more resistance!

Malak fires 2 arrows off in quick succession - it's short range so no deduction there. But  both shots at a –2 for firing into melee.

The first arrow punctures the huntsman's chest cavity and he collapses on cue, so as the second arrow flies needlessly into the wooden doors at the front of the church!

1/07/2019 5:01 pm  #886

"Emril, Lets overpower him!!!"
Tackle him to the ground,
INIT 5

1/07/2019 7:17 pm  #887

Emral grabs the huntsman by the collar and pulls him down to the floor.

“I don’t want you to die. Stop fighting and I will try to close your wounds. But you have to stop!”

D20+1: 10

1/07/2019 7:24 pm  #888

The Huntsman stares blankly into Emral's eyes, his lifeforce waning -
Blood in a freefall from the hole in his neck and a river of blood from behind the arrow in his heart.

1/07/2019 8:41 pm  #889

Ooc: since Emral was looking into his eyes as he died, does that mean his soul has to serve him in the afterlife like from the movie Firestarter?

Emral puts him on the ground, closes his eyelids... and then goes through his stuff looking for healing potions!!!

Ooc: because screw this guy! Also he’s religious, and in RPGs that might mean healing magic. Not a cleric or paladin, so potions or scrolls.

What is his gear?

1/07/2019 8:43 pm  #890

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc: since Emral was looking into his eyes as he died, does that mean his soul has to serve him in the afterlife like from the movie Firestarter?

Emral puts him on the ground, closes his eyelids... and then goes through his stuff looking for healing potions!!!

Ooc: because screw this guy! Also he’s religious, and in RPGs that might mean healing magic. Not a cleric or paladin, so potions or scrolls.

What is his gear?

The Huntsman is not dead.
"It matters not, that I have not avenged my people. By Apollo, Your b**** WILL demise." he croaks, coughing up blood.

1/08/2019 8:05 am  #891

“We’re here to reclaim the treasure for the cleric, and the body of the orphan Olo. We’re not part of any demon cults, which I TOLD you before you shot me! Now, where are your healing potions? And don’t waste my time.”

Emral has his hands on the wounds for pressure to stop the bleeding, but he’s looking at the mans things for a potion pouch or other medication.

1/08/2019 10:54 am  #892

I will hold the wound while Emril searches

1/08/2019 11:00 am  #893

ooc: so we save him, check his stuff, get some answers. Plus he can get us out through the wilds alive, and get us some food so we don't starve. 
Off-topic: I still want to try the rabbit's foot on Olo, as bringing the kid back alive would be fantastic; I'm thinking down the line Iron Ranger can have a high level cleric or something named Olo. If it doesn't happen, that's fine; just if we figure it out or it comes up during the adventure.

IC:

"Tell us, Huntsman, why are you here? We've been fighting cursed undead and mutant beasts for days, and we've been trapped here since the winter storms and darkness fell. The only conversation was with monsters, and then while we fought for our lives. Why would you come here, and why would you think we were with a witch cult? There's enough rumour of treasure that we could have been the mercenary treasure-hunters we happen to be; albeit on a quest from a goodly cleric. Why assume us to be witches?"

1/08/2019 11:48 am  #894

The Huntsman struggles to speak between gasps for air. He gives no resistance as Malak holds his wounds and Emral lifts him slightly to feel through his belongings.

"This is a grievous mistake made betwixt us, for as Apollo takes my hand the truth becomes known to me... As will to you, in time.... After all strange perils of my long return, a pair of simpleton's arrows fall me....Forgive me sons and daughters of Shankshill... I am failed...."

The pulsing of blood under your hands ceases.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/08/2019 11:50 am)

1/08/2019 12:29 pm  #895

Wipe the blood from my hands on his clothing

1/08/2019 12:29 pm  #896

“For goodness sake...” Emral grunts.

He goes through the belongings of the fallen for things that could be of use.

1/08/2019 12:38 pm  #897

Emral unloads the backpack, finding a winter blanket,
rations
waterskin 1/2 full
bandages
tinderbox
hooded lantern empty
flask of lamp oil full
50' hemp rope
100' sinew cord
hunting horn
a piece of old, worn, folded up parchment

1/08/2019 12:39 pm  #898

Malak, wiping the blood from his hands, notices a large knife wedged in the man's belt

1/08/2019 3:01 pm  #899

I examine the knife
I also retrieve my daggers and try to retrieve the arrows I fired.
And retrieve arrows I fired at the rats, etc.
Please tell me how many I recover (if any)

Last edited by achiriaco (1/08/2019 3:06 pm)

1/08/2019 3:05 pm  #900

Rat arrows are bent.
Wasted Arrow in the wall is shattered. 
Arrow through the neck looks okay across the room, will need closer examination.
Arrow in heart will undoubtedly break on extraction.
Your daggers are within reach.

His knife is bulky, twice as fat as normal knife, but it is pinched under the Hunstman's body and left arm.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.