!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/03/2019 9:31 am  #841

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I thought we were rolling competing rolls and I was waiting on him to roll his rolls.

Emral ignores Malak, starts taking boards off the walls. He goes at the corners: one ash, one oak, to see if there's a difference from either side.

1/03/2019 10:01 am  #842

I'll be more clear in the future regarding character rolls.

Emral pries a few of the crude nails loose from the ash board connected oak board on the wall to the right? of the shelf and the bowed ash boards nearer the center bend and groan from the pressure from behind...

1/03/2019 11:01 am  #843

Emral peers behind the ash board, ready to spring back and up the ladder in case of a trap or cave in!

1/03/2019 11:11 am  #844

Emral removes the ash board. 
The weight of the dense clay beyond presses against the loosened wall, bowing the wall in another foot. Loose earth crumbles into the space with you.

1/03/2019 12:46 pm  #845

“Quick! Grab the treasure and our things and let’s go back up.”

Emral does this, treasure and malak, and when they are all up and safe he looks back down.

“Probably just the one hole, but if we’re going to be 100% I feel like we should see if the loose earth is hiding a tunnel. Pull off or break more boards and then see if the soil is hiding something.”

Ooc:  does Malak keep dancing? Is he legitimately cursed?  Emral is worried for his comrade.

1/03/2019 1:49 pm  #846

Good idea. What do you each grab?

On the bottom shelf are 2 large sacks, filled with coins.
On the middle shelf are 4 silver chalices (featherweight, but somewhat bulky to grasp), 6 scroll cases, and an egg shaped metal cylinder.
The sheet of pure platinum leans against the shelf, extremely heavy and 18x24 wide.

1/03/2019 1:51 pm  #847

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc: does Malak keep dancing? Is he legitimately cursed? Emral is worried for his comrade.

Malak was apparently giving you a horse and pony show, for was soon as you made a move to possess Olo's foot, his distracted self delights abated...

1/03/2019 2:25 pm  #848

Tossing up the chalices and other light objects. Then a bag of coins if possible.

Can he put a board in place to brace the wall? Like how in Star Wars Luke put a pipe to slow the trash compactor?

1/03/2019 2:50 pm  #849

Chalices go flying! Scroll cases alley-oop! Egg shaped cylinder soars!

Platinum sheet - no freaking way. Sack of coins is at least 60 pounds! Nope!

Emral rushes to the pulled ash and braces the 10 foot board at waist level across the room. The board bends toward the floor from the pressure.

1/03/2019 2:58 pm  #850

Right. Up the ladder he goes. Can’t dig them out if he’s buried alive.

1/03/2019 3:00 pm  #851

Emral hauls ass up the ladder - Malak a fading memory!

1/03/2019 4:09 pm  #852

“Malak! Hurry up! Give me your hand!”

1/04/2019 12:00 am  #853

"Leave your minion down below, Witch!" bellows a deep baritone.
"Peel back your wicked hood and let me know that you knew he who quieted your soul!"

1/04/2019 10:18 am  #854

“?” Emral pulls back his hood and turns to the newcomer.

“We’re adventurers, not witches, friend. Sent by the village priest to look into the village of Shankshill. Who might you be, in this cursed place?”

1/04/2019 1:28 pm  #855

Malak comes out with the sacks of gold

1/04/2019 5:16 pm  #856

achiriaco wrote:

Malak nervously looks at the creaking bent board of ash holding the wall from collapsing and hoists ONE of the 60plus pound bag off the shelf. As he steps onto the rickety wooden ladder, the first rung snaps in half under his heavy added weight!

He realizes he will not be able to carry those laden sacks of coins up that flimsy ladder!

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/04/2019 5:19 pm)

1/04/2019 5:31 pm  #857

fireinthedust wrote:

“We’re adventurers, not witches, friend. Sent by the village priest to look into the village of Shankshill. Who might you be, in this cursed place?”

Emral sees a husky bearded Huntsman stands at the front of the pews, his heavy Crossbow trained on him. "Hold your words, spawn of Evil. Your charming tongue is forked with arcane malice - I smell it. Though not the Witch herself you be, I can see plain from your Flamed Eyes you are in league. Remember this face in the Abyss of the dead!"

Emral hears the slight metal clicks as the Huntsman squeezes the Tickler, which releases the Spring Clip and the Roller Nut!

1/04/2019 6:23 pm  #858

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Malak nervously looks at the creaking bent board of ash holding the wall from collapsing and hoists ONE of the 60plus pound bag off the shelf. As he steps onto the rickety wooden ladder, the first rung snaps in half under his heavy added weight!

He realizes he will not be able to carry those laden sacks of coins up that flimsy ladder!

I will be back for you! One way or another!
I spring out of the hole.
To stand beside Emril

1/04/2019 6:25 pm  #859

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral sees a husky bearded Huntsman stands at the front of the pews, his heavy Crossbow trained on him. "Hold your words, spawn of Evil. Your charming tongue is forked with arcane malice - I smell it. Though not the Witch herself you be, I can see plain from your Flamed Eyes you are in league. Remember this face in the Abyss of the dead!"

I throw 2 daggers
INIT: 5
ATT: 18
DAM: 4
ATT: 16
DAM 3

Then I pull out my bow if needed
Emral hears the slight metal clicks as the Huntsman squeezes the Tickler, which releases the Spring Clip and the Roller Nut!

1/04/2019 6:40 pm  #860

Malak will spring out next round with these dagger throws!

INIT: 5
ATT: 18
DAM: 4
ATT: 16
DAM 3

Last edited by Iron Ranger (1/04/2019 6:42 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.