!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/25/2024 11:11 am  #7301

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"The light is mostly permanent, though I must stay near, and if so, it would stay lit for my lifetime, and therefore I could walk many miles away from the centre of its magic and still return with it still active!"

9/25/2024 1:01 pm  #7302

[ If the fire is contained by the hearth and if no danger of spreading then let it smolder, if the food is done we will remove the kettle before we leave.

The party will take reasonable precautions before they leave.

Is the kitchen area observable from the stairs or just two of us go and two stand guard?]

9/25/2024 6:41 pm  #7303

[ Are there any other PC's other than Votin that are familiar with the sliding portal in the basement?
Should we investigate that after the stairs? ]

9/26/2024 5:18 am  #7304

[Narrhil does not know it, I did read that Votin and Tillak came through it

The bell tower is at rear, the window from kitchen are high up on the wall, so at angle one should see the bell tower? I think we should go as a group. If things go wrong, there is still the other building to hide in].

9/26/2024 8:52 am  #7305

[ agreed! ]

9/26/2024 10:14 am  #7306

[Nod, and awaits our comrades]

9/26/2024 12:11 pm  #7307

"If all are ready let's go..."

Votin in the lead he makes his way towards the stairs.

9/26/2024 2:37 pm  #7308

Votin returns to the kitchen and lifts the kettle from the fire, leaving the flames alive.
He looks up to the high broken out windows and sees through the falling snowfall, the rickety stair tower, and at its top -- a large oxidized bell.

He then returns to the party waiting in the chapel.

He goes to the broken front doors.
[Does he unfasten the pews?]

9/26/2024 3:48 pm  #7309

Tillak follows.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

9/26/2024 4:13 pm  #7310

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak follows.

Tillak holds a lit torch in one hand and his war pick in the other.

9/26/2024 4:46 pm  #7311

Iron Ranger
He goes to the broken front doors.
[Does he unfasten the pews? wrote:

Votin checks the door and listens for any sign of trouble, if all clear he unfastens the pews.

9/26/2024 4:47 pm  #7312

[ Why do I always feel like there's a trap about to be sprung... ]

9/26/2024 5:49 pm  #7313

Narrhil is close by, one hand on the wand of freezing, and his horseman's pick in the other. He scan as much as he can see in the glowing magical light. The magical light that itself shimmers in an ice blue glow; the outer perimeter seem to cracking in a minor static lightning storm; erupting around the edge of the sphere in its own personal dance; a raging frenzy. The power of Yikkorth; 'The Ashen Worm,' soured through Narrhil's veins and had melded with his spell...    

9/27/2024 10:27 am  #7314

Votin hears nothing and reaches through the crackling minor static lightning storm at the edge of Narrhil's magical light and unties the binding rope of the stacked pews.

9/27/2024 3:41 pm  #7315

Keét walks in wiping his hands. "Phew. That fire was stubborn but I got it out. I'll make sure these stairs are safe."

[OOC: Having trouble with the pacing. Keet rolled a 1 for Manipulate Traps to check to see if the stairs are safe to climb.]

It is immortality of a sort.

9/27/2024 5:15 pm  #7316

Having put out the stew fire, Keet joins the group in the chapel in time to watch Votin carefully untie the pews at the broken front doors.

[There are no stairs here.]
[The game pace is far, far slower than it seems, we have not made it to the rickety stairs yet. I like to go super slow, to make sure that everybody gets to do what they need to do(or things happen that need to happen) at every step along the way.]

9/27/2024 6:39 pm  #7317

[Gotcha. Maybe it’s the number of posts that I need to get used to. I just randomly checked real quick and didn’t receive an email for the post you made ]

9/27/2024 6:41 pm  #7318

[Yeah, same happens to me, I go on and Votin and Narrhil have burned through a whole page! LOL! I don't wait for notifications anymore, there's multi posts every day.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (9/27/2024 6:42 pm)

9/28/2024 10:11 am  #7319

[lol! ]

9/28/2024 3:21 pm  #7320

[I'm so used to get notifications from over on Mythweavers for my pbps that I just forget if I don't get them. So once again I apologize for the slowness.]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.