!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2024 4:34 pm  #7041

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[I thought Keét picked the torch back up that he threw in the room.]

It is immortality of a sort.

7/27/2024 5:44 pm  #7042

Tillak comes back up the steps once Keet shows up.
Everyone is back in the kitchen.

7/27/2024 7:08 pm  #7043

"It is sometimes recognised as the humour of Xathoqqua; to enter into the minds of man and create confusion, so he can bemuse himself," Narrhil attempt to explain a theory that has no true foundation, yet everyone believes...

7/28/2024 8:49 am  #7044

Caveman wrote:

"It is sometimes recognised as the humour of Xathoqqua; to enter into the minds of man and create confusion, so he can bemuse himself," Narrhil attempt to explain a theory that has no true foundation, yet everyone believes...

"Ythaqqa will guide me through that. He has guided me through chaos before," Tillak says, but he is not quite sure, thinking of all the chaos and uncertainty that has befell him since taking the thrice-damned priest's filth lucre.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

7/28/2024 9:05 am  #7045

The woods wolf howls again and hunger pangs grip the group.

7/28/2024 9:40 am  #7046

Narrhil nods in sincere agreement with Tillak, but is distracted by the wolf. "I hope they do not intend to attack..., we are not really for them!" He groans inwardly...

7/28/2024 11:46 am  #7047

eakratz wrote:

[I thought Keét picked the torch back up that he threw in the room.]

I dont recall that, I do have Votin backtracking for it.

7/28/2024 11:47 am  #7048

Keet wishes to lead down the dark steps with either Narrhil's or Votin's torch. Or does get his own from Tillak?

7/28/2024 12:47 pm  #7049

Either of those options is fine by me.

7/28/2024 12:47 pm  #7050

[Only two torches are lit, I would prefer only one to be honest]

7/28/2024 12:54 pm  #7051

eakratz wrote:

Either of those options is fine by me.

Wait for one of them to offer his , or just snatch one? 
Or light a third?

7/28/2024 12:55 pm  #7052

Caveman wrote:

[Only two torches are lit, I would prefer only one to be honest]

Narrhil's has been burning a while.
Votin's is brand new.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/28/2024 2:36 pm)

7/28/2024 6:23 pm  #7053

Votin hands his torch to Keet, then as the last keeps a lookout for danger from the rear.

7/28/2024 7:08 pm  #7054

Keet leads into tight stairwell. Followed by Tillak, Narrhill with light, then Votin. 
Below the find the cellar as they left it.
One large wolf carcass is splayed in the walk way. Several empty glass bottles on the floor. Many glass bottles on the 4 shelves. The remnants of a campfire.
The cold persists.
The room is quite smaller than they recall, and now Narrhil wonders where to lay out his goods.

7/29/2024 8:21 am  #7055

The memories flood back for Votin...the passageway and the fight with the tiny skeletons.

7/29/2024 9:10 am  #7056

"There is the small back room, remember where we camped Sir Votin, it is where you disappeared!"

[Tillak and Narrhil had camped at the base of the stairs and dismantled one of the shelving units for firewood. He probably go into far room, spread the items out on his winter blanket. Ring from Kéet also and any other items folks offer. He then will place the magical items together, then wander through chambers to upstairs and to the altar].

"Please if one of the warriors could make sure the hidden chamber is empty? I will be there to assist, also!" He asks.

7/29/2024 9:21 am  #7057

Caveman wrote:

"There is the small back room, remember where we camped Sir Votin, it is where you disappeared!"

[Tillak and Narrhil had camped at the base of the stairs and dismantled one of the shelving units for firewood. He probably go into far room, spread the items out on his winter blanket. Ring from Kéet also and any other items folks offer. He then will place the magical items together, then wander through chambers to upstairs and to the altar].

"Please if one of the warriors could make sure the hidden chamber is empty? I will be there to assist, also!" He asks.

Narrhil will place items out on his blanket inside the domed hidden chamber behind the shelves once checked for solitude or right away?
[FYI The altar upstairs was burned for firewood previously.]

7/29/2024 11:37 am  #7058

[He wait till area is secured by the warriors. Well, will scan the region, might find something?]

7/30/2024 9:28 pm  #7059

"I need someone with a torch to accompany me while I search these rooms."

7/31/2024 6:49 am  #7060

Kéet nods Votin and says “Sure I can go.”

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.