!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2024 8:53 am  #6621

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

5/19/2024 4:07 pm  #6622

Tillak is next to Keet.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/20/2024 7:11 am  #6623

Once TIllak settles down between Keet and Votin, soon they are asleep. Narrhil sits back against the wall wondering why Votin and Tillak left the door wide open. Thankfully his ring keeps him from feeling the frigid air seeping into the room. While he decides whether he should get up and close it, he ponders...

The ice blade wrapped in rag is visible near Tillak's relaxed hand. He can just see the small violet glow.

The speaking wolf, what could cause a wolf to learn the common tongue, and why did the wand not work, and why did he leave it out in the dirt!

What sorcery removed and returned the barbarian, and what cost to his body was the unknown journey.

His worries swirl as the steady tink of the ice subsides. He realizes his watch is likely complete. The ice shower is ceased. The courtyard is filled with the ice blades. He pats his spellbook through his pack and yawns.

5/20/2024 10:25 am  #6624

Iron Ranger wrote:

Once TIllak settles down between Keet and Votin, soon they are asleep. Narrhil sits back against the wall wondering why Votin and Tillak left the door wide open.

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin gets comfortable as best he can to try and rest.

"Wake me up when necessary for watch...is the door bolted and secured?"

5/20/2024 10:28 am  #6625

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Once TIllak settles down between Keet and Votin, soon they are asleep. Narrhil sits back against the wall wondering why Votin and Tillak left the door wide open.

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin gets comfortable as best he can to try and rest.

"Wake me up when necessary for watch...is the door bolted and secured?"

Tillak very distracted by the wrapped ice shard...

5/20/2024 11:23 am  #6626

Narrhil drop what he thought was a wand that had lost its magical power. He had drawn his pick, while gripping the torch in defence against the talking wolf. He had planned to retrieve the wand but the shower of ice had cause him to leave it.

He wakens Tillak and says, "the ice shards have stopped, guard me Master Tillak as I go and retrieve my wand and pull the wolf into this building, if I can."

[OOC: Is it easy to manoeuvre through the ice blades, if not, he does not plan to go. He looks outside (was door still open?) and looks for danger. I presume the graveyard must be well lit].

5/20/2024 11:47 am  #6627

Iron Ranger wrote:

Tillak very distracted by the wrapped ice shard...

[So much for situational nearness awareness...ice shards away!...he could wake up Votin]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/20/2024 12:21 pm)

5/20/2024 12:00 pm  #6628

Yes, Tillak did not close door before he bedded down, but it being open gave Narrhil a very clear view of what was happening outside. The shards are everywhere, there is no clear path to the wand or the wolf. The cemetery will undoubtedly be pitch black, it is NIGHTFALL, YEAR 13. Helios doesnt break the horizon.

5/20/2024 12:40 pm  #6629

Iron Ranger wrote:

The ice blade wrapped in rag is visible near Tillak's relaxed hand. He can just see the small violet glow.

[So, glow not powerful enough to light cemetery even though the ice daggers covers the land around us?]

5/20/2024 12:44 pm  #6630

No the glow is very faint within the tip, most of the shards are tips-in the snowdusting.

5/20/2024 5:45 pm  #6631

[Okay]

5/20/2024 5:46 pm  #6632

[Ach, so I presume we had more light, what do you want to do about the torches?]

5/20/2024 5:59 pm  #6633

Caveman wrote:

[Ach, so I presume we had more light, what do you want to do about the torches?]

The 5th torch burned out on your watch. There are 4 more. Narrhil is in the dark.
The moons are behind clouds so the night is pretty dark outside.
You have awoken Tillak. The others still sleep.

5/20/2024 7:33 pm  #6634

[Sorry still not getting email updates. Keét can take last watch. He was prepared to die in that cave so just being somewhere else is overwhelming. When he wakes he can try to lend his arcane knowledge to the current question of the icicle?]

It is immortality of a sort.

5/21/2024 4:51 am  #6635

[Tillak is a ding-dong for leaving the door open.]
When Tillak is awakened from his slumber, he looks out the door, if it is open, and sees if the strange storm has subsided. He then examines the "ice blade" again.
"Brother Narrhil, what do you make of this? It is not ice. Look, I still hold it in my hand. It should be melted by now." 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/21/2024 7:34 am  #6636

Narrhil examines the shard. As a cryomancer he hopes he can learn more from the object...

[OOC: Do I need to make a roll?]

5/21/2024 8:32 am  #6637

The shard has been wrapped in Votin's cumbersome rag, does Narrhil discard this?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (5/21/2024 8:33 am)

5/21/2024 11:13 am  #6638

He hold it in the rag and looks at trying to get an idea how cold it is. He peels opens the rag; so he can see it. Then he holds his other hand (right) close to it; till it is an inch away, trying to feel its temperature

5/23/2024 12:20 pm  #6639

Caveman wrote:

He hold it in the rag and looks at trying to get an idea how cold it is. He peels opens the rag; so he can see it. Then he holds his other hand (right) close to it; till it is an inch away, trying to feel its temperature

The shard is not cold through the rag.
In the torchless dark, he can only see the extremely dim pea shape violet dot within the shard tip.
His opposite hand only one inch away feels no radiating coolness from the shard.

5/23/2024 1:29 pm  #6640

He takes the shard in both his hand, dropping the rag, "great Ashen Worm, give me the wisdom to know what this gift is, that comes from your frozen bosom!"

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.