!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/09/2024 2:56 pm  #6541

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[OMG I've gotten none of these updates. I'm sitting here, thinking, I better check that thread. I haven't heard anything in a while. I'll try and catch up here. I haven't read it all yet.}

It is immortality of a sort.

5/09/2024 3:03 pm  #6542

Keét will help Narhil search through the room and get a fire started while the others haul in the wolf.

5/09/2024 3:27 pm  #6543

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil starts searching the burnt books, those of little importance he stack in the centre of the room, considering making a campfire. He will search for rubble to make a perimeter for the fire, and any loose wood from any broken furniture to burn.

[Was the mattress part of a bed, is there any wood from its frame?

Concerning books, does some hold spells, lore or anything else interesting.]

The books are burned, but the pages hold religious leanings in poetry or verse, nothing that seems magical to his eye.
There is no loose wood or rubble to be found, there is only an overturned bowl near the mattress.
The mattress looks like poorly stuffed burlap laying on the stone floor.

5/09/2024 3:29 pm  #6544

Votin does't seem to be hauling, for he knows that the axe fell against the carcass only.

5/09/2024 3:30 pm  #6545

eakratz wrote:

[OMG I've gotten none of these updates. I'm sitting here, thinking, I better check that thread. I haven't heard anything in a while. I'll try and catch up here. I haven't read it all yet.}

[I've made that notice in the forum troubleshooting section before, glad to know somebody else has the issue.]

5/09/2024 3:33 pm  #6546

eakratz wrote:

Keét will help Narhil search through the room and get a fire started while the others haul in the wolf.

Narrill is slow to actually search, more concerned with the contents of the disheveled books.
[Anything particular Keet searches or does he simply start a fire of the books inside the room ?]

5/10/2024 4:37 am  #6547

[We can wait until the "storm" abates.]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/10/2024 5:56 am  #6548

[Keep throwing till he gets it or destroys my axe? ]

5/10/2024 9:09 am  #6549

[OOC: Last 2 days were terrible combination of heavy thunderstorms, massive amount of lightning strikes and overhead tornadoes...kind of like Gilligan's Island...No phone ,no lights, no motor car, not a single luxury like Robinson Crusoe it's primitive as can be.]

5/10/2024 9:13 am  #6550

[OOC: try again?]

5/10/2024 3:39 pm  #6551

Sorry to hear that you're going through that, Yeti.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/10/2024 4:57 pm  #6552

SullyB74 wrote:

Sorry to hear that you're going through that, Yeti.

[OOC: Best part...we get a week of dry weather then a week of rain]

Votin contemplates a second try.

5/10/2024 6:13 pm  #6553

The terrible combination of the heavy icefall, and thundering storm outside cause Narrhil to turn from his study of the damaged books. He watched Votin try again to hook the dead wolf.

[Sounds like a Hell, I add to story as it is perfect for what is happening outs side in the church.]

5/10/2024 7:26 pm  #6554

Votin throws the axe a second time...

To Hit
[1d20+1]=19+1=20

DEX
[1d6]=6

5/10/2024 7:50 pm  #6555

Not wanting to burn the books, Kèet will instead ask. “Does anyone have a shield? Probably could use it to block the ice while running out to grab the wolf.”

5/11/2024 1:53 am  #6556

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

To Hit
[1d20+1]=19+1=20

DEX
[1d6]=6

VOTIN hauls the line back and re-tosses the axe. Again his aim is true and the axe lands atop the carcass for a second time.

5/11/2024 4:43 am  #6557

eakratz wrote:

Not wanting to burn the books, Kèet will instead ask. “Does anyone have a shield? Probably could use it to block the ice while running out to grab the wolf.”

[Tillak has a shield, he doesn't think that it will give cover to he and Votin both. Furthermore, both are in bad shape right now and the damage that they may take from the storm could be fatal.]

5/11/2024 4:51 am  #6558

"Third time lucky!" Smirks Narrhil.

5/11/2024 9:22 am  #6559

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

To Hit
[1d20+1]=19+1=20

DEX
[1d6]=6

VOTIN hauls the line back and re-tosses the axe. Again his aim is true and the axe lands atop the carcass for a second time.

Votin gives the rope a tug to see if the carcass can be pulled in.

5/11/2024 11:11 am  #6560

"Forth the charm!"

Board footera