!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/07/2024 1:50 am  #6521

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin looks for some other form of cover to supplement the mattress...

"Whatever we use, two should go out with the rope and get close enough to tie it to a limb the other half of the party help drag the carcass in while one supports the cover...if all are in agreement or a better plan is offered."

Votin finds spilled piles of burned books around the walls of the room, a worn mattress in the far corner next to an overturned bowl.

5/07/2024 1:58 am  #6522

Caveman wrote:

[Can we have a brief hp count, Narrhil is at 2, out of 4. He very apprehensive going outside with the ice storm still happening. He is considering studying his spellbook and hopefully healing.]

[I usually play loose with the hit points, preferring that other players only know what they can deduce, Votin seems fine...Narrhil is throwing up bile...Malak is doing pushups out back... - so that characters are less inclined to change battle decisions concerning what's happening sometimes behind their backs.  But since the group is in a full sit rep at the moment:
NARRHIL 2 of 4
KEET GOOCH 4 of 6
TILLAK 5 of 14
VOTIN 6 of 26]

5/07/2024 2:06 am  #6523

SullyB74 wrote:

[@Iron Ranger Were all of our supplies lost in our transition from captives to free men? I had 50' of rope. Perhaps we could use one of Narhil's picks?]

The repacking was hurried but  - minus the food  - you found most of your stuff. [TILLAK roll d100]

I count 4 torches left after this one burns out.

5/07/2024 2:15 am  #6524

[Also the private messages function of site dumped all my old messages so I'm missing original equipment lists for TILLAK and NARRHIL. Can I get those again if you've still got them?]

5/07/2024 4:30 am  #6525

d100=43!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/07/2024 10:34 am  #6526

[Eh, what, mi last pick! Eh, got a hand axe, that good for throwing and perhaps hooking. Talking it through helps. ]

Gear: Winter robes, loincloth, belt, trews, boots, cloak, fur hat (silver fox), pick (horseman’s): x2 (one given to Votin), dagger, hand axe, bandages, gauze (10-ft. ball), backpack, winter blanket, sinew cord 100 ft., drinking horn (stoppered), fishing hook: x12, fishing string (100 ft.), tinderbox, torch: x4 (I must have use some, but you have total torches for group, sorted), 40 ft. hemp rope, iron pry bar.

Ring of Warmness**, Loot: 80gp; 5sp; 4cp.

Last edited by Caveman (5/07/2024 10:37 am)

5/07/2024 12:09 pm  #6527

[OOC: Start looking for a paddle 'cause we're going up the creek!]

5/07/2024 1:35 pm  #6528

Narrhil gives Votin his hand axe after the rope has been attached.

[Votin will be better at throwing.]

5/07/2024 4:35 pm  #6529

Votin takes the axe and check it's balance.

"As soon as the door opens I'll throw the axe and hope we can haul the wolf carcass in.

Be ready to help.

And keep a sharp lookout for any threats!

Hopefully the bad weather will keep them away."

5/07/2024 6:24 pm  #6530

[OOC:Are we getting ahead of ourselves or does someone have a different plan?]

5/08/2024 2:06 am  #6531

SullyB74 wrote:

d100=43!

TILLAK has his rope.

5/08/2024 2:11 am  #6532

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin takes the axe and check it's balance.

"As soon as the door opens I'll throw the axe and hope we can haul the wolf carcass in.

Be ready to help.

And keep a sharp lookout for any threats!

Hopefully the bad weather will keep them away."

VOTIN ties a knot in the rope and slides it down the axe handle to the blade.
[When he is ready, roll a test of dex and a to hit roll (missile bonus if any applied)]

5/08/2024 4:05 am  #6533

[Well, this might be the best course. Anyone else have any ideas?].

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/08/2024 5:08 am  #6534

[This is fines for me, food and then start fire, with shelter and the storm keep our foes away, feels secure.]

5/08/2024 1:44 pm  #6535

5/08/2024 3:11 pm  #6536

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Dex
[1d20]=14
To Hit
[1d20+1]=17+1=18

[a plain test of DEx is on a d6]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (5/08/2024 3:11 pm)

5/08/2024 3:36 pm  #6537

5/09/2024 1:32 am  #6538

Votin heaves the axe out into the dark. It flies through the torrent of ice shards, landing with a thud upon the carcass of the slain wolf.

5/09/2024 4:16 am  #6539

Narrhil starts searching the burnt books, those of little importance he stack in the centre of the room, considering making a campfire. He will search for rubble to make a perimeter for the fire, and any loose wood from any broken furniture to burn.

[Was the mattress part of a bed, is there any wood from its frame?

Concerning books, does some hold spells, lore or anything else interesting.]

5/09/2024 5:35 am  #6540

Tillak will help Votin pull the wolf in towards the party's shelter. "Look like meat's back on the menu, boys!"
[Sorry, I couldn't help it. ]

Board footera