!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/04/2024 5:35 pm  #6501

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

"Are we expecting another attack?...Should we prepare?"

"The wolves are dead. I think that there may be a denizen of this building who is bent on our doom, though." 

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/04/2024 9:37 pm  #6502

SullyB74 wrote:

"The wolves are dead. I think that there may be a denizen of this building who is bent on our doom, though." 

"Aye...let us be on our guard then."

5/04/2024 10:03 pm  #6503

“Ok good. I’m Kèet. And wolf meat sounds delicious right now. At least this time it’ll be cooked instead of pre-chewed.

It is immortality of a sort.

5/05/2024 5:14 am  #6504

Narrhil nods graciously as Votin takes the pick, "you sound like to have walked through another realm for many years, yet you were gone only a few days at most (Narrhil has lost track of time, while they were captured)."

He open the door a few inches to look out. 

[Has the fallen ice stopped?]

Last edited by Caveman (5/05/2024 5:15 am)

5/05/2024 7:58 am  #6505

"Well met the both of you!

I am glad to back on my own world even though the situation is dire...

The spirits grant us boons at times, although we may not recognize it as such...raw or cooked.

Please refresh me on what may be of use to us where we are now."

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/05/2024 7:59 am)

5/05/2024 8:01 am  #6506

[OOC: Votin is still a barbarian, I don't know why he seems to talk like some sort of spiritual advisor]

5/05/2024 8:53 am  #6507

"You are still in the church Sir Votin, though we are around the back; in the graveyard!" States Narrhil. "We can get a fire going, and cook the meat but we usually cook our meat to kill any disease, but what is the kind of disease that exist in such a cold land?"

[Barbarians are closer to nature and wiser!]

5/05/2024 9:55 am  #6508

Caveman wrote:

"You are still in the church Sir Votin, though we are around the back; in the graveyard!" States Narrhil. "We can get a fire going, and cook the meat but we usually cook our meat to kill any disease, but what is the kind of disease that exist in such a cold land?"

[Barbarians are closer to nature and wiser!]

"Even as a child we were taught to cook raw meat,my grandmother, "Bless her spirit" always advised us to cook it because she said bad things in meat hibernate and the flame kills them."

5/05/2024 10:33 am  #6509

"Indeed, lets us prepare to grab the dead wolf and bring it inside," states Narrhil, "Beware any danger!"

The cryomancer readied by the door with the torch, "make ready to rush outside, and retrieve our prize!"

5/05/2024 12:52 pm  #6510

Tillak Readies his pick and shield and prepares to follow Votin Gooch, and Narrhil out to retrieve the wolf meat.

Last edited by SullyB74 (5/06/2024 4:48 am)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/05/2024 7:17 pm  #6511

Votin too hoists the pick missing the weight and balance of the now dull axe.

5/06/2024 2:04 am  #6512

NARRHIL pulls the door open. The icefall has increased, now a deadly sheet of falling daggers!
The dark shape of carcass can just be made out across the courtyard.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (5/06/2024 2:06 am)

5/06/2024 4:09 am  #6513

"Hold, it is even worse, by the Gods..." curses the cryomancer, "we would be killed if we go out there!"

"At least our enemies will also perish; if they walked in such a storm...!"

[Can we lasso it, I got 40 ft. of rope. How big is a fishing hook? a few inches?]

5/06/2024 8:19 am  #6514

"Is there something we can use as a cover?

A table or a fallen door perhaps?"

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/06/2024 11:18 am)

5/06/2024 9:03 am  #6515

Narrhil groans, "perhaps the mattress, but I not know how much it can endure?"

5/06/2024 11:22 am  #6516

Votin looks for some other form of cover to supplement the mattress...

"Whatever we use, two should go out with the rope and get close enough to tie it to a limb the other half of the party help drag the carcass in while one supports the cover...if all are in agreement or a better plan is offered."

5/06/2024 11:41 am  #6517

[Can we have a brief hp count, Narrhil is at 2, out of 4. He very apprehensive going outside with the ice storm still happening. He is considering studying his spellbook and hopefully healing.]

5/06/2024 11:45 am  #6518

"I guess none has a grapple hook?" asks Narrhil.

"Sir Votin, just a quick warning, there is zombies, half-men and a witch of some great power close by. I not sure were they are, plus there is a wolf-that-talks, who has vowed vengeance on us for killing his pack..., well, I presume it was his pack!"

5/06/2024 12:13 pm  #6519

Caveman wrote:

"I guess none has a grapple hook?" asks Narrhil.

"Sir Votin, just a quick warning, there is zombies, half-men and a witch of some great power close by. I not sure were they are, plus there is a wolf-that-talks, who has vowed vengeance on us for killing his pack..., well, I presume it was his pack!"

"Aye that changes things...anything we could use as a grapple?"

Votin scrounges around for something to use as a grapple or hook.

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/06/2024 1:33 pm)

5/06/2024 3:47 pm  #6520

[@Iron Ranger Were all of our supplies lost in our transition from captives to free men? I had 50' of rope. Perhaps we could use one of Narhil's picks?]

Board footera