!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2024 3:11 pm  #6481

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

eakratz wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[KEET GOOCH roll str test]

[2!]

KEET successfully drags TILLAK inside the door!

[missing KEET and TILLAK d20 rolls]

D20=13!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/02/2024 5:43 pm  #6482

Iron Ranger wrote:

eakratz wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[KEET GOOCH roll str test]

[2!]

What’s the roll for?

It is immortality of a sort.

5/02/2024 7:44 pm  #6483

eakratz wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

eakratz wrote:

[2!]

What’s the roll for?

It was your saving throw vs falling ice chunk! ouch!
[KEET GOOCH -1HP]

5/02/2024 8:18 pm  #6484

KEET tries to catch his breath as NARRHIL digs through TILLAKs pack.The bag was refilled quickly back in the beastman cave but he manages to find one last dusty bottle from the cellar and drains it into the warlock's mouth.

[TILLAK roll 2d4+2 !]

The dropped torch flickers next to them on the stone floor, the slight cold breeze still blowing in the open door. It illuminates the windowless room. Burned books are stacked neatly along the walls. A crude stuffed mattress is tucked into one corner and there is an overturned bowl nearby it.

[KEET GOOCH  +333 XP for defeating the stalking wolves.]
[NARRHIL  +333 XP for defeating the stalking wolves.]
[TILLAK   +333 XP for defeating the stalking wolves.]
[TILLAK  +200 XP for charging the wolves instead of barricading in the room.]
[KEET GOOCH  +200 XP for abandoning safety to rescue Tillak.]
[NARRHIL +200 XP for challenging the wolf with fire after wand was dropped.]

5/02/2024 8:43 pm  #6485

Iron Ranger wrote:

KEET tries to catch his breath as NARRHIL digs through TILLAKs pack.The bag was refilled quickly back in the beastman cave but he manages to find one last dusty bottle from the cellar and drains it into the warlock's mouth.

[TILLAK roll 2d4+2 !]

The dropped torch flickers next to them on the stone floor, the slight cold breeze still blowing in the open door. It illuminates the windowless room. Burned books are stacked neatly along the walls. A crude stuffed mattress is tucked into one corner and there is an overturned bowl nearby it.

[KEET GOOCH  +333 XP for defeating the stalking wolves.]
[NARRHIL  +333 XP for defeating the stalking wolves.]
[TILLAK   +333 XP for defeating the stalking wolves.]
[TILLAK  +200 XP for charging the wolves instead of barricading in the room.]
[KEET GOOCH  +200 XP for abandoning safety to rescue Tillak.]
[NARRHIL +200 XP for challenging the wolf with fire after wand was dropped.]

2D4+1:1+4+1=6!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

5/03/2024 7:34 am  #6486

Narrhil rises taking with him the torch to illuminate the room further, "was that a magical storm?" he asks those who can hear. 

If the door is still open, he throws his shoulder against it; to shut it.

He scans the room for danger and any useful equipment.

5/03/2024 8:11 am  #6487

Narrhil manages the door closed. The journey and the battle have taken a toll on them all, but Tillak is recovered. 
The room is windowless. burned books as in the chapel are neatly stacked against the walls. There is a mattress in the corner.

There is a slight vibration in the floor.

5/03/2024 12:18 pm  #6488

"We can start a fire with what is left of these books," states Narrhil.

He remembered the passing of the bright globe of purple light, the great sphere, had it returned? "We must barricade to door, that wolf spoke to me in a human voice, and threaten to return and destroy us!"

He looks to the roof, was it intact...

5/03/2024 2:39 pm  #6489

Caveman wrote:

"We can start a fire with what is left of these books," states Narrhil.

He remembered the passing of the bright globe of purple light, the great sphere, had it returned? "We must barricade to door, that wolf spoke to me in a human voice, and threaten to return and destroy us!"

He looks to the roof, was it intact...

This ceiling of this room is not burned away.
The vibration in the floor grows stronger.

5/03/2024 2:56 pm  #6490

Kéet breathes a sigh of relief, then "Wait they talked?" he exclaims. When he feels the vibration in the floor. He drops down and places an ear, trying to discern what it may be. 

[Rolled a 12. Needed to roll a 4 or less]

5/03/2024 4:09 pm  #6491

The vibration grows to shake the room. The stacked books fall to the floor as the sitting form of the great barbarian VOTIN vibrates into existence just as it vibrated away not many days ago in the cellar.

His matted beard and hair have grown to his waist. His frame is thin and smells of the sea. His studded leather warped and frayed. His battle axe dulled and rusted...

The room stills.

5/03/2024 5:15 pm  #6492

"Aye, it spoke, a were-creature, or magical spell cast on a human to change him to that of a wolf, I know not..."

Narrhil had fear that one of his new comrades would disappear... or even him, but for one to return. "Sir Votin, do you hear me?"

5/03/2024 6:59 pm  #6493

Caveman wrote:

"Aye, it spoke, a were-creature, or magical spell cast on a human to change him to that of a wolf, I know not..."

Narrhil had fear that one of his new comrades would disappear... or even him, but for one to return. "Sir Votin, do you hear me?"

Votin raises his heads and stares into the distance,

"Aye...a voice...a human voice...all I have heard lately is the murmur of the sea...not even a seagull's squawk.

Tell me how long have I been gone...seems like an eternity?"

Votin eyes wander over his gear and it's pitiful shape.

He tests the weight of his axe...

"A sharpening stone if there's one to be had. If I die I don't want the spirits to think me a laggard."

"Any scraps of food, I don't remember the last time I ate."

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/03/2024 8:04 pm)

5/03/2024 8:29 pm  #6494

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Caveman wrote:

"Aye...a voice...a human voice...all I have heard lately is the murmur of the sea...not even a seagull's squawk.

"A sharpening stone if there's one to be had. If I die I don't want the spirits to think me a laggard."

"Votin!" Tillak croaks. "Where have you been?" If Tillak has rations, then he gives them to Votin.

Last edited by SullyB74 (5/03/2024 8:47 pm)

5/03/2024 8:59 pm  #6495

Kéet jumps back in surprise.

"Holy drek what in Thaumagorga's spiked nuts is that?" he cries out, pointing at what appears to him an apparition. Then, when he sees Tillak's un-alarmed demeanor he calms down. "Uhm, are we friends with ghosts?"

5/03/2024 9:29 pm  #6496

SullyB74 wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Caveman wrote:

"Votin!" Tillak croaks. "Where have you been?" If Tillak has rations, then he gives them to Votin.

I feel like all the food has been consumed. I'll need to go back and doublecheck for that last ration. I recall Keet ate what his captors gave him...

5/04/2024 4:54 am  #6497

"It may only have been a few days, two at most. We were captured by the half-men and imprison in a cave. There we met Kéet and manage to escape and return to the church!" He indicates the Pict, and says, "Votin was one of our group, taken by an apparition; a globe of purple fire!"

He place a hand on the barbarian's shoulder. Though he had not known him long; the harsh land bring comrades together quickly. "You have return to us in good time; we need a strong arm like your's to fend off our enemies!"

"I have no sharping stone, perhaps one of these rocks amongst the rubble will help, but take this," the cryomancer offers Votin one of his horseman picks.

"There is a dead wolf outside. We build a fire and cook its meat...!"

[What food we had we eat before coming to church].

5/04/2024 10:33 am  #6498

Votin accepts the pick and tucks the axe away for quieter times.

"Many thanks, I was on some sort of hidden cove the temperature and light stayed consistent with nothing to eat but fish and little else for shelter or cooking.

There seemed to be someone else there and I could follow their tracks but never found anyone.

From the look of my gear it seemed I was there for a long stretch of time."

5/04/2024 10:34 am  #6499

"Are we expecting another attack?...Should we prepare?"

5/04/2024 5:25 pm  #6500

eakratz wrote:

Kéet jumps back in surprise.

"Holy drek what in Thaumagorga's spiked nuts is that?" he cries out, pointing at what appears to him an apparition. Then, when he sees Tillak's un-alarmed demeanor he calms down. "Uhm, are we friends with ghosts?"

"Votin is an old traveling companion. We met when he was attacked defending me and my brethren from a giant lizard. He is as brave a man as I have ever met. We need not fear him, I assure you."  

Board footera