!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2024 5:22 am  #6401

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Narrhil ties to assist Kéet with light, by thrust his arm into the entrance with the torch.

4/12/2024 5:26 am  #6402

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

1d12 = 7!

Tillak senses something behind him!

Tillak spins to face what ever is behind him, warpick at the ready! "Brothers! We are not alone!!"

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/12/2024 8:33 pm  #6403

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil ties to assist Kéet with light, by thrust his arm into the entrance with the torch.

Narrhil's torch illuminates stacks of books lining the walls and loose pages scattered across the floor...

4/12/2024 8:36 pm  #6404

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

1d12 = 7!

Tillak senses something behind him!

Tillak spins to face what ever is behind him, warpick at the ready! "Brothers! We are not alone!!"

2 large wolves salivate across the courtyard! Each snarls as silently as they have approached!

[Tillak roll initiative!!!!!]

4/12/2024 8:49 pm  #6405

1d6:5!

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

4/12/2024 8:51 pm  #6406

"Brothers!!!! Wolves!!"

4/12/2024 8:53 pm  #6407

Wolves at 2. Tillak has the upperhand! 

4/12/2024 8:54 pm  #6408

What does Tillak do?

4/13/2024 4:32 am  #6409

Narrhil turns at Tillak's warning, "the wolves are hungry, and relentless in their hunt!"

[OOC: Can he try and see if there is any danger from the interior of the building. If Tillak is in greater danger (which I think he is, but probably wrong; as both problems are equally dangerous...), he rushes to aid Tillak and blast the wolves at an angle that does not hit the Warlock with the wand...

Narrhil Morrtos (Initiative) rolls d6 = 1.

Wand of Freezing: Narrhil Morrtos rolls 9d4+9 = 1 +3 +2 +3 +4 +1 +1 +1 +1 + 9 = 26 (that is a lot of ones); re-roll 1s = 5d4 =  1 +2 +2 +2 +2 = 9; reroll 1 = 2. Total: 31.]

4/13/2024 5:50 am  #6410

Tillak charges the wolves, striking at the foremost on with his warpick. 1d20:16!
16+3(Fighting Ability)+1(strength)=20!
[I add my fighting ability to my attacks, correct?]

Last edited by SullyB74 (4/13/2024 6:33 am)

4/13/2024 5:51 am  #6411

[I hope that Tilllak doesn't get frozen, lol.]

4/13/2024 8:28 am  #6412

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak charges the wolves, striking at the foremost on with his warpick. 1d20:16!

[No, the FA is simply where the character falls on the Combat Matrix.]

4/13/2024 1:06 pm  #6413

SullyB74 wrote:

[I hope that Tilllak doesn't get frozen, lol.]

4/13/2024 1:34 pm  #6414

Seeing nothing of immediate danger inside the building Kèet pulls out his sling and whips a stone in the direction of the wolves.

[I rolled a 19 to hit an AC -1 and 3 to damage.

Last edited by eakratz (4/13/2024 7:31 pm)

It is immortality of a sort.

4/13/2024 6:38 pm  #6415

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Got it, amended total: 16+1=17!
Dmg: 1d8:6+2=8!

Last edited by SullyB74 (4/14/2024 5:44 pm)

4/14/2024 10:20 pm  #6416

eakratz wrote:

Seeing nothing of immediate danger inside the building Kèet pulls out his sling and whips a stone in the direction of the wolves.

[I rolled a 19 to hit an AC -1 and 3 to damage.

[OK, but I'll need to hold this action until round one because TILLAK is playing the surprise round first.  roll KEET's initiative roll for round 1]

4/14/2024 10:26 pm  #6417

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

TILLAK leaps across the courtyard at the 2 rabid wolves - and lands his war pick deep into the haunch of the more aggressive b****! It howls in pain as the solid steel punctures its mangy hide - but gnashes its foaming jaws in death snaps at the warrior!

[End of surprise round.]
[NARRHIL intends to use wand and rolled a 1 INT.]
[KEET GOOCH intends to sling a rock - NEEDS INT ROLL.]
[TILLAK state intention and roll INT.]
[WOLVES intend to eat all 3 of you and have rolled INT!]

4/15/2024 5:24 am  #6418

[rolled a 2]

It is immortality of a sort.

4/15/2024 6:38 am  #6419

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

TILLAK leaps across the courtyard at the 2 rabid wolves - and lands his war pick deep into the haunch of the more aggressive b****! It howls in pain as the solid steel punctures its mangy hide - but gnashes its foaming jaws in death snaps at the warrior!

[End of surprise round.]
[NARRHIL intends to use wand and rolled a 1 INT.]
[KEET GOOCH intends to sling a rock - NEEDS INT ROLL.]
[TILLAK state intention and roll INT.]
[WOLVES intend to eat all 3 of you and have rolled INT!]

Tillak will strike again with his pick! Initiative: 1d6: 1!

Last edited by SullyB74 (4/15/2024 6:45 am)

4/19/2024 4:06 pm  #6420

As all combatants maneuver for attacks, KEET GOOCH slings his stone!  19!  which ricochets off one of the wolves skulls, It yelps in pain and staggers back briefly.

Then simultaneously The other wolf snaps at TILLAK's wrist - 5! but the warrior proves too swift, striking his own blow with the pick!

[TILLAK roll attack and damage rolls please, [which we'll tab at end of round.]]

Meanwhile NARRHIL by the time he aims the wand's sapphire tip he sees that Tillak is now in the middle of fray.  {Does NARRHIL press the activation indention?]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.