!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/27/2023 5:50 am  #6221

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[OOC: I not sure whether to re-roll again, see post #6209?]

12/27/2023 6:38 am  #6222

Kéet looks around. Are the beastmen gone?

It is immortality of a sort.

12/27/2023 11:48 am  #6223

Caveman wrote:

[OOC: I not sure whether to re-roll again, see post #6209?]

[Hold that numbered blast!]

After Tillak grabs his pick, the three stand weaponed near the opening to the deep cave.
Outside is pitch black under the selene and her stars. All is suddenly silent save their heaving breaths.

12/27/2023 11:50 am  #6224

eakratz wrote:

Kéet looks around. Are the beastmen gone?

[When you say KEET looks around...   do you mean KEET moves forward to the mouth of the cave where the 3 beastmen dived aside? or just looks around where he stands behind TILLAK and NARRHIL about 7 feet deep inside the opening?

12/27/2023 11:05 pm  #6225

[I might have misunderstood. I took the silence for the danger was over.] 
Kèet grabs his pack and shoulders it’s wary of re-entering beastmen.

12/28/2023 12:51 pm  #6226

Tillak grits his teeth. "We are still in grave danger," he growls to his companions. "We must away!" [If there is time, then Tillak will try to gather his belongings, too.]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

12/28/2023 1:34 pm  #6227

eakratz wrote:

[I might have misunderstood. I took the silence for the danger was over.] 
Kèet grabs his pack and shoulders it’s wary of re-entering beastmen.

KEET slowly reequips himself.

12/28/2023 1:35 pm  #6228

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak grits his teeth. "We are still in grave danger," he growls to his companions. "We must away!" [If there is time, then Tillak will try to gather his belongings, too.]

Carefully, TILLAK reequips himself.

12/28/2023 3:50 pm  #6229

Narrhil will guard the entrance, slowly stepping to the side so he can see as much of the area that the Beast-men had fled to. If he sees an arm or leg he will unleash the wand to catch as much of them as he can.

[OOC: He not leaving cave, but hopefully there is something of the Beast-men exposed to assault them? ]

12/28/2023 5:14 pm  #6230

After Kèet slowly and quietly gets his gear, he will look for a hiding place, hoping to be able to backstab a creature still standing  if they come back and get blasted by a wand.

12/31/2023 3:03 pm  #6231

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil will guard the entrance, slowly stepping to the side so he can see as much of the area that the Beast-men had fled to. If he sees an arm or leg he will unleash the wand to catch as much of them as he can.

[OOC: He not leaving cave, but hopefully there is something of the Beast-men exposed to assault them? ]

NARHILL inches closer to the opening, the beastmen looked to have dove away from his blast in both directions, but he sees no sign of them from just inside the mouth. The outside of the cave is cragged rock, with some thick brush nearby. The wind outside whips the brush vigorously and thin wispy clouds race across the dark sky.

12/31/2023 3:05 pm  #6232

eakratz wrote:

After Kèet slowly and quietly gets his gear, he will look for a hiding place, hoping to be able to backstab a creature still standing  if they come back and get blasted by a wand.

KEET's delayed equipping allows him to notice extra unclaimed gear in the pile.
The opening of the cave is comprised of broken rock wall. There are crevices in which to hide on either side

12/31/2023 5:12 pm  #6233

Eyes widening with a little bit of greed, Kèet also begins to pick up some of the gear laying about, keeping a wary eye for the beast,en.
“Hey,” he whispers to Narhill. “They still out there?”

1/01/2024 6:10 am  #6234

"They seem gone, perhaps scattered, but they will be back with help, if they can!" He replies to Kéet.

"If you two could watch the tunnel and cave entrance , it will give me time to don my gear." The cryomancer even with his love for the cold, was not immune to it. Not yet at least. 

Narrhil, slowly moves to his gears, scanning around him, warily...

1/01/2024 2:58 pm  #6235

Tillk takes post, guarding the entrance to the cave.

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

1/02/2024 9:27 am  #6236

Narrhil, quickly gets into his robes and slings his gear. He desperately looks for his ring of Warmness.

[OOC: If he finds cert ring, he places it on one of his fingers].

1/03/2024 12:16 pm  #6237

eakratz wrote:

Eyes widening with a little bit of greed, Kèet also begins to pick up some of the gear laying about, keeping a wary eye for the beast,en.
“Hey,” he whispers to Narhill. “They still out there?”

He sees white and pale blue silver winter robes, a ring, 3 backpacks, ropes, a sword, a mace, 2 picks, 4 daggers, a hand ax, torches by the dozen. some leathers.

1/03/2024 12:17 pm  #6238

Caveman wrote:

"They seem gone, perhaps scattered, but they will be back with help, if they can!" He replies to Kéet.

"If you two could watch the tunnel and cave entrance , it will give me time to don my gear." The cryomancer even with his love for the cold, was not immune to it. Not yet at least. 

Narrhil, slowly moves to his gears, scanning around him, warily...

Narrhil sees the skinny stranger picking through the equipment pile.

1/03/2024 12:18 pm  #6239

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillk takes post, guarding the entrance to the cave.

The torch dropped by the beastmen is flickering out.

1/03/2024 7:27 pm  #6240

Kéet will use the dying torch to light one of the new ones from the pile. 

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Narrhil sees the skinny stranger picking through the equipment pile.

[I thought they had already gotten their gear,]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.