Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2018 5:52 pm  #601


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

You wade to the other side.
Malik is forced to let go of your shoulder else fall in himself...

                           6ft
___________________________
|                       Emral                     |
​|                                                      | 4ft
​|                                                      |
____________________________
 


3d6 straight.
 

11/27/2018 8:58 pm  #602


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Ugh.

Walking left side then right side, and if it’s still not working, up and off to the prepared fire.

 

11/27/2018 11:44 pm  #603


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral moves to the left side of the pool. On the far left, he feels something uneven under his boot,  it's hard, about the size of a fist.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/28/2018 7:48 am  #604


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“Aha! Something about the size of my fist! Maybe it’s a hinge or a handle. Hang on.”

Dives down to feel it.

 

11/28/2018 9:19 am  #605


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

His teeth begin to chatter together and his body quakes, the warlock knows fire is more his thing than this frigid water. But he steels himself and lowers his body beneath the water. His fingers touch the object. It is a ring pull.

[d12]


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/28/2018 12:47 pm  #606


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

His teeth begin to chatter together and his body quakes, the warlock knows fire is more his thing than this frigid water. But he steels himself and lowers his body beneath the water. His fingers touch the object. It is a ring pull.

[d12]

I rolled a 2

 

11/28/2018 1:53 pm  #607


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

It feels like it would be quite easy to pull, should you wish to...


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/28/2018 2:34 pm  #608


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

It feels like it would be quite easy to pull, should you wish to...

He pulls it!

 

11/28/2018 4:11 pm  #609


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

A submerged sluice slowly opens and the filthy water begins to drain away.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/28/2018 5:23 pm  #610


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“Ah g-g-g-good. Now to fend off hypothermia.”

Up and to the fire to warm up and then he plans to sally forth to the secret entrance!

 

11/28/2018 5:29 pm  #611


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

As Emral moves back to exit, a shape on the right side of the pool begins to be revealed in the receding water...
A small skull, its grinning jaw mocking you. You stare agape as most of the skeletal frame retains its skin, though now bloated, and torn away, hanging limply from stray cartilage. 

In its tiny hand - a rusty dagger. Once revealed it animates.

[intentions/int/att/dam, please]


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/28/2018 9:29 pm  #612


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Intention:  Upon pulling the catch, Emral got up to move asap, possibly even before seeing the skeleton. Upon seeing it, however, his resolve to gtfo of the pool is heightened.  Plus by the time the drain of a 4x6x3+ pool allows him to see a child's skeleton on the bottom, let alone its animation process, will hopefully allow him to move out of the way fast enough. 
Int:  d6 = 4  
Att: n/a
Dam:  n/a
Please: at 5hp, I reeeeeeally hope I don't die.

 

11/28/2018 10:01 pm  #613


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Intention:  Upon pulling the catch, Emral got up to move asap, possibly even before seeing the skeleton. Upon seeing it, however, his resolve to gtfo of the pool is heightened.  Plus by the time the drain of a 4x6x3+ pool allows him to see a child's skeleton on the bottom, let alone its animation process, will hopefully allow him to move out of the way fast enough. 
Int:  d6 = 4  
Att: n/a
Dam:  n/a
Please: at 5hp, I reeeeeeally hope I don't die.

Hmmm. It's that cold, cold water delay though....[rolling]
Emral manages to get out of the pool, delay phase 2 of round to pick up his trusty sword.
 


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/29/2018 1:47 pm  #614


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Intention:  Upon pulling the catch, Emral got up to move asap, possibly even before seeing the skeleton. Upon seeing it, however, his resolve to gtfo of the pool is heightened.  Plus by the time the drain of a 4x6x3+ pool allows him to see a child's skeleton on the bottom, let alone its animation process, will hopefully allow him to move out of the way fast enough. 
Int:  d6 = 4  
Att: n/a
Dam:  n/a
Please: at 5hp, I reeeeeeally hope I don't die.

Hmmm. It's that cold, cold water delay though....[rolling]
Emral manages to get out of the pool, delay phase 2 of round to pick up his trusty sword.
 

Already hopped on the ledge he rolls back and into a crouching stance. He draws his sword over his shoulder and holds it ready to attack. Still his hands are numb and move entirely through his practice and will, more than feeling the sword in his hands.

“Malak! Undead!” He croaks the words of warning.

 

11/30/2018 4:51 pm  #615


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Ooc: I think his hands would be more warm than his legs, so when the time comes to attack he should be okay. I’m thinking of having him clobber it while it is still in the pool.

 

11/30/2018 6:40 pm  #616


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Unless Malak decides to attack it poolside this round,  I guarantee you that Emral won't be clobbering it while it's still in the pool.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

12/01/2018 1:07 am  #617


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I attack with a dagger
Init = 1
Att = 17
Dam = 4


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

12/01/2018 10:14 am  #618


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Malak, the skeleton is slightly out of your reach, you will need to get into the draining pool to do so.

Emral won the initiative for your side, he's jumped out and grabbed his sword, so it's up to you.
 


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

12/02/2018 9:58 am  #619


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Malak, the skeleton is slightly out of your reach, you will need to get into the draining pool to do so.

Emral won the initiative for your side, he's jumped out and grabbed his sword, so it's up to you.
 

Maybe it’s what he did as he described it as attacking with a dagger?
And would it be vulnerable to attack while climbing out of the pit?

 

12/02/2018 10:27 am  #620


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Could be, but as you said...free will of the pc and all...
combat is in 2 phases. highest int goes first each phase.
Emral won int for round 1. Emral used get out of pool 1/2 movement for phase 1. (and is being penalized for cold and wet and maybe not paying attention? so only grab the weapon as 1/2 movement for phase 2 of round 1.)
Malak says he wants to attack for phase 1 - but that means getting in that freezing oily water - and I  can't be sure he wants to go that far. maybe he does.
I have a hunch that the skeleton kid will 1/2 mv & charge attack on its turn of phase 1 of round 1.

everything hinges on Malak's decision. 
 


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.