!!insidediv!!



Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



10/25/2023 11:39 am  #6061


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak strikes the nearest one!

1d20:9+2:11! 🤞🏽

 

Last edited by SullyB74 (10/25/2023 11:41 am)



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/25/2023 4:14 pm  #6062


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak strikes the nearest one!

1d20:9+2:11! 🤞🏽

 

The jab doesn't connect, but this is Tillak's double attack round!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/26/2023 4:58 am  #6063


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

He swings again!!!
1d20:20!
Damage:1d8:3+2:5!



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/26/2023 2:35 pm  #6064


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

He swings again!!!
1d20:20!
Damage:1d8:3+2:5!

[Roll on the Critical Hits table for additional damage.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/26/2023 2:45 pm  #6065


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[I only have the  2nd Ed. rules. Is that OK?]

1!:+2! Total of 7!
 

Last edited by SullyB74 (10/26/2023 2:46 pm)



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/26/2023 3:35 pm  #6066


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

[I only have the  2nd Ed. rules. Is that OK?]

1!:+2! Total of 7!
 

[Ive gotten lost on your numbers.

damage roll is 3 , +2 for your crit check = 5
then +3 for Str and weap mast. =  I'm getting 8.]

The pick draws blood but not nearly enough!


 

Last edited by Iron Ranger (10/26/2023 3:36 pm)


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/26/2023 3:37 pm  #6067


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

New round. Check your HPs, state intentions, roll intiatives, attacks etc etc.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2023 5:10 am  #6068


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak will swing again!
Initiative: 3!
Hit roll: 2 + 2: 3!
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/27/2023 5:31 am  #6069


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Intent: No doubt hearing the curses and grunts of melee combat, Narrhil will risk a look around the corner...

If he sees a group of Beast-men not close to Tillak he will use the Wand of Freezing on them...

Narrhil Morrtos rolls d6 = 6

 

10/27/2023 8:48 pm  #6070


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Narrhil peeks out. He can clearly see three vhuurmi, wild hairy beasts, in the pews now moving on Tillak. He could use the wand, but gauges he will surely deep freeze his friend.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2023 10:04 pm  #6071


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Narrhil peeks out. He can clearly see three vhuurmi, wild hairy beasts, in the pews now moving on Tillak. He could use the wand, but gauges he will surely deep freeze his friend.

Well, it was nice knowing, ya.



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/28/2023 5:12 am  #6072


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Narrhil peeks out. He can clearly see three vhuurmi, wild hairy beasts, in the pews now moving on Tillak. He could use the wand, but gauges he will surely deep freeze his friend.

Well, it was nice knowing, ya.

LOL, I try something else...

 

10/28/2023 5:29 am  #6073


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Vhuurmi," hisses the cryomancer in fear, "run Sir Tillak, make for the stairs to the wine cellar. We can fight them one at a time, or I will blast the flesh from their bone. Hurry!"

Narrhil makes haste to the door to the wine cellar, and cautiously watching the door to the fane, he retreats backwards, hoping Tillak will join him...

[OOC: If the Warlock can retreat, he will quickly get down stairs and turn making ready at the bottom, and once Tillak is past him and the Vhuurmi are rushing down stairs, he will use Wand of Freezing at them].

 

 

10/28/2023 4:27 pm  #6074


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If Tillak can retreat, he does.
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/30/2023 8:16 am  #6075


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak hears the shout of his companion and bolts for the kitchen!

The lithe beastmen leap over the pews after him! 18! 16! 14!
And quickly knock the warlock to the hard stone floor, holding his arms and legs securely.

"We trade! Your life for this one!  She could forget you!"


 


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2023 4:01 pm  #6076


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Seeing his comrade being pulled down, Narrhil rushes back to the door to the fane.

"Release my ally or I will kill thee," he indicates the three Vhuurmis.

 

10/30/2023 6:18 pm  #6077


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Caveman wrote:

Seeing his comrade being pulled down, Narrhil rushes back to the door to the fane.

"Release my ally or I will kill thee," he indicates the three Vhuurmis.

One of the beastmen moves a weapon from the back of Tillak's head and points it at Narrhil as he appears at the door.=9ptIt is a strange transparent crystal housing a network of tightly wound copper wires and tiny, glowing filaments.

"Give her gift. We live. You live.  now  you go!"


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/31/2023 8:29 am  #6078


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Obviously we have a communication problem, If you could explain that a little bit more precisely?" say Narrhil trying to comprehend the beast-man. While pointing his wand back at the entangled group and taking a step to the right to get a bit more cover from the door frame...

 

 

10/31/2023 4:34 pm  #6079


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak looks at the beast-men. They don't look like the "civilized" kind that he met before, do they?



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/31/2023 5:01 pm  #6080


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The beastmen have Tillak's face against the stone floor, he can't really them now, but they defintitely werent wearing the uniforms he saw the beastman army wear.

 


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum






© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.