Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2018 12:17 pm  #581


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral walks over to the pews, right near one of the points where the beam of light hits.  

"Please speak to us, whatever power is causing this glowing staff. We're here to help. The people of this village were slaughtered, and the skeletons of children animated into undead! Help us to help you. We don't understand this sign of the staff and lights, and that light in the sky seems to have some power that has affected my companion. Who are you?"

 

11/25/2018 2:27 pm  #582


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The light beam from the staff pools on the pew seat in front of you. It pulses as you speak, but does not reply.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/25/2018 4:17 pm  #583


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“I don’t understand, but I am going to sit here and see if you will speak to me. Malak, watch me? Don’t leave the room until I can get some answers.”

Emral sits in the pew.

“Let’s talk.”

 

11/25/2018 4:57 pm  #584


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Malak watches as Emral sits down on the pew. Instantaneously the light extinguishes and the staff disappears.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/25/2018 7:45 pm  #585


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

What the heck is going on?


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/25/2018 8:41 pm  #586


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

What the heck is going on?

Emral's face is illuminated in the light from the lantern, as he turns back to Malak.  He looks haunted, spaced out or not himself, his eyes seeming to have seen ghosts.

"The fire!  Malak!  I was there!  It was... the moment the boards covered the doorway. The building was being lynched by villagers, covered in plague boils. They wanted their children from the priestess, but she was defending them. The children were afraid, Malak, sheer terror. But not from the priestess, but from their plague-covered parents!  They boarded their own children inside here, burned the building with their children inside. The priestess came up from the pool, then turned into light and then... then the flames had engulfed the building. But..."
He is deep in thought, getting up and pacing around the room.
"Four of them where I was sitting. We fought four skeletons in here, but they had knives. Why did they have knives? Some hid behind the harp, some fled into the room with the fireplace. But we've searched this area. Did she teleport them away? Then whose skeletons did we fight? And where did the villagers go? This..."
He looks up into Malak's eyes, his haunted madness now including his normal crazed momentum - the fire of the mind stoked again.
"This is a mystery that has more questions than answers!  But we can use these pews for firewood tonight! Come, we'll need to get a fire burning for what I'm about to do. Tell me about those voices, and what you saw in the light from that haunted star, while we break up this pew and keep ourselves from dying of the cold of this dark winter!"

Emral tries to see if he can pull the pew nearest the doorway of the fireplace, to the fireplace.  If not, he kicks it apart to get pieces of wood and bring them over.

 

11/25/2018 9:13 pm  #587


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

You find you need to kick it apart. There's more than enough usable wood to last several days.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/25/2018 11:41 pm  #588


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral sets up a pile of the wood AND prepares a fire in the fireplace.  He also goes around and collects the daggers from the skeletons they'd fought.  (curious to see where kids got them from)

"Malak, here's my plan. The woman in my vision came up from that pool. Maybe after my vision I'll be able to enter that pool, and reach whatever safe hold she and the other children reached during the fire. Or maybe I'll just be wet and cold. In that case, we have a roaring fire to warm us - or just me - up. Maybe we should rest up first, recover our strength before I go in.  However, maybe we need to strike while the iron is hot."

 

11/26/2018 7:19 pm  #589


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC:  Emral finishes if there isn't another interruption, then prepares himself and steps down into the pool.
He will wait for Malak to discuss things, and hopefully talk about what he heard in the whispers, or saw in the flash of light.

 

11/26/2018 7:21 pm  #590


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Just to be clear, Emral gets in and then talks with Malak  or Emral talks with Malak then gets in the pool?


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/26/2018 8:36 pm  #591


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Talk with malak just in case, then if there’s nothing else, into the pool.

 

11/26/2018 9:23 pm  #592


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gotcha, let's see what the low down cutpurse has to say...


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/27/2018 1:52 am  #593


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I heard nothing. Just whispers!!!
I could not make them out.


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/27/2018 10:41 am  #594


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Then that's it for now. I'm going to go in. If there's a teleportation, come after me. If it's a staircase... we'll have a new place to explore. Maybe a tunnel or something to another area? And if not, well, let's heat up my feet with a nice warm fire." 

He walks to the edge of the pool.

"Whoever sent me the vision, I'm going to try to go to the place where that woman came up from, as I believe that's what you're trying to show us. Please let us through? Help us get what we need, learn what we need to know and whatever tools you can pass on to us, so we can end this curse."

And with that he steps down into the pool, one foot and then another.

 

11/27/2018 12:31 pm  #595


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

"Then that's it for now. I'm going to go in. If there's a teleportation, come after me. If it's a staircase... we'll have a new place to explore. Maybe a tunnel or something to another area? And if not, well, let's heat up my feet with a nice warm fire." 

He walks to the edge of the pool.

"Whoever sent me the vision, I'm going to try to go to the place where that woman came up from, as I believe that's what you're trying to show us. Please let us through? Help us get what we need, learn what we need to know and whatever tools you can pass on to us, so we can end this curse."

And with that he steps down into the pool, one foot and then another.

I hold his shoulder to react fast if needed.


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/27/2018 2:46 pm  #596


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

I hold his shoulder to react fast if needed.

Even if it’s not needed, Emral appreciates the morale support.

 

11/27/2018 4:34 pm  #597


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

With the fire started in the other room's fireplace. And one of the pews broken up for more fuel, Malak rejoins Emral on the pulpit next to the pool.

Emral slowly descends into the water with Malak's support.

The 4x6 pool is 4ft deep. The dark, dank opaque water penetrates  Emral's clothes,wetting his brigadine armor and soaking his red hooded cloak through. The water is near freezing, taking Emral's breath away.

The water feels somewhat oily.


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/27/2018 5:16 pm  #598


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Hoooooooo! Wait, why does it feel oily? I tried lighting it on fire, but that didn't ignite the oil? Uggggghhhh.  Okay, visions, work with me here. I need... hoooooo that's cold!"

Emral stands there and frowns.  "I really. Really hope this works."

Walks to where the woman was coming out of the pool.

 

11/27/2018 5:24 pm  #599


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral is where the Priestess emerged...

Centered on the pews side of the pool

                           6ft
____________________________
|                                                      |
​|                                                      | 4ft
​|                                                      |
____________Emral___________


3d6 straight.
     Thread Starter
 

11/27/2018 5:49 pm  #600


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Moving forward and hopefully it does something.

 

Board footera





“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2019 North Wind Adventures, LLC.