!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/09/2023 9:35 am  #5661

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak, noticing the wolves for the first time 😳, swings to face them and attacks with his pick.

1d20: 5 + 1: 6!

[OK, it will take phase one for Tillak to  get out of the pews and join Votin in the center aisle.
Roll intitative for round one.]

7/09/2023 9:41 am  #5662

7/09/2023 10:20 am  #5663

2 wolves and don't forget the 2 half skeletons in the corner!

7/09/2023 10:21 am  #5664

The snow piles thick in sheets in these forgotten woods. But through it Narrhil saw firelight. 
Closer now, the outline of a burnt out Church - and a fire can be glimpsed within the broken front doors.

7/09/2023 10:37 am  #5665

[Quick housekeeping:]

Malak 8/22 HP, 13076 XP
Tillak 14/14 HP, 11147 XP
Votin 17/17 HP, 5963 XP

7/09/2023 12:54 pm  #5666

Narrhil Morrtos hissed between his teeth, the cold vapours rose as if like a dragon's breath, but the man, who looked like he was in his mid-twenties knew that he was no dragon.

“Ashen Worm, hear by prayers, bless me and keep me safe!” He whispers to the cold night.

The man is donned in thick winter clothing, designed white robes trimmed with white or silver fur, on his head was a fur cap (Kozaki style) made from a silver fox. The robes were also trimmed in threaded knotwork of pale blue and silver colours.

His long black hair hung out across his shoulders from under the robes' wide hood, which was pulled up over his head and cap, and a long, thick pointed black beard hung down to his mid-stomach. His eyes were blue, and he stood just under six feet, and he was of lean build. On is back was a sturdy backpack full of his worldly possessions.

He was a novice seer of the cold north, some called him a cryomancer, he had wanders the cold lands for over a year now, set loose to discover the mysteries of these places by his Master, Keeper of Ice, Ruler of the Freezing Lands and Seer of the Frozen Wastes. His master had no name, and he had not asked, he was the righteous and most honourable 'Seer of the Frozen Wastes,' to him, and he had known no more.

He had encountered many dangers, but he had fled, or found a good place to sniper any threat to death or force them to flee but a pack of starving wolves and found his scent and had forced him further north, hunting him for the last two days and they were now very close. He could find no safe cliff to hide on or tree worthy to climb and if he had done so, he would have frozen to death sitting on a branch waiting for the wolves to flee. His magic was weak, though he had one special item that he had recently looted from a frozen corpse, but how many charges did the wand have.

But now this fire hearkened hope, if he could barricade himself inside the building and seek an alliance with those who dwell there, he could perhaps find safety.

He paused only briefly, he carried two picks, one in each of his fur covered gloved hands. They were secured to his wrists by thick leather straps and he pulled himself along, hooking tree branches or trunks to propel him on fast, but not faster than those damn swift wolves.

He moved cautiously towards the ruined church...

7/09/2023 5:46 pm  #5667

[OK, it will take phase one for Tillak to  get out of the pews and join Votin in the center aisle.
Roll intitative for round one.]
[1d6]=4

7/10/2023 3:18 am  #5668

[OOC: Just wanted to say hello to folks and thanks to Iron Ranger for maintaining this PbP through hail and storm. I got a feeling of "I am home!" This ruined church was quite an adventure 5 years ago, and now the adventure is back here once more. Strange events! ]

May the Ashen Worm guide your hands...

7/10/2023 7:51 am  #5669

Votin's prayers escape his lips as his grip tightens. He senses Tillak step into a better attack position directly behind him, free of the constrictions of the pews. Malak is silent behind them both, and the warriors wonder if the wily thief has slipped into some unnoticed hiding spot.

The wolves slaver and growl, muscles tense and they both spring forward! 3! - Votin pivots and directs one of the wolves further up the center aisle where it loses its footing on the piles of bones left on the stone floor not moments ago.
and 9! - the second smashes against Tillak's small shield but the esquimeaux warlock pushes it back to the floor in front of him.

Both warriors swing wildly but each of their combatants regain their battlestances, their ires up! The warriors stand now backs together ready for death!

[end of round. Votin and Tillak and Malak state intentions, & roll initiatives etc for round 2.]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/10/2023 7:57 am)

7/10/2023 7:55 am  #5670

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil  moved cautiously towards the ruined church...

The wind howls but Narrhil now hears the unmistakable roar of wolf and whelp of man from beyond the broken doors of his last chance refuge atop its piercing whine!  How possible those wolves have skirted and await him?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (7/10/2023 7:56 am)

7/10/2023 8:18 am  #5671

[OOC: Welcome back!]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (7/10/2023 8:19 am)

7/10/2023 10:54 am  #5672

[1d6]=6
Votin stands side by side with Tillak, he tries to make sure the wolves don't get to Malak as he seems to be lost in another place and time.

Votin swings at the closest wolf...

[1d20+2]=13+2=15

[1d8+2]=4+2=6

7/10/2023 12:22 pm  #5673

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[OOC: Welcome back!]

Cheers Man.

7/10/2023 12:49 pm  #5674

Narrhil feared the pack of wolves that are following him but did some pass him by in the night to flank. He needed the help of those inside, if they would give it but the Ashen Worm giveth and the Ashen Worm taketh away. Which would it be this time he did not know. 

He hastily moves to the wide open double doors of the ruined church pulling forth the This sapphire-tipped wand. 

[OOC: What can he see, Narrhil will move till he can see directly into the church along the centre aisle , between the benches. If he can get to within 30 feet, not trying to hit fellow human, hoping wolves have their back to him and he can just hit them and not their foes.

I got 9d4+9, plus in £E rules in hands of cryomancer (me) I can re-roll and 1s?] 

Initiative: Nialldubh rolls d6 = 4. 

Nialldubh rolls 9d4+9 = 4 +2 +2 +2 +4 +4 +1 +3 +2 + 9 = 33.  Re-roll 1 if wanted?

Nialldubh rolls d6 = 6. Total therefore 38.

Last edited by Caveman (7/10/2023 12:50 pm)

7/10/2023 1:02 pm  #5675

£E = 3E, hmm...

I using Rolz for my dice rolling: Roleplaying Dice Roller · Rolz

The PW to Dice room is: Hyperborea Scorched Sanctuary

So, if you want to use room or just to make sure I not cheating. Anyhow, I enjoy this place for over a year and it 99% reliable. If folks want to use it. Rolling dice is like #1d20+2. The # symbol is the trigger for dice rolls, feel free.

7/10/2023 1:29 pm  #5676

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=6
Votin stands side by side with Tillak, he tries to make sure the wolves don't get to Malak as he seems to be lost in another place and time.

Votin swings at the closest wolf...

[1d20+2]=13+2=15

[1d8+2]=4+2=6

Votin is facing the wolf he threw off him last round (away from the open doors at front of room - Votin faces the raised dais. He is back to back with Tillak (who is facing the door and the wolf he knocked down with his shield last round.)
Votin can see that Malak is indeed missing from where he was by the fire before.)

Votin's battle axe connects with the wolf's neck -cleaving it off in one swing. Detritus sprays in a huge arc from the corpse coating the warrior in the warm sticky blood.

[Votin +35XP]

7/10/2023 1:33 pm  #5677

Caveman wrote:

£E = 3E, hmm...

I using Rolz for my dice rolling: Roleplaying Dice Roller · Rolz

The PW to Dice room is: Hyperborea Scorched Sanctuary

So, if you want to use room or just to make sure I not cheating. Anyhow, I enjoy this place for over a year and it 99% reliable. If folks want to use it. Rolling dice is like #1d20+2. The # symbol is the trigger for dice rolls, feel free.

I prefer to roll real dice, but of course use whatever you like!

7/10/2023 1:37 pm  #5678

Iron Ranger wrote:

I prefer to roll real dice, but of course use whatever you like!

Ah, np, still, you know what I doing!

7/10/2023 1:38 pm  #5679

Caveman wrote:

Narrhil feared the pack of wolves that are following him but did some pass him by in the night to flank. He needed the help of those inside, if they would give it but the Ashen Worm giveth and the Ashen Worm taketh away. Which would it be this time he did not know. 

He hastily moves to the wide open double doors of the ruined church pulling forth the This sapphire-tipped wand. 

[OOC: What can he see, Narrhil will move till he can see directly into the church along the centre aisle , between the benches. If he can get to within 30 feet, not trying to hit fellow human, hoping wolves have their back to him and he can just hit them and not their foes.

I got 9d4+9, plus in £E rules in hands of cryomancer (me) I can re-roll and 1s?] 

Initiative: Nialldubh rolls d6 = 4. 

Nialldubh rolls 9d4+9 = 4 +2 +2 +2 +4 +4 +1 +3 +2 + 9 = 33.  Re-roll 1 if wanted?

Nialldubh rolls d6 = 6. Total therefore 38.

Narril trudges through the impossible blanket toward the broken double doors hanging in the opening. He can see the silhouette of battle. He has studied the operation of his new prize for long before his acquisition, so he knows well he needs to get exactingly close - but in this darkness, in this downsheeting, through that narrow opening half buried in snow---, he'll only have to guess when to release its fury...

[Narrhil roll 2d10 please.]

7/10/2023 1:52 pm  #5680

2d10 = 11.

Last edited by Caveman (7/10/2023 1:53 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.