!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/27/2023 8:49 am  #5621

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[OOC: patiently waiting, I understand the interruptions REAL LIFE(TM) can cause]

REAL LIFE(TM) won initiative on that round!

5/27/2023 9:31 pm  #5622

"Tillak! Malak! The wolves are attacking!

[1d6]=1

[OOC: what are the chances of someone passing me one of thoses healing potions]

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (5/27/2023 9:32 pm)

5/28/2023 9:29 am  #5623

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[OOC: patiently waiting, I understand the interruptions REAL LIFE(TM) can cause]

REAL LIFE(TM) won initiative on that round!

[OOC: Yep...nothing like your lawnmower and your toilet breaking the same day]

5/28/2023 1:02 pm  #5624

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=1

The small fire sputters under the fall of heavy snow through the burnt out roof, Malak keeps an eye on the two last skeletons near the SW corner, and Votin prepares a battle to the death with the wolves before him ---  all  while Tillak acesses whether he has destroyed the half skeleton at his foot.....

5/31/2023 8:23 am  #5625

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=1

{OOC: That was for initiative if needed...new battle ? Do we need to state intentions and rolls?]

5/31/2023 11:17 am  #5626

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=1

{OOC: That was for initiative if needed...new battle ? Do we need to state intentions and rolls?]

Understood. Both your companions seem frozen with fear. As if time itself has stopped.
What are Votin's intentions?

6/01/2023 7:15 pm  #5627

Votin will attempt to defend his two companions from the greatest threat and try to rouse them from their fear paralysis., hoping that Tillak can pass him a healing potion before it's too late.

[1d20+2]=14+2=16

[1d10+2]=2+2=4

6/01/2023 7:20 pm  #5628

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin will attempt to defend his two companions from the greatest threat and try to rouse them from their fear paralysis., hoping that Tillak can pass him a healing potion before it's too late.

[1d20+2]=14+2=16

[1d10+2]=2+2=4

[To be clear, this an attack and damage roll on 1 of the 2 ferocious wolves?  or Votin is moving to nudge either tillak or malak or both instead?]

6/02/2023 3:43 pm  #5629

Votin is moving to nudge both instead

6/02/2023 4:33 pm  #5630

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin is moving to nudge both instead

Votin moves into the pews. The gaze of the wolves seems affixed too. As does the snow through the burnt out ceiling.

6/03/2023 6:59 am  #5631

[OOC: If Votin's totem spirit is a wolf, is there some sort of possible interaction with the two wolves?]

6/06/2023 7:34 am  #5632

It's probable. But the wolves don't seem to be interested in Votin since he stepped inside the pews. Their snarling has stopped mid-snarl.

6/20/2023 8:26 pm  #5633

[OOC: still in but got my hands full right now]

6/21/2023 1:42 am  #5634

[Take your time.]

6/22/2023 6:49 pm  #5635

Votin moves his eyes around, trying to find out what is stopping the wolves from attacking but trying to keep his body still but gripping his axe hard.

His eyes flick over to the skeletons keeping them on his mind...

He whispers as quietly as he can..."Tillak, Malak?"

6/23/2023 1:56 am  #5636

Neither of the wolves wild gazes follows the warrior, their vicious eyes still transfixed on the spot he once stood mere moments ago. Nor do the skeletons in the corner make any move to stop him. Friend Tillak hesitant to bash the skeleton at his feet. The stranger Malak mid-battlecry at the fire, which flames no longer lip at the cold rather hang in flight. The flakes from the dark sky over head though the burnt out ceiling no longer approach to thicken on the floor. 

The air smells suddenly sour and the only sound is the scuff of Votin's boot on the cobble.

6/23/2023 9:03 pm  #5637

Votin utters under his breath, "What manner of foul sorcery is this?"

Votin keeps his eyes upon the spot that seems to keep the wolves enthralled and reaches out to whoever is closest and pokes them gently at first, moving slowly so as to not distract any of the creatures nearby.

6/27/2023 1:42 am  #5638

Nothing moves. 
Votin pokes Tillak's armored sleeve - he doesn't react - his gaze firm on the non moving half skeleton at his leg below.

6/27/2023 8:26 pm  #5639

Votin wonders if time itself has stopped...he whispers to his spirit totem..."Brother Wolf, guide me now and let me see what my brothers see".

Using the toe of his boot he tries to nudge the skeleton back under the pew and gently turn Tillak around.

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (6/27/2023 8:26 pm)

6/28/2023 6:24 am  #5640

Votin is overwhelmed as his vision spins and darkens, his environs morphing into the highspeed blur of snow. A trail through dark trees. A steady gait, his brothers moving with him, alongside him. As one pack. The scent of blood on the cold air.

And then he returns - blinking the image away. His boot toe slides the stiffened half-skeleton underneath the pew. Then he twists Tillak to face him, the warrior though stiff as a statue.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.