Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!



You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2018 6:40 pm  #541


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Would Malak be ok to investigate the tower, scouting with Emral backing him up? We might find something to burn, for heat. I don’t want to do combat with no healer, but we’re in a bind.

Ok. How about eating that wolf? Burning hands on some freshly carved meat?


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/17/2018 6:42 pm  #542


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Malak has 9 HP, 10 arrows left.
Emral has 5 HP.

If you're not keeping score.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/17/2018 9:17 pm  #543


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Malak has 9 HP, 10 arrows left.
Emral has 5 HP.

If you're not keeping score.

Noted!


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/18/2018 12:09 pm  #544


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

“The spells are limited. We need more than a scorch to cook anything anyway. We need some firewood. Are you up for scouting and searching?”

 

11/18/2018 6:32 pm  #545


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

“The spells are limited. We need more than a scorch to cook anything anyway. We need some firewood. Are you up for scouting and searching?”

Yes


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/19/2018 11:50 am  #546


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Ooc: so we go to the left around the other side of the temple, Emral taking up the rear while Malak scouts ahead.

 

11/19/2018 11:56 am  #547


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc: so we go to the left around the other side of the temple, Emral taking up the rear while Malak scouts ahead.

Slowly. What do we see?


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/19/2018 2:32 pm  #548


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc: so we go to the left around the other side of the temple, Emral taking up the rear while Malak scouts ahead.

Slowly. What do we see?

Assuming you have the lantern lit, not much beyond its radius.

But it is the crackling blue light streaking across the western sky has all of your attention. Too slow for falling star. And unlike any of the comets either of you have witness in years past.

[roll d12s]


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/19/2018 4:49 pm  #549


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

D12: rolled a 7

Any ability modifier?

 

11/19/2018 5:15 pm  #550


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

D12: rolled a 7

Any ability modifier?

No, but the 7 buys this knowledge:

The blue crackling spreading across in the sky resembles the blue electrical cracking around the winter wolf's mouth as he conversed with you during encounter.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/19/2018 9:22 pm  #551


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Ooc: so we go to the left around the other side of the temple, Emral taking up the rear while Malak scouts ahead.

Slowly. What do we see?

Assuming you have the lantern lit, not much beyond its radius.

But it is the crackling blue light streaking across the western sky has all of your attention. Too slow for falling star. And unlike any of the comets either of you have witness in years past.

[roll d12s]

3
 


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/20/2018 9:57 am  #552


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:


Slowly. What do we see?

Assuming you have the lantern lit, not much beyond its radius.

But it is the crackling blue light streaking across the western sky has all of your attention. Too slow for falling star. And unlike any of the comets either of you have witness in years past.

[roll d12s]

3
 

Save vs. Sorcery.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/20/2018 10:29 am  #553


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:


Assuming you have the lantern lit, not much beyond its radius.

But it is the crackling blue light streaking across the western sky has all of your attention. Too slow for falling star. And unlike any of the comets either of you have witness in years past.

[roll d12s]

3
 

Save vs. Sorcery.

18


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/20/2018 10:41 am  #554


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

3
 

Save vs. Sorcery.

18

See private message #181120

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/20/2018 10:54 am)


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/20/2018 11:15 am  #555


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Emril!
Lets get back to the Church! I don't like it out here"


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

11/20/2018 3:50 pm  #556


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Does Malak look rational about his fear, or is he overwhelmed or even enchanted?

Emral is using his sorcerer senses, too: any sense of magic in the air?

Also: is it a comet or a stationary object?

 

11/20/2018 4:04 pm  #557


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Does Malak look rational about his fear, or is he overwhelmed or even enchanted?

Emral is using his sorcerer senses, too: any sense of magic in the air?

Also: is it a comet or a stationary object?

You cannot discern, might be all three, but he is insistent.

The blue crackling light from the object seems supernatural.

The celestial body is moving but extremely slowly.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/20/2018 7:04 pm  #558


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Emral follows malak back inside.
“I’m listening. What happened?@

 

11/20/2018 7:50 pm  #559


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

You enter the church. Standing erect on the pulpit where the lectern once resided is an illuminated staff.
Beams of white light shine down from it onto each of the 8 wooden pews.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/21/2018 9:47 am  #560


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

I had a vision that we were magically trapped under water and ice. I am ok now. Let's continue!


-They call me DM Angelo
My current Campaigns 
 

Board footera






“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2020 North Wind Adventures, LLC.