!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2022 9:24 pm  #5301

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Initiative: 1d6 = 4! [I'm going to wait and see what the beast man does. If he attacks, then I do, too.]

Last edited by SullyB74 (10/17/2022 5:02 am)

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

10/15/2022 9:14 am  #5302

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Warily Votin stands up, hand on axe and peers over towards the stone.

The scratching at the stone increases in intensity, Votin leans forward with his torch and the stone appears to be moving inside a fraction of an inch!

Votin thinks to himself this could be really good or really bad. Using whatever leverage he can, he tries to help loosen or pull the stone.[fingertips?]

10/17/2022 1:04 pm  #5303

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Warily Votin stands up, hand on axe and peers over towards the stone.

The scratching at the stone increases in intensity, Votin leans forward with his torch and the stone appears to be moving inside a fraction of an inch!

Votin thinks to himself this could be really good or really bad. Using whatever leverage he can, he tries to help loosen or pull the stone.[fingertips?]

Votin moves closer to the stone again and puts his torch and weapon down on the stone floor. He carefully grabs the moving stone with his fingertips and pulls it.
[Votin +100XP]
There is a ratchet noise from within and suddenly the stone glides toward him almost on its own, revealing a dark recess 3ft by 3ft beyond - and from which animated skeletal bones emerge, pushing quickly into the space with him!
[Votin state intentions and roll initiative!]

10/17/2022 9:42 pm  #5304

[1d6]=5 Initiative

Votin will backup to give himself some swinging room and try to take out the skeletons.

[1d20+2]=2+2=4 [another pitiful attack]

10/20/2022 8:08 am  #5305

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[1d6]=5 Initiative

Votin will backup to give himself some swinging room and try to take out the skeletons.

[1d20+2]=2+2=4 [another pitiful attack]

Votin instinctively grabs up his battle axe and retreats from the open stone as 3 Half-Sized skeletons claw through the hole. Quickly they gain ground and brandish rusty knives against him.
The first jabs its knife against his chest (8!) but the studded leather holds.
The second slashes (5!) but the battle axe deflects.
But the fast attack allows the third to slip behind and bury its rusty blade (18!) through the leather's seam at Votin thigh!
[Votin -3HP]

[end of round 1. Votin state intentions and roll initiative!]

10/20/2022 11:15 am  #5306

[If you want I can attack the soldiers/guards. There's s*** going on here that I don't understand and I want to make sure that I don't cause a bigger problem than is already happening.]

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

10/20/2022 11:37 am  #5307

SullyB74 wrote:

[If you want I can attack the soldiers/guards. There's s*** going on here that I don't understand and I want to make sure that I don't cause a bigger problem than is already happening.]

You can do whatever you want, including run!

I'll try to explain what's going on since you dropped out for that bit of time:

After seeing the army of soldiers amassed near the river below the cliff edge in the woods away from the female barbarian's hidden campsite and getting attacked  by the wolverine that felled Votin, Tillak and Man Beast dragged Votin back to his cave for Votin's recovery.

While Votin was knocked out (and you dropped out of game for a while), Man Beast took Tillak deeper into his cave to show Tillak where some of the soldiers took some of the prisoners - a huge metal discus embedded in the back of the cave wall.

While Tillak was contemplating the meaning of the disc's strange symbols (and you rejoined the game) Votin wandered in, having woken up alone and searching the cave.

Next Votin pulled a lever on the disc, which opened a drawer into which he climbed. The drawer closed with him in it and the disc began to rotate.

Almost immediately, Man Beast heard footsteps approaching in the cave and put out the torch. And moved his and Tillak's position in the darkness. The soldiers have just lit their own torch and are wondering where Tillak and Man Beast have disappeared to, knowing this is the end of the cave.

Hope that helps you understand Tillak's POV of what's happening. He does not know if Votin is alive or dead insiede the disc.

10/20/2022 4:51 pm  #5308

Tillak attacks! Gundrabu and Kondor may have been taken prisoner, and Votin is down there, alone. Tillak has to help his friends. 1d20: 20!!!! 1d8: 3 +2 = 5!⛏ [Is that doubled?] 

Last edited by SullyB74 (10/20/2022 5:45 pm)

10/21/2022 10:38 pm  #5309

Iron Ranger wrote:

Votin instinctively grabs up his battle axe and retreats from the open stone as 3 Half-Sized skeletons claw through the hole. Quickly they gain ground and brandish rusty knives against him.
But the fast attack allows the third to slip behind and bury its rusty blade (18!) through the leather's seam at Votin thigh!
[Votin -3HP]

Initiative: [1d6]=5

Votin swings his axe at the closest pint sized skeleton.

[1d20+1]=10+1=11
[1d8+2]=6+2=8

Votin then puts some space between them (ha!)

10/23/2022 7:32 pm  #5310

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak attacks! Gundrabu and Kondor may have been taken prisoner, and Votin is down there, alone. Tillak has to help his friends. 1d20: 20!!!! 1d8: 3 +2 = 5!⛏ [Is that doubled?] 

Critical hits require a d6 roll to determine bonus.

10/23/2022 7:39 pm  #5311

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

[Votin -3HP]

Initiative: [1d6]=5

Votin swings his axe at the closest pint sized skeleton.

[1d20+1]=10+1=11
[1d8+2]=6+2=8

Votin then puts some space between them (ha!)

Votin has the upperhand and swings the axe but Misses all of the small skeletons.
[This is Votin's double attack round. Does he wish to take it or skip?]

10/23/2022 8:29 pm  #5312

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

5 + 3 = 8!

10/23/2022 10:23 pm  #5313

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

5 + 3 = 8!

i'm not sure what this roll is.
Did you roll a 5 on the d6?

10/24/2022 5:44 am  #5314

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

5 + 3 = 8!

1d8: 3, +2 for strength: 5, +3 on a D6, =8! [Sorry. I have two attacks next round. Do you want me to roll those now?]

10/24/2022 7:31 am  #5315

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

5 + 3 = 8!

1d8: 3, +2 for strength: 5, +3 on a D6, =8! [Sorry. I have two attacks next round. Do you want me to roll those now?]

[doesn't quite work like that,

20 = go to the d6 critical hit table.
3 = Fighters get x2 damage so, your war pick d8 roll = 3 (x2) = 6hp damage,
tillak gets  bonuses of +2 str damage, +1 mastery damage, +1 war pick vs plate mail = 10 HP total.]

The closest soldier never saw it coming as the war pick punctures his spine and he crumples screaming to the stone floor. The 2 other soldiers spin on the heels, swords at the ready. Their faces clouding for battle!

[end of surprise round.]
[Tillak state intentions and roll initiative. This is Tillak's 2 attacks round if he chooses to fight.]

10/24/2022 12:27 pm  #5316

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

tillak gets  bonuses of +2 str damage, +1 mastery damage, +1 war pick vs plate mail = 10 HP total.]

The closest soldier never saw it coming as the war pick punctures his spine and he crumples screaming to the stone floor. The 2 other soldiers spin on the heels, swords at the ready. Their faces clouding for battle!

[end of surprise round.]
[Tillak state intentions and roll initiative. This is Tillak's 2 attacks round if he chooses to fight.]

[Understood. Thank you.]

Tillak will attack again.
1st attack: 1d20: 15 + 1 = 16!
2nd attack: 1d20: 1 + 1. = 2!💩💩💩

10/24/2022 12:29 pm  #5317

Tillak looks at the beast-man and screams, "Fight, brother! Fight for your life!!!!"

10/24/2022 3:37 pm  #5318

Dismayed, Votin swings again at the pint sized Halloween treats...

[1d20+1]=18+1=19 To hit
[1d8+2]=8+2=10 Damage

10/24/2022 9:05 pm  #5319

SullyB74 wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

[end of surprise round.]

[Understood. Thank you.]

Tillak will attack again.
1st attack: 1d20: 15 + 1 = 16!
2nd attack: 1d20: 1 + 1. = 2!💩💩💩

Tilllak attacks quickly, but only his first blow finding flesh.
[Tillak roll d8 for damage]

10/24/2022 9:08 pm  #5320

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Dismayed, Votin swings again at the pint sized Halloween treats...

[1d20+1]=18+1=19 To hit
[1d8+2]=8+2=10 Damage

Votin's axe shatters one of the small skeletons to bits but the 2 remaining swarm him as he backs away!
11! and 4!
He successfully parries their flashing knives!

[end of round.]
[Votin state intentions, roll initaitive.]

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.