!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/04/2022 5:36 pm  #5221

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[OOC: 6 long x 2 wide x 2deep... big enough to lay in?]

9/04/2022 7:31 pm  #5222

Votin thinks it would be a bit tight with the armor, weapons, and shield, but he might fit.

9/04/2022 8:52 pm  #5223

Carefully adjusting his equipment, Votin wiggles his way up the chute.

9/05/2022 12:25 pm  #5224

The man beast and Tillak watch as Votin jams himself and gear into the 6 foot drawer.

9/05/2022 12:56 pm  #5225

Votin now thinks to ask, "Is this how 'she' got in?"

9/05/2022 5:42 pm  #5226

Man beast nods.
[Votin +300 XP]

9/06/2022 8:18 am  #5227

Votin satisfied with the beastman answer, scurries up the chute.

9/06/2022 9:02 am  #5228

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin satisfied with the beastman answer, scurries up the chute.

Votin stuffs himself inside the drawer, his knees bent slightly with his boots against the far end. He twists to allow his gear to clear and cradles his backpack in his arms. 

A sudden deep vibration startles him and the drawer closes with him in it.

In the dark, his eyes adjust to the now glowing orange filament on both of the interior handles on either side of him.

9/06/2022 11:27 am  #5229

Votin feels around the cramped confines of the chute for an exit, his next step was to try the handles that are glowing.

9/08/2022 7:50 am  #5230

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin feels around the cramped confines of the chute for an exit, his next step was to try the handles that are glowing.

Votin is too cramped in the drawer to give a good search, he can barely reach the handle to his right as is.

9/09/2022 9:50 am  #5231

Votin tries to rearrange himself and his equipment and try and reach the right handle. If successful he will push or pull it to see what happens.

9/10/2022 9:29 am  #5232

The handle does not push or pull....but it does twist.
Suddenly the drawer begins to shutter and vibrate - the handle filament glows hot!
Votin's guts spin.
[Votin roll CON test]

9/10/2022 11:58 am  #5233

Tillak looks over his shoulder to ensure that no one sneaks up behind, us. "I wonder where my brothers Kondor and Gundrabu are? I pray that they are safe."

• “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"

9/10/2022 12:05 pm  #5234

SullyB74 wrote:

Tillak looks over his shoulder to ensure that no one sneaks up behind, us. "I wonder where my brothers Kondor and Gundrabu are? I pray that they are safe."

The man beast shrugs and grunts, "Beast probably kill." as the huge metal disc that Votin got inside of slowly starts to rotate on its own. The now closed drawer containing Votin moving slowly to the right and about to disappear within the cave wall! [see last drawing]

9/12/2022 8:15 pm  #5235

Iron Ranger wrote:

Suddenly the drawer begins to shutter and vibrate - the handle filament glows hot!
Votin's guts spin.
[Votin roll CON test]

[1d6]=1

9/12/2022 9:55 pm  #5236

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Votin's guts spin.
[Votin roll CON test]

[1d6]=1

Votin rides the shockwaves and eventually the vibrations cease.

9/12/2022 10:05 pm  #5237

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

The man beast shrugs and grunts, "Beast probably kill." as the huge metal disc that Votin got inside of slowly starts to rotate on its own. The now closed drawer containing Votin moving slowly to the right and about to disappear within the cave wall! [see last drawing]

Suddenly the man beast douses the torch, throwing the cave into pitch black!
Tillak starts to object but hears the ominous sounds of approaching footfalls!

9/13/2022 10:15 pm  #5238

Votin tries to assess his current situation.

9/14/2022 8:30 pm  #5239

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin tries to assess his current situation.

Votin remains inside the "drawer". The deep vibrations have ceased and the only illumination is the dim orange glow of the filaments of the 2 handles on his sides.

9/15/2022 9:38 am  #5240

Once again Votin will twist the handle(s) to see if he can exit the chute, if that doesn't work he will see if he can scoot up higher to try and find an opening.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.