!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2018 9:15 am  #501

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Once again jets=9pt of thin, multihued flames spring from your fingertips, fanning out across all that dark water, but the magic fire has little effect.

Frustration makes you sneer and snarl as the words of your old master reverberate in your synapses "Combustible materials (cloth, paper, dry wood) are likely ignited if exposed to burning hands."
 and deeper yet the words  from  the Ancient Master, " flammable materials touched by the fire will burn, i.e. cloth, paper, parchment, thin wood, etc. "

[but add 50 XP for trying]

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/12/2018 9:19 am)

11/12/2018 11:35 am  #502

Iron Ranger wrote:

Malak, where are you carving the winter wolf, in the main doorway between the pews, or up in the open past the pews in front of the pulpit?

I believe we pulled it just inside the doorway.

11/12/2018 2:24 pm  #503

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Malak, where are you carving the winter wolf, in the main doorway between the pews, or up in the open past the pews in front of the pulpit?

I believe we pulled it just inside the doorway.

okay, so you are about 30 feet away from Emral at the pool.
and it's getting dark extremely soon...

11/12/2018 5:30 pm  #504

nuts!  Dangit!!!!!!!!   (throws sheets into the air, flops head onto table in despair. Peels face off table, but with dice on his face like some kind of snowman. Dice smile and eyes fall out, replaced by droopy, mopey player's face.)  Okay, I got nothing. 

Emral drags himself over to Malak.
"Malak, this place is cursed. It's cursed!!!  We are never getting out of here. We're never finding the treasure. Take the wolf pelts and put them over the windows as our curtains, this is our home now."

11/12/2018 5:46 pm  #505

fireinthedust wrote:

nuts!  Dangit!!!!!!!!   (throws sheets into the air, flops head onto table in despair. Peels face off table, but with dice on his face like some kind of snowman. Dice smile and eyes fall out, replaced by droopy, mopey player's face.)  Okay, I got nothing. 

Emral drags himself over to Malak.
"Malak, this place is cursed. It's cursed!!!  We are never getting out of here. We're never finding the treasure. Take the wolf pelts and put them over the windows as our curtains, this is our home now."

What's wrong Warlock?

11/12/2018 8:50 pm  #506

DM
Can I get a map of the room

11/12/2018 8:51 pm  #507

There's plenty of them back there somewhere...

11/12/2018 8:58 pm  #508

see pg 18, #350

and subtract 50 XP

11/12/2018 9:33 pm  #509

Iron Ranger wrote:

see pg 18, #350

and subtract 50 XP

Maybe you can update the map placing where we are and where things have been moved.

11/12/2018 9:35 pm  #510

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

see pg 18, #350

and subtract 50 XP

Maybe you can update the map placing where we are and where things have been moved.

too hard.
you and the carcass are in the main doorway.
emral and the harp in at the pool on the pulpit.

11/12/2018 10:18 pm  #511

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

see pg 18, #350

and subtract 50 XP

too hard.
you and the carcass are in the main doorway.
emral and the harp in at the pool on the pulpit.

Fair enough. Now give me back my XP

Last edited by achiriaco (11/12/2018 10:19 pm)

11/12/2018 10:20 pm  #512

by the book
participation = XP
ergo
nonparticipation = –XP

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/12/2018 10:23 pm)

11/12/2018 10:22 pm  #513

achiriaco wrote:

DM

I mean..Did YOU really write this?

DM doesn't map, players map.

minus even more XP before it's too late for you.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/12/2018 10:23 pm)

11/12/2018 10:30 pm  #514

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

DM

I mean..Did YOU really write this?

DM doesn't map, players map.

minus even more XP before it's too late for you.

Can I get a map of the surrounding area?

11/12/2018 10:32 pm  #515

If you survive the freezing temperatures of this upcoming 22 hour night, maybe you can wander around and explore the woods surrounding the church...

11/13/2018 11:18 am  #516

Emral grunts.  "I'm irritated. I hate failure. That pool should have taken the heat and transformed the water to steam. The libram of Pyraxis, which I study, talks about igniting flammable objects; but I wasn't trying to set the water aflame, merely heat it. Like how I heated the wolf of winter, if that makes sense. Perhaps the water was too hot. Bah! Foolish movement by me, now what can we ignite for heat overnight?"

He takes some soot from the fire and starts to draw a map upon the dais.

"Here's us in the temple; then the room with the fireplace.  Then outside, where we fought the wolves.  And around the right, to the cemetary gate. Here are the houses that fell apart from the village.  And there, opposite where we've been, is that tower you mentioned seeing.  Hmmm... Not that it's going to help us much. I vote we leave as first light hits, get back to the village and resupply."

11/13/2018 11:38 am  #517

fireinthedust wrote:

Emral grunts.  "I'm irritated. I hate failure. That pool should have taken the heat and transformed the water to steam. The libram of Pyraxis, which I study, talks about igniting flammable objects; but I wasn't trying to set the water aflame, merely heat it. Like how I heated the wolf of winter, if that makes sense. Perhaps the water was too hot. Bah! Foolish movement by me, now what can we ignite for heat overnight?"

He takes some soot from the fire and starts to draw a map upon the dais.

"Here's us in the temple; then the room with the fireplace.  Then outside, where we fought the wolves.  And around the right, to the cemetary gate. Here are the houses that fell apart from the village.  And there, opposite where we've been, is that tower you mentioned seeing.  Hmmm... Not that it's going to help us much. I vote we leave as first light hits, get back to the village and resupply."

Agreed

11/13/2018 11:52 am  #518

"we'll need reinforcements. More swords, and someone who can heal us. And someone at home in the wilds. If we're to succeed at all this winter, though perhaps we should simply wait for thaw."

ooc:  maybe use quotations for clarity?  And ooc/ic, too?

11/13/2018 3:47 pm  #519

OOC:  I just checked, and it looks like we're THE MOST SUCCESSFUL PBP OF ALL TIME on this forum!

Not that we should be insufferably proud of ourselves, but maybe that's good for... forum flair? No?

11/13/2018 6:16 pm  #520

Wolfskin? Warm?

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.