LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/13/2022 2:04 pm  #4921


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The lightning bolt cracks at the ground at Sigrun's feet but she easily jumps to the side to avoid certain death!

The cleric and Kondor fly down the incline jumping over beastmen carcasses all the way. Gundrabu catches sight of a transparent crystal with glowing filaments within identical to the one in his pack lying on the ground as they dart past the spits from which he hung mere hours ago.

Sigrun sprints through the stream making for the edge of the south ridge and the hidden camp beyond. Votin and Tillak not far behind.

[end of round.
state intentions, roll int, etc.]


 
 

1/13/2022 8:41 pm  #4922


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak will followv Sigurn. "Come brothers! The beast calls storms with it's mouth!"

Initiative: 3!



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

1/14/2022 7:21 pm  #4923


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1d6 - 2!

Oh, no. Gundrabu is going back to the campsite to snatch that crystal “weapon” he believes he sees.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

1/15/2022 9:16 am  #4924


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

1d6 - 2!

Oh, no. Gundrabu is going back to the campsite to snatch that crystal “weapon” he believes he sees.

The spits are no campsite. They are in the open on the beach where the clothed beastmen very nearly sacrificed Kondor, Gundrabu and TIllak!
The crystal weapon lies free of the clutch of one of these prospective murders. The cleric can easily scoop it up on his flight to the canoes without penalty.


 
     Thread Starter
 

1/15/2022 9:39 am  #4925


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

1d6 - 2!

Oh, no. Gundrabu is going back to the campsite to snatch that crystal “weapon” he believes he sees.

The spits are no campsite. They are in the open on the beach where the clothed beastmen very nearly sacrificed Kondor, Gundrabu and TIllak!
The crystal weapon lies free of the clutch of one of these prospective murders. The cleric can easily scoop it up on his flight to the canoes without penalty.

Thanks for the clarification. Gundrabu most certainly scoops it up!


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

1/15/2022 12:41 pm  #4926


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin makes an effort to move as best he can with the others but will stand and fight if able.

[1d6]=3

 

1/18/2022 8:34 pm  #4927


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor stays with Gundrabu, looking over the his shoulder as the cleric stoops to pick up the crystal weapon, but otherwise helping him along as they move.

ooc:  is the crystal weapon from way back when those undead acolytes attacked at the sanctuary?  That's the only crystal weapon I remember.

 

1/18/2022 11:45 pm  #4928


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor stays with Gundrabu, looking over the his shoulder as the cleric stoops to pick up the crystal weapon, but otherwise helping him along as they move.

ooc:  is the crystal weapon from way back when those undead acolytes attacked at the sanctuary?  That's the only crystal weapon I remember.

oodm: Tetranna's weapon was retrieved by Gundrabu. This weapon was brandished by one of the clothed beastmen upon your escape from the spits.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/01/2022 11:48 pm  #4929


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

A second lizard joins the other at the crest of the north ridge!
any new intentions for round 2? anyone?


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/02/2022 7:00 am  #4930


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc:holy shitaki mushrooms! will have to think on this one]

 

2/02/2022 8:36 am  #4931


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

sitrep

Sigrun, Votin and Tillak have cleared the shallow stream and are running across the south beach for the safety of the hidden viking camp behind the south ridge.

Kondor and Gundrabu are sprinting down the north beach toward the canoes. Gundrabu just picked up a crystal weapon.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/02/2022 10:07 am  #4932


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Having secured the weapon, Gundrabu continues to the canoes!

d6- 1!

Last edited by Eirvit (2/02/2022 10:07 am)


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

2/02/2022 6:56 pm  #4933


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin follows the other two as fast as he can, looking for a hiding place with good cover along the way.

 

2/03/2022 9:42 am  #4934


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Having secured the weapon, Gundrabu continues to the canoes!

d6- 1!

Gundrabu and Kondor splash across the shallow stream and reach the canoes.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/03/2022 9:43 am  #4935


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin follows the other two as fast as he can, looking for a hiding place with good cover along the way.

Votin grimaces and digs deep, thankful for the assistance Tillak gives him. They watch the viking disappear around the south ridge ahead.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/03/2022 6:40 pm  #4936


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak looks back at his friends. "I hope that item was worth it."



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

2/03/2022 6:47 pm  #4937


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Gundrabu +2500 XP for crystal weapon]


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/07/2022 9:45 am  #4938


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

d6:  2!

Kondor helps Gundrabu with the canoes.  "You get one ready, I'll get this other one, and we'll be ready for two passengers"

 

2/08/2022 7:39 am  #4939


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

As Kondor pulls his canoe into the stream he suddenly notices the rest of the group has fled by another route. He and the cleric are alone.
The 2 lizards remain atop the ridge.


 
     Thread Starter
 

2/08/2022 11:09 am  #4940


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

As Kondor pulls his canoe into the stream he suddenly notices the rest of the group has fled by another route. He and the cleric are alone.
The 2 lizards remain atop the ridge.

Kondor helps Gundrabu with the least damaged canoe, and they launch. The barbarian is certain he'll be able to find the others - if they survive - provided he can be healed by the cleric to his full strength.

 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2022 North Wind Adventures, LLC.