LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out HYPERBOREA 3E now available for pre-order!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2021 7:40 pm  #4781


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

Sigrun approached him and the man prone on the ground, or what was left of him. There was just a flicker of life still within, just barely. “Let me look and I will see if there’s anything I can do.”

OOC: Is there anything Sigrun can do? Sewing wounds shut with catgut and bone needle/hook? Stuffing wounds with chewed plants that would both coagulate blood and fight infection?

Sigun stands before the stream looking over to the cleric kneeling before the fallen barbarian. She touches her satchel, glad to have bought it from the camp, and ponders how to cross the water.

Sigrun will first look for a shallow section to ford. If none is available, is there a canoe on her side of the stream? Maybe a fallen tree that has spanned some of the stream? Barring any of these, she will then divest herself of shield, bow, arrows, spear and outer furs and cross where she thinks is best.
 

[Sigrun +200XP]

The stream looks very shallow, calf deep.


 
 

11/10/2021 7:47 pm  #4782


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:


Sigun stands before the stream looking over to the cleric kneeling before the fallen barbarian. She touches her satchel, glad to have bought it from the camp, and ponders how to cross the water.

Sigrun will first look for a shallow section to ford. If none is available, is there a canoe on her side of the stream? Maybe a fallen tree that has spanned some of the stream? Barring any of these, she will then divest herself of shield, bow, arrows, spear and outer furs and cross where she thinks is best.
 

[Sigrun +200XP]

The stream looks very shallow, calf deep.

Oh, good. The first one.  

Sigrun will cross the stream and kneel down beside the prone man,  “I’ll see what I can do, but I promise nothing,” she tells Gundrabu.



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

11/10/2021 7:53 pm  #4783


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Sigrun crosses the stream and runs up the steep incline of the north ridge to the cleric and fallen barbarian. The cleric cradles the dying boy's head clearing the airway from the heavy flows of blood.
[But what exactly does the viking do?]


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/10/2021 7:55 pm  #4784


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Crawdad wrote:


Sigrun will first look for a shallow section to ford. If none is available, is there a canoe on her side of the stream? Maybe a fallen tree that has spanned some of the stream? Barring any of these, she will then divest herself of shield, bow, arrows, spear and outer furs and cross where she thinks is best.
 

[Sigrun +200XP]

The stream looks very shallow, calf deep.

Oh, good. The first one.  
.

[?huh  I've got you down for previous 275 + this 220 = 495 XP]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/11/2021 8:15 am  #4785


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak checks his belongings for the dried seabird meat. Hopefully it's still there. If so, he eats a piece and attempts to waken the sleeping barbarian, again. "Kondor, Ythaq'ua has shown mercy and sent one of his huntsmen to aid us. She has gone to help the brave warrior who fought off the lizard. Arise, brother." If Kondor awakes, then he will share his dried meat with him. 
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

11/11/2021 10:42 am  #4786


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak devours the meat, but is unable to rouse the sleeping barbarian.
[Does he save the last piece or eat it?]


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/11/2021 1:11 pm  #4787


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Saves a piece for his brother, of course.



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

11/11/2021 3:40 pm  #4788


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Sigrun crosses the stream and runs up the steep incline of the north ridge to the cleric and fallen barbarian. The cleric cradles the dying boy's head clearing the airway from the heavy flows of blood.
[But what exactly does the viking do?]

Sigrun will attempt to staunch the flow of blood, suture his wounds, stuff them with herbs and medicinal plants to stave off infection. Anything she can do to help stabilize him.



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

11/11/2021 5:41 pm  #4789


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc: I think Sigrun was the first to cross the river, thus getting the XP, not that it's the first XP Sigrun has ever gotten. Does that work?

Kondor isn't a bleeding boy, so are we talking about a different character?

 

11/11/2021 9:19 pm  #4790


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: I think Sigrun was the first to cross the river, thus getting the XP, not that it's the first XP Sigrun has ever gotten. Does that work?

Kondor isn't a bleeding boy, so are we talking about a different character?

Votin, I believe. 
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

11/11/2021 10:41 pm  #4791


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Yes, Sigrun is with Gondrabu and Votin



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

11/13/2021 8:29 am  #4792


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The cleric is impressed with this Viking's skills. She works as quickly to save the young barbarian's life as if he were of her own clan. He will take much time to heal but he will live.

Night is upon you and neither moon has risen. The steady gurgle of the stream below seems louder.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/13/2021 7:58 pm  #4793


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor continues to sleep(?)

 

11/13/2021 8:20 pm  #4794


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin dreams of entering the world of spirits but the guiding light seems a little dim...kind of.

 

11/13/2021 8:24 pm  #4795


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor continues to sleep(?)

Yes, a much deserved recovery....
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/13/2021 8:26 pm  #4796


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin dreams of entering the world of spirits but the guiding light seems a little dim...kind of.

The light extinguishes and Votin wakes under the night sky. Unimaginable pain shoots through his entire body. He writhes as two strangers hold him to the ground.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/13/2021 9:45 pm  #4797


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The pain is one that Votin has not experienced...he thrashes around...not able to move...as if being held back.

In a moment of lucidity, his vision clears and he manages to utter...

"Who are you?"

"Where are my ancestors?"

"I don't see them!"

 

 

11/14/2021 8:59 am  #4798


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

The pain is one that Votin has not experienced...he thrashes around...not able to move...as if being held back.

In a moment of lucidity, his vision clears and he manages to utter...

"Who are you?"

"Where are my ancestors?"

"I don't see them!"

 

“The Kraken has clutched you back from your ancestors, for I need your help. I am weak, famished, and I need to sleep. Watch over me” — Gundrabu looks alternately at Votin and Sigrun -+ “and if either of you have a bite of meal, give it to me.”

If neither are forthcoming with viands, Gundrabu will riffle through Votin’s belongings.

Gundrabu’s intention is to satisfy his stomach, then wrap himself in his furs and fall asleep right there.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

11/14/2021 10:09 am  #4799


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

The pain is one that Votin has not experienced...he thrashes around...not able to move...as if being held back.

In a moment of lucidity, his vision clears and he manages to utter...

"Who are you?"

"Where are my ancestors?"

"I don't see them!"

 

“The Kraken has clutched you back from your ancestors, for I need your help. I am weak, famished, and I need to sleep. Watch over me” — Gundrabu looks alternately at Votin and Sigrun -+ “and if either of you have a bite of meal, give it to me.”

If neither are forthcoming with viands, Gundrabu will riffle through Votin’s belongings.

Gundrabu’s intention is to satisfy his stomach, then wrap himself in his furs and fall asleep right there.

Votin is in no condition to protect the cleric. The barbarian's axe lays nearby. His pack remains strapped to him but Gundrabu can get an hand inside its opening.


 
     Thread Starter
 

11/14/2021 3:33 pm  #4800


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Gundrabu places his hands within the pack, unless Votin makes to remove them with his axe.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.