!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/06/2018 12:19 pm  #461

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Also: any artwork or pattern on the surface of the dais, or near the pool?

Wolves: oh good! So we can eat them or use the hide for, say, armor that would resist the cold? Or maybe just cool-looking winter gear?

11/06/2018 1:31 pm  #462

fireinthedust wrote:

I thought the pulpit was the lectern. Good to know.

“Malak, look at the water with me. I don’t know what’s in it, but if the skeletons feared fire, one might have jumped in to save themselves.”

He waits to go forward with Malak, then looks more closely at the water filled area.

It’s a pool of water? Like a large baptismal font that adults could use for, say, full immersion baptism or other similar rituals?

Yes, 6x4 ft pool of water at the rear of the raised pulpit, not sure if Emral is studied in strange rituals of religious cults, but it's not a bad deduction.

The water in the pool is completely opaque.

There are no patterns on the dais.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/06/2018 1:32 pm)

11/06/2018 1:33 pm  #463

The harp is severely melted against the wall. Even the slightest movement by Malak causes it to crash with a clang to the floor.

The stone wall is solid.

11/06/2018 1:58 pm  #464

What next Warlock.
I say we thoroughly search. Make a fire. Eat these wolves and skin them for the furs.

11/06/2018 5:33 pm  #465

The harp is solid metal? Is it gold?

11/06/2018 6:12 pm  #466

Malak scratches at the harp. "It's metal indeed, but gold I'd know if it bit me..."

11/06/2018 8:19 pm  #467

Iron Ranger wrote:

Malak scratches at the harp. "It's metal indeed, but gold I'd know if it bit me..."

It's not gold!

11/07/2018 7:15 am  #468

Do we have any fuel for a fire tonight?

11/07/2018 9:02 am  #469

With the spill and falling asleep last night, the lantern is down to 1/4 (6 hours max).
The wooden table has been burned. 

Looking at both of your original character sheets you posted, you have nothing.
Perhaps now is a good time to start the arguments over what you think is inside your packs....?

11/07/2018 10:20 am  #470

Iron Ranger wrote:

With the spill and falling asleep last night, the lantern is down to 1/4 (6 hours max).

Perhaps now is a good time to start the arguments over what you think is inside your packs....?

Inside my pack:
2 weeks Iron Rations, Tinderbox, 2 Quivers of Arrows, 6 torches, 2 Grappling hooks, 50' of rope, Wool Jacket, scarf, Wolfsbane, Garlic (2 cloves), 10' pole, 6 bundles of firewood

11/07/2018 2:38 pm  #471

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Inside my pack:
2 weeks Iron Rations, Tinderbox, 2 Quivers of Arrows, 6 torches, 2 Grappling hooks, 50' of rope, Wool Jacket, scarf, Wolfsbane, Garlic (2 cloves), 10' pole, 6 bundles of firewood

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!
Here's what you started with :"Clothes, 2 Pouches, 2 Daggers, Short Bow & Quivar 20 arrows"

You're down to 10 arrows, and I think you have Olo
s rabbit's foot.

and
18 uncirculated platinum coins

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/07/2018 2:43 pm)

11/07/2018 8:39 pm  #472

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Inside my pack:

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!
Here's what you started with :"Clothes, 2 Pouches, 2 Daggers, Short Bow & Quivar 20 arrows"

You're down to 10 arrows, and I think you have Olo
s rabbit's foot.

and
18 uncirculated platinum coins

I sell the coins for the "new" contents of my pack. Ranger/DM-style

11/07/2018 8:51 pm  #473

Emral's not buying.

11/07/2018 9:31 pm  #474

Hold up, my good GM, but player agency is a cornerstone of a good game. I must determine what Emral will do, freeing you to be excellent in other areas. The warlock is planning something quite different from what you might have expected.

In point of fact, Emral accepts those coins ...in exchange for half a pint of oil and a ration. Supply and demand, so really you’re the one getting the best deal here.

11/07/2018 9:33 pm  #475

fireinthedust wrote:

Hold up, my good GM, but player agency is a cornerstone of a good game. I must determine what Emral will do, freeing you to be excellent in other areas. The warlock is planning something quite different from what you might have expected.

In point of fact, Emral accepts those coins ...in exchange for half a pint of oil and a ration. Supply and demand, so really you’re the one getting the best deal here.

Add 90 XP.
But what all is in your pack, Emral?

Last edited by Iron Ranger (11/08/2018 12:12 am)

11/08/2018 12:29 am  #476

I say we use the oil to start a fire with some wood. Cook the wolf. Skin it. Get warm and regain strength.

I will share my platinum with the warlock. 50/50

11/08/2018 7:35 am  #477

achiriaco wrote:

I say we use the oil to start a fire with some wood. Cook the wolf. Skin it. Get warm and regain strength.

Ok, then Warlock subtract 45 XP.

And not sure there's enough oil to dry out any of the wet wood you might find.

11/09/2018 12:17 am  #478

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

The Warlock gives you half a ration and half a pint of oil.  Still a good deal for you!

Backpack:  Huh. I thought I'd posted that.  Spellbook with Burning Hands; then I thought I'd put on 6 pints of oil, a lantern, and rations.  And blankets, rope, a whip, his bastard sword, a falcata (small), and... I can't remember.

Sorry for the late reply, busy day plus sick like crazy. 

11/09/2018 9:21 am  #479

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

achiriaco wrote:

The Warlock gives you half a ration and half a pint of oil.  Still a good deal for you!

Backpack:  Huh. I thought I'd posted that.  Spellbook with Burning Hands; then I thought I'd put on 6 pints of oil, a lantern, and rations.  And blankets, rope, a whip, his bastard sword, a falcata (small), and... I can't remember.

Sorry for the late reply, busy day plus sick like crazy. 

ok, got it.

so we know that the journey was 3 days. so assuming you'd need 6 days rations each. plus say extra 2 just in case of delay.
3 used on the way in, assuming one consumed during night/morning reprieve.

so you each have 4 left.

11/09/2018 11:51 am  #480

I want to cook the wolf

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.