LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out HYPERBOREA 3E now available for pre-order!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/27/2021 10:00 am  #4721


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin lies where he is marked, halfway up the north ridge below the trail (taken by the beastmen and the lizard)

Gundrabu hides east along the stream where it disappears into the trees (where the lizard first emerged)

Tillak is at the canoes on the south side of the stream.

Kondor and Sigrun are atop the south ridge but on the west end between the first two trees.
 


 
 

10/27/2021 2:18 pm  #4722


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak has equipped himself, so he returns to where he was carried to by mighty Kondor. He has lost track of his brother Gundrabu. As he walks back to where Kondor was, Tillak stares out across the lake at the form of the fallen barbarian. If only Ythaq'ua favored the brave, then perhaps he would have granted the barbarian favor. Tillak waves these thoughts away. If you want to thank the barbarian for his sacrifice, Tillak snarls to himself, then stay alive!  



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/27/2021 3:14 pm  #4723


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

D20: 14+9=23

1d6: 3+1=4 Subdual Damage



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

10/27/2021 3:15 pm  #4724


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: Does this site have an online dice roller?



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

10/27/2021 4:28 pm  #4725


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If Kondor is unkonscious, he will hopefully rest refreshed.

 

10/27/2021 5:15 pm  #4726


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

OOC: Does this site have an online dice roller?

Not that I know of. I use the one on Wizards of the Coast. We just go by the honor system here. 
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/27/2021 8:57 pm  #4727


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

D20: 14+9=23

1d6: 3+1=4 Subdual Damage

Sigrun knocks the barbarian out cold!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2021 8:58 pm  #4728


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

If Kondor is unkonscious, he will hopefully rest refreshed.

Zzzzzzzzz!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2021 8:58 pm  #4729


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

OOC: Does this site have an online dice roller?

Not that I know of. I use the one on Wizards of the Coast. We just go by the honor system here. 
 

I think Votin just used something on here??


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/27/2021 8:59 pm  #4730


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Votin roll another d20.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/28/2021 5:19 am  #4731


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

SullyB74 wrote:

Crawdad wrote:

OOC: Does this site have an online dice roller?

Not that I know of. I use the one on Wizards of the Coast. We just go by the honor system here. 
 

I think Votin just used something on here??

😲🙀

Last edited by SullyB74 (10/28/2021 5:19 am)



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/28/2021 6:47 pm  #4732


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

His new ring on his thumb,, and sharpened stave in the other hand, all the excitement apparently diminishing, Gundrabu hies back to the canoes.

He means to take an undamaged one back to the spits, to loot the bodies of beastmen and search for other gear.

He also wonders about that other figure. He wonders if he is still around. If he is, maybe he needs help.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/28/2021 8:24 pm  #4733


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

His new ring on his thumb,, and sharpened stave in the other hand, all the excitement apparently diminishing, Gundrabu hies back to the canoes.

He means to take an undamaged one back to the spits, to loot the bodies of beastmen and search for other gear.

He also wonders about that other figure. He wonders if he is still around. If he is, maybe he needs help.

Gundrabu steps avoids the deep lizard prints in the mud, following them out from his safe position back toward the canoes.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/28/2021 9:28 pm  #4734


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Sigrun will step over the prone form on the ground and will look to see who is left of the ormr’s wrath.

Last edited by Crawdad (10/28/2021 9:29 pm)



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

10/28/2021 9:39 pm  #4735


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Crawdad wrote:

Sigrun will step over the prone form on the ground and will look to see who is left of the ormr’s wrath.

Barbarian fallen on the far ridge.
Two men below, one directly and the other at the far canoes.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2021 6:00 am  #4736


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

With the ormr now gone Sigrun then rose from her crouch and slowly advanced from beyond the tree line and it’s natural cover, revealing herself to those below. Planting the butt of her spear and holding her shield, her eyes hard as the land around her, her posture was that of a challenge.

Let’s see how the two respond, she thinks.



  • “He said it aloud, in a great ringing voice. Yuth-Kaathak ngom’m! Ygar naa Ithorthak! Sh’ayaa Ubb nagarr’nya Ib! Ib-nya gryalak!”
  • ― Lin Carter, The Flame of Iridar
 

10/30/2021 6:20 am  #4737


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If he sees her, Tillak stops in his tracks. If he is with in earshot, he speaks. "Who are you? Where is my brother, Kondor? If you've harmed him, then you'll wish that the lizard had taken your life  as well as the life of the brave barbarian who feel while saving us!" Tillak begins to think of his spell while raising his shield in a defensive posture and crouching.  



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/30/2021 8:39 am  #4738


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If Gundrabu notices the new character, he makes no overt response, instead continuing as fast as possible to the canoes. He feels the coils of Khalk-xu drumming on the skin of the universe; perhaps, though he lacks magic for the nonce, he may yet prevent another soul from being devoured in his god’s rending beak. Of course, if the Kraken insists on the meal, so be it, but if the fallen figure could somehow be preserved, the one clinging to life may draw others into a net for a larger, future harvest.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/30/2021 9:14 am  #4739


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

If he sees her, Tillak stops in his tracks. If he is with in earshot, he speaks. "Who are you? Where is my brother, Kondor? If you've harmed him, then you'll wish that the lizard had taken your life  as well as the life of the brave barbarian who feel while saving us!" Tillak begins to think of his spell while raising his shield in a defensive posture and crouching.  

Tillak awaits an answer from the warrior overhead.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2021 9:17 am  #4740


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

If Gundrabu notices the new character, he makes no overt response, instead continuing as fast as possible to the canoes. He feels the coils of Khalk-xu drumming on the skin of the universe; perhaps, though he lacks magic for the nonce, he may yet prevent another soul from being devoured in his god’s rending beak. Of course, if the Kraken insists on the meal, so be it, but if the fallen figure could somehow be preserved, the one clinging to life may draw others into a net for a larger, future harvest.

Gundrabu arrives at the canoes. He sees Tillak at the end of the beach looking up at teh top of the ridge. The ceric heard the female's voice boom through this canyon but he cannot see her figure.
The fallen barbarian remains across the stream and up the opposite ridge.

Kondor is nowhere to be seen.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.