LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out HYPERBOREA 3E now available for pre-order!


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/02/2021 6:38 am  #4661


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Sorry I've been away so long. Things have been crazy at work. 😅]
Tillak runs after Kondor, horribly cold from the elements 🥶, and embarrassed by his naked state. 😳

[Am I naked and unarmed, BTW?]

Last edited by SullyB74 (10/02/2021 6:44 am)



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/03/2021 10:17 am  #4662


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

[Sorry I've been away so long. Things have been crazy at work. 😅]
Tillak runs after Kondor, horribly cold from the elements 🥶, and embarrassed by his naked state. 😳

[Am I naked and unarmed, BTW?]

[Most of Tillak's stuff was in Gundrabu's canoe, he tried to make the switcheroo on the far beach just when Tillak "went limp!"]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/05/2021 9:08 pm  #4663


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor is content to watch what's happening, monitoring the dragon in case it comes back his way.

 

10/05/2021 9:18 pm  #4664


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor starts to climb the ridge, and find a spot to hide in the brush at the top. If he can spot Gundrabu and Tillak, he will - but his primary concern is the whatever the Dragon is up to. 

Kondor can feel his body's exhaustion, the bludgeoning and burns from the beast men, and is none too pleased that he can't dive into battle immediately - but he watches the dragon now, looking for weaknesses and planning how to fight it later.

Kondor climbs the backside of the ridge as fast as he can, nestling into a nice bramble perch near the top. A quick scan of the beaches below from this vantage reveals he cannot see Gundrabu or Tillak - but he does have a direct and clear line of sight on the dragon and the poor newcome barbarian...


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/05/2021 9:20 pm  #4665


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

Gundrabu retreats into the shrubbery with his long stick. He begins to sharpen one end with his +1 Dagger.

The ferns near the stream edge where the stick was found provides the cleric with ample cover. The stick is green and sharpens quickly.
[Gundrabu roll d12.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/05/2021 9:21 pm  #4666


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

[Sorry I've been away so long. Things have been crazy at work. 😅]
Tillak runs after Kondor, horribly cold from the elements 🥶, and embarrassed by his naked state. 😳

[Am I naked and unarmed, BTW?]

Tillak hastes after the barbarian, who has rounded the ridge and disappeared. Tillak hears snaps of twigs above him , then a horrible roar from the lizard around the ridge!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/05/2021 9:23 pm  #4667


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Kondor is content to watch what's happening, monitoring the dragon in case it comes back his way.

Kondor peers through the safety of his distant bramble awaiting to see whether it will be the lizard of the warrior who strikes fist in this deadly standoff!


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/06/2021 1:31 pm  #4668


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

D12- 1!


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/06/2021 8:42 pm  #4669


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

D12- 1!

Gundrabu sees a white bone buried in the mud.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/08/2021 1:06 pm  #4670


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor waits, feeling bad about not being able to help, but will study the dragon's movement so he can avenge this stranger later on.

 

10/08/2021 8:13 pm  #4671


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The lizard looks like it is waiting to see what the barbarian does next.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/10/2021 8:18 am  #4672


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: Would I be able to reach my gear? Usually I wouldn't risk it, but a large wyrm that could attack any time? That armor and shield may come in handy. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

10/10/2021 9:13 am  #4673


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: Would I be able to reach my gear? Usually I wouldn't risk it, but a large wyrm that could attack any time? That armor and shield may come in handy. 

[Tillak isn't clear about how far Kondor carried him away from the canoes, and now that he is around the back side of the south ridge he can no longer see them, but his memory of the stream and its shores makes him think it could only around take a few minutes to make the return journey.]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/10/2021 7:13 pm  #4674


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

The lizard looks like it is waiting to see what the barbarian does next.

[ooc: Is this the 'charge the lizard' part or an act of foolish bravado?]

 

10/10/2021 7:24 pm  #4675


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[Maybe the lizard wants to be the barbarian's friend?]

When it is his turn, Gundrabu touches the bone and wiggles it a bit, to see if it will come free from the earth -- or perhaps if it is attached to a greater skeleton.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/11/2021 9:01 am  #4676


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

The lizard looks like it is waiting to see what the barbarian does next.

[ooc: Is this the 'charge the lizard' part or an act of foolish bravado?]

Is Votin committed to the charge now that he is turned and facing the lizard? If so re-roll those dice!]


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/11/2021 9:03 am  #4677


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

[Maybe the lizard wants to be the barbarian's friend?]

When it is his turn, Gundrabu touches the bone and wiggles it a bit, to see if it will come free from the earth -- or perhaps if it is attached to a greater skeleton.

The bone shifts in the mud, about two inches protrude. Its edge is smooth by a single cleave.


 
     Thread Starter
 

10/12/2021 2:19 am  #4678


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin stands in front of the giant lizard and bangs his axe on his shield making an invitation to combat.

 

10/12/2021 7:52 pm  #4679


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Eirvit wrote:

[Maybe the lizard wants to be the barbarian's friend?]

When it is his turn, Gundrabu touches the bone and wiggles it a bit, to see if it will come free from the earth -- or perhaps if it is attached to a greater skeleton.

The bone shifts in the mud, about two inches protrude. Its edge is smooth by a single cleave.

Gundrabu seizes as much of the protruding part of the bone as he can. He stiffens his legs and shoulders. He gives the bone a yank, using most of his feeble strength.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

10/13/2021 10:26 pm  #4680


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin stands in front of the giant lizard and bangs his axe on his shield making an invitation to combat.

Votin roll initiative.


 
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.