!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2021 1:05 pm  #4561

Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

"Looks like there's nothing we can do for this fellow," Kondor grunts. "We need to move, before whatever creature I heard arrives here. If he lives, maybe he'll follow us up the hill, where we can hide and rest. But Gundrabu, you're out of healing - and I've need to rest and recover."

ooc: Kondor grabs one canoe and drags it as far as he can with their things. He moves up the hill to hide and rest.

8/30/2021 6:55 pm  #4562

If it’s not out of turn order, Gundrabu gathers up Tillak’s gear and marches it over to his cousin and the third canoe.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

8/30/2021 9:51 pm  #4563

fireinthedust wrote:

"Looks like there's nothing we can do for this fellow," Kondor grunts. "We need to move, before whatever creature I heard arrives here. If he lives, maybe he'll follow us up the hill, where we can hide and rest. But Gundrabu, you're out of healing - and I've need to rest and recover."

ooc: Kondor grabs one canoe and drags it as far as he can with their things. He moves up the hill to hide and rest.

I assume his own. The hilltop trees are sparse on this side of the stream.

Last edited by Iron Ranger (8/30/2021 9:52 pm)

8/30/2021 9:53 pm  #4564

Eirvit wrote:

If it’s not out of turn order, Gundrabu gathers up Tillak’s gear and marches it over to his cousin and the third canoe.

Gundrabu dumps the load at Tillak's feet as soon as his own gear comes into view within Tillak's canoe.

8/31/2021 8:45 am  #4565

"I brought you your things, cousin. Now, kindly give me mine."

Gundrabu begins to dress and arm himself, taking a swift inventory to determine if anything is missing.

“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword

8/31/2021 8:47 am  #4566

Kondor arrives at hilltop. The beach across the stream is strewn with beastmen bodies. The bonfire peters out and the fighting is nearly done. And a warm breeze blows against his naked skin.

8/31/2021 8:48 am  #4567

Eirvit wrote:

"I brought you your things, cousin. Now, kindly give me mine."

Gundrabu begins to dress and arm himself, taking a swift inventory to determine if anything is missing.

All seems to be in order. After a quick minute Gundrabu is sorted.

8/31/2021 1:46 pm  #4568

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor arrives at hilltop. The beach across the stream is strewn with beastmen bodies. The bonfire peters out and the fighting is nearly done. And a warm breeze blows against his naked skin.

His face, not the rest of him, right? I thought he got into his armour.

When Kondor gets there, he sets the canoe down, then looks around for whatever made that roar heard earlier.

8/31/2021 2:48 pm  #4569

yes, it's warm and acrid, slightly stinging his skin. It wafts from the direction downstream from which the bellows came.

9/01/2021 3:19 pm  #4570

The beach on the stream is behind us? Okay, what's beyond the top of the hillside?

9/01/2021 5:17 pm  #4571

check the map on post #4414. 

9/01/2021 5:19 pm  #4572

Kondor is atop the south ridge just east of the last Tree icon.

Looking further south, the treeline descends a much wider valley miles across, far off - the sea.

9/02/2021 2:21 pm  #4573

Iron Ranger wrote:

Looking further south, the treeline descends a much wider valley miles across, far off - the sea.

Kondor looks for signs of where North is, and tries to estimate where they're at base upon the angle of the shoreline vs the direction of North (or whatever they do in Hyperborea, I suppose - which he would be skilled at).

9/04/2021 8:12 am  #4574

[OOC: Votin's spirit hovers over the battlefield wondering if another PC should be rolled up]

9/04/2021 9:23 am  #4575

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

[OOC: Votin's spirit hovers over the battlefield wondering if another PC should be rolled up]

Votin looks down at the trapped, wounded, panting beastman at his feet, its cleaved arm on the ground nearby. He looks at the battle surrounding him, his protectors now solidly with the upperhand - the attacking regal beastmen numbers down to nil.
And wonders if he just lays down his axe and simply allows his foe take him just because 3 cowards left him to die alone on this sandy beach far from home?

9/04/2021 9:24 am  #4576

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor looks for signs of where North is, and tries to estimate where they're at base upon the angle of the shoreline vs the direction of North (or whatever they do in Hyperborea, I suppose - which he would be skilled at).

Kondor knows north to be direct across the stream. The water flows due east.

9/04/2021 9:25 am  #4577

Tillak stands actionless, watching Gundrabu gear up.

9/04/2021 11:18 am  #4578

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor knows north to be direct across the stream. The water flows due east.

ooc:  Okay, looking at the map that I got with the 2e PDF, and through the campaign, I recall we were in the North, along the Barrier Mountains, near the Boreal coast. The scorched sanctuary, then we travelled for a while towards the mountains - and the cave had access to lava, but not one of the volcanoes.
Wait, the river is flowing EAST into the sea?!
How is that possible? We were on the western coast, iirc!!!  Did they take us to the other side of Hyperborea?!

9/04/2021 11:24 am  #4579

Iron Ranger wrote:

And wonders if he just lays down his axe and simply allows his foe take him just because 3 cowards left him to die alone on this sandy beach far from home? 

I mean, that's a little harsh. Kondor has 1hp and no ranged weapons, and there was a monstrous roar coming from downstream. Charging into beastmen, naked, with 1hp, is when we die.  It's also when we run away... which, if you've got enough hp to take a hit, you could do - then swim across the river to us.  :D

9/04/2021 12:04 pm  #4580

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

I mean, that's a little harsh. Kondor has 1hp and no ranged weapons, and there was a monstrous roar coming from downstream. Charging into beastmen, naked, with 1hp, is when we die.  It's also when we run away... which, if you've got enough hp to take a hit, you could do - then swim across the river to us.  :D

These are Votin's internal thoughts.
The barbarian knows nothing of the 3 naked men except they are prone to fleeing.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.