LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out our new HYPERBOREA 3E Kickstarter!





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2021 1:42 pm  #4501


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor and Gundrabu paddle ahead while Tillak looks back, concerned for the stranger left to fight the horde alone.
Through the wafting smoke of the bonfire, now blazing where just moments ago he hung, Tillak witnesses the remaining savage beastmen flank and form a protective circle around the stranger!


 
 

8/04/2021 6:53 pm  #4502


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc: protect the stranger?!  Iiiiiinteresting...

 

8/07/2021 2:16 pm  #4503


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[The Ref is taking a long pause. By now I’ve learned that that’s a cue of some kind. 😉]

Gundrabu puts his paddle over his knees, thereby slowing his escape. He squints at the figure surrounded by savage beastmen. “Ho! Stranger, dost thou require passage?”

Then Gundrabu looks doubtfully at the water bubbling up and into his breached canoe.


“Our own age is not one which can afford to call its ancestors savage.” 
― Poul AndersonThe Broken Sword
 

8/09/2021 3:37 pm  #4504


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Eirvit wrote:

[The Ref is taking a long pause. By now I’ve learned that that’s a cue of some kind. 😉]

ooc:  Oh sure. Probably waiting on our new player, whose character is surrounded by "helpful"(?) beast men.

The rest of us are waiting on the GM, as we got into the boats without seeing the new character. So we're headed out - though I'd like to help, but I thought we didn't know to stop and help.  Plus Kondor started this encounter with 1hp, so one hit and he's dead - no healing from the Jackalope's paw, nor cleric, etc. 

 

8/09/2021 4:52 pm  #4505


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Everyone heard the new warrior's caterwaul and Tillak (and Gundrabu?) watched him become surrounded by the savage beastmen.
Gundrabu has yelled out to him, but he may not have heard above the gutteral shouts of formation by the beasts.



 


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/09/2021 4:53 pm  #4506


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The hole in Gundrabu's canoe barely dips into the waterline.


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/09/2021 4:54 pm  #4507


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin suddenly finds himself surrounded by the savage beastmen, who bark viciously at their brethen.


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/09/2021 5:01 pm  #4508


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor hears animalistic roars in the distance ahead upstream.


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/09/2021 5:46 pm  #4509


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor hears animalistic roars in the distance ahead upstream.

Kondor looks ahead, to see where the roars are coming from.  "Gundrabu, Tillak: something's coming up ahead!"

 

8/09/2021 5:47 pm  #4510


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Kondor only sees the stream take a bend into deeper thicker woods about 500 yds ahead.


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/10/2021 6:08 am  #4511


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc: WIP , I'll post on break]

 

8/10/2021 8:05 am  #4512


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin stands at the ready holding his axe but stares in amazement as beastmen surround him and appear to be defending him.

The din of thier barking drowns out any other noise and he lowers his guard just a bit also wondering if he can escape this mess.

"What's going on?" he asks hoping for an answer.

 

8/11/2021 1:09 pm  #4513


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor only sees the stream take a bend into deeper thicker woods about 500 yds ahead.

Kondor pauses his forward paddling, and starts heading to the nearest shore - preferably the opposite shore from the beast men, which maybe has trees they can hide behind.

"Gundrabu, Tillak, hold! Something is coming up ahead. We're naked and unarmed. Aim for the shore and let's take cover. Fast!"

ooc: My hope is we can hide, get dressed/armed while the beast men are distracted with whatever monster approaches, and then we'll be in a better state to adventure.

 

8/11/2021 7:54 pm  #4514


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

If Tillak can, he assists Kondor in guiding the canoe towards the far shore. 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

8/14/2021 5:42 am  #4515


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor only sees the stream take a bend into deeper thicker woods about 500 yds ahead.

Kondor pauses his forward paddling, and starts heading to the nearest shore - preferably the opposite shore from the beast men, which maybe has trees they can hide behind.

"Gundrabu, Tillak, hold! Something is coming up ahead. We're naked and unarmed. Aim for the shore and let's take cover. Fast!"

ooc: My hope is we can hide, get dressed/armed while the beast men are distracted with whatever monster approaches, and then we'll be in a better state to adventure.

Kondor easily paddles his canoe to the far shore. The landing is a similar clearing and the nearest trees for cover are at the top of the  hillside. The clearing is empty. 
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/14/2021 5:43 am  #4516


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

If Tillak can, he assists Kondor in guiding the canoe towards the far shore. 

Tillak , in his own canoe, follows Kondor to the opposing shore.


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/14/2021 5:47 am  #4517


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin stands at the ready holding his axe but stares in amazement as beastmen surround him and appear to be defending him.

The din of thier barking drowns out any other noise and he lowers his guard just a bit also wondering if he can escape this mess.

"What's going on?" he asks hoping for an answer.

Votin struggles to understand why these beastmen move to protect him when every ounce of his being knows that they are responsible for taking his sister. Suddenly there is chaos as the the strange, clothed beastmen move en masse  to attack to circle! 
[Votin roll initiative, state intention]


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/14/2021 11:31 am  #4518


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Votin seems confused by the two different groups of beastmen, but in a moment of clarity remembers an old adage, "Enemy of my enemy is an ally"...well at least in this fight.

Initiative 1d6= 5!

Votin will fight alongside the beastmen against the other group until he can find out what's really going on.

Does he notice the group in the boat?

Last edited by bald_headed_yeti (8/14/2021 11:32 am)

 

8/14/2021 11:33 am  #4519


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

Votin seems confused by the two different groups of beastmen, but in a moment of clarity remembers an old adage, "Enemy of my enemy is an ally"...well at least in this fight.

Initiative 1d6= 5!

Votin will fight alongside the beastmen against the other group until he can find out what's really going on.

Does he notice the group in the boat?

Yes, their fleeing is causing Votin great stress


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/15/2021 4:43 pm  #4520


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

Kondor easily paddles his canoe to the far shore. The landing is a similar clearing and the nearest trees for cover are at the top of the  hillside. The clearing is empty. 
 

Kondor gets out of the canoe and drags it up the hillside. Once there he starts putting his armour and loincloth on.

"There's more going on here than we knew at first, and those beast men are busy with the unclothed ones. Let's get dressed and arm ourselves before whatever monster that's roaring from up ahead reaches us. Then... perhaps we'll get some answers - but I'm certainly in need of some vengeance upon those murderous, treacherous, cannibal beast men!" 

 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.