LOGOmasthead2021

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site! Also check out our new HYPERBOREA 3E Kickstarter!





You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2021 12:24 am  #4481


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak: 1d6: 5!



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/30/2021 12:25 am  #4482


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

What are tillaks intentions for the round?


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/30/2021 1:02 pm  #4483


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Donning:  Uh... skip that. 6 minutes?!  Bah, Kondor puts on his loincloth and draws his sword. If the others are charging in, he'll not hide behind - but he's aware of his 1hp. 

 

7/30/2021 1:57 pm  #4484


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Donning:  Uh... skip that. 6 minutes?!  Bah, Kondor puts on his loincloth and draws his sword. If the others are charging in, he'll not hide behind - but he's aware of his 1hp. 

Oh boy the loincloth got thrown in one of the canoes somewhere when you loaded everything.

No one is charging, so far the intentions for this round are:
Gundrabu will climb into a canoe.
Votin will try to get to his feet to attack beastmen.
Tillak can't find his war pick in the canoes and will try to help Cleric and Barbarian into canoes.
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/30/2021 4:54 pm  #4485


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc: Do we see Votin? I don't want to leave our newest player behind, but the group is desperate and Kondor is at literally 1hp. 

 

7/30/2021 5:15 pm  #4486


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: Once Votin gets on his feet he can move pretty fast, he saw you on top of the hill but may have gotten in over his head.

 

7/30/2021 6:25 pm  #4487


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: Do we see Votin? I don't want to leave our newest player behind, but the group is desperate and Kondor is at literally 1hp. 

[No]


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/30/2021 6:27 pm  #4488


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

OOC: Once Votin gets on his feet he can move pretty fast, he saw you on top of the hill but may have gotten in over his head.

[Votin base rate is 50MV, but there are half a dozen battles going on between him and the canoes.]


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/30/2021 6:28 pm  #4489


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

Donning:  Uh... skip that. 6 minutes?!  Bah, Kondor puts on his loincloth and draws his sword. If the others are charging in, he'll not hide behind - but he's aware of his 1hp. 

Also, when Kondor threw everything in the canoes, he threw everything in the canoes.
So the only sword out is......
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

7/31/2021 6:33 am  #4490


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Tillak will attempt to help get the canoe underway. I will not abandon the party though, of course, and will not set out until we are all accounted for. 
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

7/31/2021 11:09 am  #4491


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

Iron Ranger wrote:

fireinthedust wrote:

Donning:  Uh... skip that. 6 minutes?!  Bah, Kondor puts on his loincloth and draws his sword. If the others are charging in, he'll not hide behind - but he's aware of his 1hp. 

Also, when Kondor threw everything in the canoes, he threw everything in the canoes.
So the only sword out is......
 

Mighty though it may be, Kondor shall not use it upon these beastmen.  As the oracles of his homeland state, "don't go chasing waterfalls - please, stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to."

Did we see where the blast came from?

Because he doesn't see the new character, Kondor will get some useless things out of the canoe with the hole in it, and suggest that someone more experienced with canoes who is lighter than the barbarian take that one, so the hole doesn't go below the waterline. His ruined boots, the rations.

If that's not enough, they may need to stay and fight the survivors of the beast men battle!
 

 

8/02/2021 4:33 pm  #4492


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

The blast came from the melee behind Kondor.
Kondor frantically starts throwing out useless things [Kondor please list for me beyond the boot and the food]
And he's relieved that its the cleric who's boarded the damaged canoe. As he jumps inside the next. 
Satisfied that his compatriots are aboard, Tillak pushes out the third. And the three adventurers dig the oars into the swirling current.

30 yards up the embankment a caterwaul cuts through the din.
And an armored man climbs to his feet between two beastmen and raises a mighty battle axe!
[Votin roll d20]
 


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/02/2021 5:14 pm  #4493


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

ooc: hope it works out for Votin.

Kondor just gets rid of the wrecked boots and rations. Everything else is light enough or too important to throw out.

 

8/02/2021 5:15 pm  #4494


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

fireinthedust wrote:

ooc: hope it works out for Votin.

Kondor just gets rid of the wrecked boots and rations. Everything else is light enough or too important to throw out.

Roger that


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/02/2021 9:03 pm  #4495


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

1d20=7!

Ugh!

 

8/02/2021 9:09 pm  #4496


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

bald_headed_yeti wrote:

1d20=7!

Ugh!

Votin swings again but the beastmen are far better trained than the self taught orphan. The regal beastman laughs at the young boy's inexperience and hefts what looks to be a long headless metal spear shaft above his head to strike. The savage beastman suddenly lunges forward and pushes the young barbarian aside. "No!" it grunts as it takes the full fury of the blow. Its cranium spilts wide on impact and blood and detritus and brain matter cover the boy!


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/03/2021 12:12 am  #4497


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: s***, we're losing Votin!



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

8/03/2021 2:02 pm  #4498


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

SullyB74 wrote:

OOC: s***, we're losing Votin!

Tillak watches from the safety of his floating canoe with a heavy heart...


 
     Thread Starter
 

8/03/2021 2:38 pm  #4499


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

[ooc] I'm not dead yet, t'is but a scratch
 

 

8/04/2021 12:55 am  #4500


Re: The Scorched Sanctuary

OOC: F*ck! I hope you can make it to the canoe! 
 



  • “Moonglum licked his long lips. 'So it’s sorcery again. In truth, Elric, this whole country is beginning to stink of wizardry and the minions of hell.' Elric murmured for his friend’s ears: 'No hell-beings these—but honest elementals, equally powerful in many ways.'"
 

Board footera





“HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2021 North Wind Adventures, LLC.